PDA

View Full Version : Do The Mods Here Read Forum Members Pm Messages?

Hacktown
03-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi -

Do the mods and admins here read the pm messages of forum members here?

The reason Im asking is because the admin of ES5 forums is claiming that the admins here are spying on the users. Can you please admit or deny this?

jetje
03-26-2004, 04:30 PM
Yes we read the pm's from members!

When they're sent to us in private... :lol:

for all the other pm's ... no we don't read any of them. With the exception on those that were sent between members, and where the receiving member complains about it and forward the specific message.
PM is PRIVATE message, so ofcourse we don't read them... we have better things to do, believe me... :)

oh the admin from ES5............. well that's a whole other story but why don't you just ask him... Better tell him that we do read them (just quote my first line!), tell him a mod in here stated that they do on this forum, you will make his day.... and he can use all good dayys in his life cause there ain't probably many of those... :lol:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-26-2004, 04:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The MODs can read mine if they want.I am sure they will find nothing much there.

:lol: :P :lol:

7thElement
03-26-2004, 04:41 PM
I have a heck of a lot of better things to do with my time them read thousands of PMs. Why would I do this? What would it accomplish? I could really careless what members talk about in private.

7th

Cheese
03-26-2004, 04:41 PM
If they did Hacktown then they'd have realised that you spam newcomer's accounts with ES5 links...

Check this forum out. http://[SPAM]

Its a hell of alot better than here.

Be in touch,

Southpark (from ZP)

http://[SPAM]

muchspl2
03-26-2004, 04:44 PM
OWN3D

lol

whats that south park zip and was that links to es5

EDIT:
BTW were is kab, is he still the mole around here
did they recruit any new members :o

4play
03-26-2004, 04:45 PM
the mods read are pm's :unsure:

i better stop using it to send other members my credit card details and other very important information. :P

Cheese
03-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@26 March 2004 - 15:44
OWN3D

lol

whats that south park zip and was that links to es5
It was a link to ES5. I imagine South Park is the name he uses to spam Zero Paid forums or some such.

edit: This was sent to one of my alternative accounts...so we can all see where Hacktown's loyalties lie. :lol:

Cheese
03-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Two things were brought to my attention.

1) Kazaa Forums http://filesharingtalk.com reads their forum members PM messages. Apparently, the admins over on www.filesharingtalk.com are actively spying on their users. I have received proof and perhaps later I will post it (only if you guys ask me to proove it or if the mods of www.filesharingtalk.com deny it will I post the proof. I prefer the suspense and people telling me that I dont have such proof! LOL) (Go ahead anybody...Say its not true!!!!)

2) Since Kazaa Lite officially died, and was shut down by the RIAA, several versions of Klite "for sell" or "Klite Malware" have risen. Taking an educated guess, most of the malware sights offering Klite were probably set up by the RIAA and/or Kazaa to screw p2pr's. Other sites, like the one Shaun Garriock (aka Random Nut) has requires people pay to download Kazaa Lite.

Here is an example of a malware site: http://kazaalite.tv

The owner of Kazaalite.tv says this:
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...pic=105389&st=0

I am the one that actually owns http://www.kazaalite.tv. There is no dialer or any of that crap. There is however a .dll that will be used as an updater. Just got tired of trying to find kazaa lite and getting bad versions and you both know how much kazaa media desktop sucks ass, right? I was one of the unlucky stupid asses that fell for the scam sites and they sucked $29.95 outta me, so I vowed that I would get back at them. I will be posting all of those scam sites to my site to warn users about this crap. Anyway, just surfing and found your post and thought I would respond.

I totally doubt that this is true. Even the people at Kazaa Lite's official forum are calling the person a liar.

Anyway, my suggestion is stay the hell away from this site.

Now, here is an example of Shaun Garriock's aka "Random Nut's" Kazaa 'for $24.00' year site: http://kazaalite.com

Remember, Kazaalite.com was the original download site for Kazaa Lite owned and controlled by Shaun Garriock. Notice how Random has been silent for the past couple of months? Now here is what Shaun Garriock is pushing to people today....

Credit Card  2 Years @ $1.49/Month by Credit card
  1 Year @ $1.99/Month by Credit Card

Checking  2 Years @ $1.49/Month by Check (US ONLY)
  1 Year @ $1.99/Month by Check (US ONLY)

How can you control how long somebody uses a p2p program unless you have a direct backdoor into the program? Seem's Random Nut has a funny .dll file in the back of his pay 2 peer program which is really a backdoor directly into their computers. Be careful and do not use these bullshit programs to share files.

In case anyone is even vaguely interested in this. :blink:

edit: It's been a strange day for the mods today...first they get accused of not reading PMs then they get accused of reading EVERYONE'S PMs. :lol:

RPerry
03-26-2004, 05:17 PM
(only if you guys ask me to proove it  or if the mods of www.filesharingtalk.com deny it will I post the proof. I prefer the suspense and people telling me that I dont have such proof! LOL) (Go ahead anybody...Say its not true!!!!)

I openly deny reading anyones PM's except the ones that are sent to me directly. I am truly laughing my ass off right now at such a claim :lol: :P :lol:

7thElement
03-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Link me to that post at ES5 please.

Lamsey
03-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Mods can't read other people's PMs anyway. In fact I don't even know if the admins can, without actually looking at the database :huh:

Cheese
03-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@26 March 2004 - 16:24
Link me to that post at ES5 please.
I've sent you the link. :)

Entity101
03-26-2004, 05:32 PM
SharePro is a dumbass.

He claims that http://kazaaplus.com is a scam site. While it is an official website owned by Sharman Networks. :frusty:

RPerry
03-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Error403@26 March 2004 - 11:32
SharePro is a dumbass.

Forgive me, Just thought this part needed quoting B)

Lite
03-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by SharePro
Since Kazaa Lite officially died, and was shut down by the RIAA
Care to try again DUMBASS?! :rolleyes: :frusty:

Sharman threatened KL with the DCMA!

SharePro you idiot :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

RealitY
03-26-2004, 07:40 PM
I've had quite enough of Hacktown and this never ending bullshit, I thought it was made clear that comments regarding this shit should be left alone once and for all. Its quite clear what your doing and admin here should put you on notice and bann you if you chose to continue this childish crap, enough is enough especially considering many have been banned for far less over there, maybe admin should give this some thought...

MUSLEMAN
03-26-2004, 08:10 PM
the only reason he is saying all that bs about poor random is because of the fact that random exposed his silly ass and now he is looking to make random look bad.

one difference tho, random offered facts and was right

SharePro is lying his ass off and has not facts just cheap empty words :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

~FunK_mOb~
03-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@26 March 2004 - 18:25
Mods can't read other people's PMs anyway. In fact I don't even know if the admins can, without actually looking at the database :huh:
I don't know but I send a pm once with a link to a cracksite.
I thought it was ok to send such links trough pm's but when I got back to that message I noticed that the link was changed to http://www.[illegal link] :huh: So,how did that happen?

CornerPocket
03-26-2004, 08:23 PM
(only if you guys ask me to proove it  or if the mods of www.filesharingtalk.com deny it will I post the proof. I prefer the suspense and people telling me that I dont have such proof! LOL) (Go ahead anybody...Say its not true!!!!)
I deny it, it&#39;s not true....so now you have to post proof. <_< or else STFU and GTFO. :angry:

wow a place where it can actually be said meaningfully. :lol:

CornerPocket
03-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~+26 March 2004 - 13:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~FunK_mOb~ @ 26 March 2004 - 13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@26 March 2004 - 18:25
Mods can&#39;t read other people&#39;s PMs anyway. In fact I don&#39;t even know if the admins can, without actually looking at the database :huh:
I don&#39;t know but I send a pm once with a link to a cracksite.
I thought it was ok to send such links trough pm&#39;s but when I got back to that message I noticed that the link was changed to http://www.[illegal link] :huh: So,how did that happen? [/b][/quote]
It&#39;s called Filters.......not a new thing, happens in regular posts as well.

Illuminati
03-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@26 March 2004 - 18:25
Mods can&#39;t read other people&#39;s PMs anyway. In fact I don&#39;t even know if the admins can, without actually looking at the database :huh:
Any admin on any forum with access to the forum database can search through it that way. However, with the amount of data to sieve through to find a particular message there&#39;s no point - The only real way of using it is to find all the messages that have a certain string of text (like Find Text does on a web browser).

Now tell me - Can anyone here seriously imagine 7th spending hours on queries on the database trying out text strings? :lol:

~FunK_mOb~
03-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by CornerPocket+26 March 2004 - 21:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CornerPocket @ 26 March 2004 - 21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@26 March 2004 - 13:19
<!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@26 March 2004 - 18:25
I don&#39;t know but I send a pm once with a link to a cracksite.
I thought it was ok to send such links trough pm&#39;s but when I got back to that message I noticed that the link was changed to http://www.[illegal link] :huh: So,how did that happen?
It&#39;s called Filters.......not a new thing, happens in regular posts as well. [/b][/quote]
Ok B) just wanted to know.

Horsemen
03-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Since I belong to both Forums,I always tryed to stay out of this bullshit in the past.But I really don&#39;t care when the SharePro gets attacked.Even if i don&#39;t alway agree will everything he&#39;s done.I do know he has give alot to filesharers in general.I will always be in his corner.

jetje
03-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Horsemen@26 March 2004 - 23:03
Since I belong to both Forums,I always tryed to stay out of this bullshit in the past.But I really don&#39;t care when the SharePro gets attacked.Even if i don&#39;t alway agree will everything he&#39;s done.I do know he has give alot to filesharers in general.I will always be in his corner.
actually that is no problem, i just hope you get the best of both worlds. We don&#39;t have anything against people that use both.

Only against those start rioting and post nonsense as this topic starter ;)

:)

Rip The Jacker
03-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Hacktown@26 March 2004 - 07:55
Hi -

Do the mods and admins here read the pm messages of forum members here?
No. We don&#39;t have that ability, and even if we did, we wouldn&#39;t. We respect your privacy. :)

Entity101
03-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Horsemen@26 March 2004 - 21:03
People always use that same stupid argument to defend SharePro. It&#39;s a fallacy, an argument totally unrelated to the discussion and incorrectly used to defend an opinion.

A murderer may have done some good things too in his life, but that doesn&#39;t mean he shouldn&#39;t go to jail.

Fact is that SharePro lies time after time after time after time. Or just saying things that are totally incorrect or simply made up in his sick mind.

Cheese
03-26-2004, 09:35 PM
It&#39;s a real shame because there are some good ideas coming from the es5 camp, but their little jyhads and the whole "shadowiness" of their operation just spoils it all for me.

bulio
03-26-2004, 10:19 PM
why would the mods even bother to read your pm&#39;s -no one wants to read dumb ppl&#39;s pms lol jks :lol: B) :P

Cheese
03-26-2004, 10:57 PM
My PMs...who the hell wants to read them? (I didn&#39;t show the ones sent by mods because they are the ones accused of reading them...)

How do you post the images without them getting resized ?? Help needed .

Can I trust you?

B)

Actually Yes.

So what now? I have real personal problems.

Can I trust you?

B)

I quite like getting a bigger collection of sites though, always handy,

I am afraid i ant help with you the coffee, i hate the stuff
:lol:&nbsp; :lol:

Have you watched the latest episode of South Park (0801) it is the funniest episode I&#39;ve seen in ages. :lol:

No i havent, i was tempted to d/l it earlier. Have you seen series 3of Smallville? is that the one were he goes to teh dark side?
:ph34r:

I&#39;ve seen all of series 3 of Smallville so far, it&#39;s been quite good. In fact I have them all on disc somewhere in my pit.

Make sure you get that south park it&#39;s feckin&#39; brill.

it on its way now.

I inadvertently found
http://tvt.milfclan.com/ :D

Seems quite good

Just read your post on Zonealarm (the bugger).&nbsp; Well done :)&nbsp; &nbsp; ZA prompts BF1942 with a balloon tip, hence why I never considered Vietnam to be conflicting.&nbsp; It&#39;s awesome:):):)

Cool. I was worried I wasn&#39;t gonna get to play it. :lol:

Same here :D

:lol:

Great sig.&nbsp; Feckin&#39; slays me.&nbsp; Very cheesy&#33;&#33;

:beerchug: omc

thewizeard
03-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Well this is what SharePro is suggesting has been added

http://mods.ibplanet.com/db/?mod=2391

Lite
03-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by nigel123@26 March 2004 - 22:57
Well this is what SharePro is suggesting has been added

http://mods.ibplanet.com/db/?mod=2391
That should be banned from ibplanet :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

jetje
03-26-2004, 11:06 PM
ah neat, just hope 7th will implement this, finally know what i can do with my time :lol:

Cheese
03-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Most of my PMs are from mods... :ph34r:

Entity101
03-26-2004, 11:09 PM
SharePro is probably using that mod himself to read PMs on the ES5 board.

But why would we want to read PMs here? There is enough bullshit to read on on this forum. Some people do have some sort of a life to...

But I guess there is not much else to do in a refugee camp...

bulio
03-26-2004, 11:13 PM
But I guess there is not much else to do in a refugee camp...

but this ain&#39;t no refugee camp, it&#39;s a 5-star retirement home :D

thewizeard
03-26-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Error403@26 March 2004 - 23:09

Well I suppose the question has to be asked, "Has this mod been added here?"

Cheese
03-27-2004, 12:09 AM
Image Resized
[img]http://filesharingtalk.com/hacktown_pmtables.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://filesharingtalk.com/hacktown_pmtables.gif')

h1
03-27-2004, 12:13 AM
How in fuck&#39;s name did you get that?

bulio
03-27-2004, 12:13 AM
yeah :blink:

Entity101
03-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by nigel123+26 March 2004 - 23:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 26 March 2004 - 23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Error403@26 March 2004 - 23:09

Well I suppose the question has to be asked, "Has this mod been added here?" [/b][/quote]
Nope.

thewizeard
03-27-2004, 12:14 AM
It was posted by SharePro on his forum...

thewizeard
03-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Error403+27 March 2004 - 00:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Error403 &#064; 27 March 2004 - 00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by nigel123@26 March 2004 - 23:27
<!--QuoteBegin-Error403@26 March 2004 - 23:09

Well I suppose the question has to be asked, "Has this mod been added here?"
Nope.[/b][/quote]
Then I suppose this must be an elaborate trick to bring the Admin here into disrepute?

Image Resized
[img]http://filesharingtalk.com/hacktown_pmtables.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://filesharingtalk.com/hacktown_pmtables.gif')

These would be some tables that Hacktown uploaded him/herself onto the FST server then.

Entity101
03-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@27 March 2004 - 00:09
Image Resized
Image Resized
[img]http://filesharingtalk.com/hacktown_pmtables.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> (http://filesharingtalk.com/hacktown_pmtables.gif)
That is a result of a database query that was peformed after Hacktown had send spam PMs to lots of people. We got a couple complaints about that. It was an investigation to look how many spams he has actually send. Very normal to do. This is only done in special cases. As far as I know this was the only time that this was needed.

We don&#39;t read/monitor PMs and we never will.

Hacktown
03-27-2004, 12:27 AM
who the hell are you guys to spy on me? You all lied about not being able to read the pms and im sure you will ban me asap. but see Im gone already and left you all here to explain how and why you read my pms. If i spammed {which i didnt} then people need to send my pm&#39;s to the mods. your not supposed to have pm tables to log the pm messages of the members here. Only saddistic bastards like Hitler and Stalin had such logs. What other kind of logs do you have? The mods arent supposed to spy on my pms in real time. thats ludacrist.

I was sending some ol friends from zp a couple of messages cuz i saw them in the online user box.

Now tell everybody that I deserve to be spy&#39;d on. You are all a bunch of loser mods and control freaks. You are no better than the Riaa. Its clear that the pms were about zp and not promoting es5. but you know what? es5 was right all along. You guys suck. E-S-5 has no spyware or adware and at least they try and protect p2prs and give stuff away. you dont do nothin but talk shit here.

so long assholes

bulio
03-27-2004, 12:29 AM
woa man, calm down, anyways, proof is proof

Entity101
03-27-2004, 12:29 AM
From team chat:

Originally posted by Hacktown+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hacktown)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>What did I do?&nbsp; I havent pm&#39;d anybody today but about a week ago I pm&#39;d the wrong person about a site (thought it was a friend of mine) and he sent me a message and I sent him back a message apologizing.&nbsp; But definately not today, yesterday, or the day before cause I was out of town until this morning.[/b]

Originally posted by BOT@

I can show You a log file if You want proof....

Image Resized
Image Resized
[img]http://filesharingtalk.com/hacktown_pmtables.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> (http://filesharingtalk.com/hacktown_pmtables.gif)

Please no more OK?

Thanks,
BOT

<!--QuoteBegin-Hacktown
That was not me, but I will talk to my bro cause that was definately not me. I was in Palm Springs for the past couple of days and had no connection.

I am changing my password so that my bro wont have access.

Thanks for letting me know.
Kevin
[/quote]

NightStalker
03-27-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Hacktown@26 March 2004 - 19:27
who the hell are you guys to spy on me? You all lied about not being able to read the pms and im sure you will ban me asap. but see Im gone already and left you all here to explain how and why you read my pms. If i spammed {which i didnt} then people need to send my pm&#39;s to the mods. your not supposed to have pm tables to log the pm messages of the members here. Only saddistic bastards like Hitler and Stalin had such logs. What other kind of logs do you have? The mods arent supposed to spy on my pms in real time. thats ludacrist.

I was sending some ol friends from zp a couple of messages cuz i saw them in the online user box.

Now tell everybody that I deserve to be spy&#39;d on. You are all a bunch of loser mods and control freaks. You are no better than the Riaa. Its clear that the pms were about zp and not promoting es5. but you know what? es5 was right all along. You guys suck. E-S-5 has no spyware or adware and at least they try and protect p2prs and give stuff away. you dont do nothin but talk shit here.

so long assholes
Every Invision Power Board logs "Private Messages" to the MySQL database, not just this board. :rolleyes:

thewizeard
03-27-2004, 12:32 AM
Well, some one is not to be trusted, in the team...

Edit: just read that, I was wondering how Hacktown received it...From [B][O][T] I see...

Entity101
03-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Hacktown@27 March 2004 - 00:27

so long assholes
We don&#39;t spy on you. This was done AFTER you send those spams.

These aren&#39;t logs. These PMs are from peoples inboxes.

You send PMs to random people. We got complaints about that remember...

Also we never said we can&#39;t read PMs. We can retrieve all information that is in the database. Everyone who runs a forum can do that. That doesn&#39;t mean we actually do it, except for special cases.

What the fuck has this to do with ES5?

Who started the shit talk? In think it was you...

Cheese
03-27-2004, 12:36 AM
This will be what you sent me Hacktown

Hey Mike, (This is Mike from ZP???)

I noticed that you left ZP. What happened?

Check this forum out.&nbsp; http://[SPAM]

Its a hell of alot better than here.

Be in touch,

Southpark (from ZP)

http://[SPAM]

Image Resized
Image Resized

Whatever this board&#39;s admin have done/haven&#39;t done doesn&#39;t matter to me. You are a spammer, how many people did you send this same message to? You won&#39;t be missed.

bulio
03-27-2004, 12:41 AM
spammers are normally, loosers or little kids trying to promote their forum. 90% of ppl that join via spam links never even stay anyways

4th gen
03-27-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Hacktown@26 March 2004 - 23:27
Only saddistic bastards like Hitler and Stalin had such logs
I didn&#39;t know Hitler and Stalin were around at the time of the internet, much less the time of ipb board software :blink:

Marius24
03-27-2004, 12:44 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: You all talk about him spamming, you seen the lounge lately? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Entity101
03-27-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Marius24@27 March 2004 - 00:44
:lol: :lol: :lol: You all talk about him spamming, you seen the lounge lately? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You mean hell itself?

I don&#39;t dare going in there :lol:

bulio
03-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Error403+27 March 2004 - 00:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Error403 @ 27 March 2004 - 00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Marius24@27 March 2004 - 00:44
:lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol: You all talk about him spamming, you seen the lounge lately? :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:
You mean hell itself?

I don&#39;t dare going in there :lol: [/b][/quote]
lol :D

Cheese
03-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Error403+26 March 2004 - 23:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Error403 @ 26 March 2004 - 23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Marius24@27 March 2004 - 00:44
:lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol: You all talk about him spamming, you seen the lounge lately? :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:
You mean hell itself?

I don&#39;t dare going in there :lol: [/b][/quote]
Oi&#33; :lol:

7thElement
03-27-2004, 01:06 AM
Damn are you people nuts? I have a life outside this forum. What you people PM eachother about I could not care less about. You actually think I sift through thousands and thousands of PMs in my free time? Get real&#33;

Every forum admin has access to PM&#39;s that were sent. They can be viewed using phpmyadmin on any forum. We do not look through PMs, unless someone spams we can go in and delete all the spam. Other then this I have no need to do such a thing.

7th

kAb
03-27-2004, 01:22 AM
BTW were is kab, is he still the mole around here
did they recruit any new members

boo&#33; :ghostface:

lol i left a long time ago, and before i exploited the &#39;secret society&#39; etc. i had just told a few people through pm&#39;s, which sharepro read, and proceeded to ban me

Adster
03-27-2004, 01:25 AM
ROFLMFAO

at first I thought he meant Mods don&#39;t read our PMs Then I read again and realized wtf?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheese
03-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by 7thElement@27 March 2004 - 00:06
Damn are you people nuts? I have a life outside this forum. What you people PM eachother about I could not care less about. You actually think I sift through thousands and thousands of PMs in my free time? Get real&#33;

Every forum admin has access to PM&#39;s that were sent. They can be viewed using phpmyadmin on any forum. We do not look through PMs, unless someone spams we can go in and delete all the spam. Other then this I have no need to do such a thing.

7th
So my dirty cyber secrets are safe then? :ph34r:

DanB
03-27-2004, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (Hacktown)
What did I do?&nbsp; I havent pm&#39;d anybody today but about a week ago I pm&#39;d the wrong person about a site (thought it was a friend of mine) and he sent me a message and I sent him back a message apologizing.&nbsp; But definately not today, yesterday, or the day before cause I was out of town until this morning.

That was me the little shit :lol: :lol:

I thought this was saying that you didnt read the one&#39;s we sent to you

:blink: :blink:

bulio
03-27-2004, 02:07 AM
only jetjie reads people&#39;s pm messages :P lol, jks jks :rolleyes:

Afronaut
03-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Hacktown@27 March 2004 - 02:27
who the hell are you guys to spy on me? You all lied about not being able to read the pms and im sure you will ban me asap.&nbsp; but see Im gone already and left you all here to explain how and why you read my pms.&nbsp; If i spammed {which i didnt} then people need to send my pm&#39;s to the mods.&nbsp; your not supposed to have pm tables to log the pm messages of the members here.&nbsp; Only saddistic bastards like Hitler and Stalin had such logs.&nbsp; What other kind of logs do you have?&nbsp; The mods arent supposed to spy on my pms in real time.&nbsp; thats ludacrist.&nbsp;

I was sending some ol friends from zp a couple of messages cuz i saw them in the online user box.&nbsp;

Now tell everybody that I deserve to be spy&#39;d on.&nbsp; You are all a bunch of loser mods and control freaks.&nbsp; You are no better than the Riaa.&nbsp; Its clear that the pms were about zp and not promoting es5.&nbsp; but you know what?&nbsp; es5 was right all along.&nbsp; You guys suck.&nbsp; E-S-5 has no spyware or adware and at least they try and protect p2prs and give stuff away.&nbsp; you dont do nothin but talk shit here.

so long assholes
Apparently these es5 chaps are working out the PR,
method is, any PR is Good PR, even BS like this.

Did some Googling about es5 last night, not too many links
telling me how good es5 is.

The es5 is just too shady to be trusted on anything anymore.
Just too much BS all over the internet.

This topic is just one more reason to stay the fuck out of es5.
Wouldn&#39;t touch it with 10 feet pole.

;)

rookiecrd1
03-27-2004, 06:20 PM
My suggestion is to just ignore them. They are most likely using this tactic to try to convert some of our members.

I don&#39;t see why they are making such a big deal about admins here being able to read PMs. I would say 60-70% of all forum admins have this ability. It is important to have it in such a large forum like FST since members often spam (Like hacktown did), this way we can confirm the spam and delete them all before loads of FST members receive them.

Trust me I would never spend hours on end reading through peoples PMs just for the hell of it. I have a life outside this place and don&#39;t have any desire at all to snoop around in peoples private business. What would any admin have to gain by such actions?

Having said this, i thought that most people knew that almost every forum admin has these options at their fingertips. Its not some new hack script we loaded into the board to spy on members. Its simply a way to view and edit the database in case of an emergency.

h1
03-27-2004, 08:41 PM
:rolleyes: Would anyone trust a cult that says they have 1.3 billion users?

RealitY
03-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Wow is it in the billions now, where&#39;s NB on this one...
:lol: :lol:

Mad Cat
03-27-2004, 10:40 PM
I&#39;m really sure over a sixth of the worlds population use ES5...

:rolleyes:
:blink:

EDIT: In fact I wonder if a sixth of the world actually own a computer...

Horsemen
03-27-2004, 10:54 PM
:angry: You people are too much.You lie to are face.You have the balls to say the SharePro is lying.Who lying now.

RealitY
03-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Horsemen@27 March 2004 - 14:54
:angry: You people are too much.You lie to are face.You have the balls to say the SharePro is lying.Who lying now.
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

muchspl2
03-27-2004, 11:03 PM
why isnt he banned for trolling and overall being a dick

thewizeard
03-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Horsemen+27 March 2004 - 22:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Horsemen &#064; 27 March 2004 - 22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>:angry: You people are too much.You lie to are face.You have the balls to say the SharePro is lying.Who lying now.[/b]
Well Horsemen, as you have already said somewhere

<!--QuoteBegin-Horsemen
I will always be in his corner.[/quote]

Your views on this matter are bound to be a little one-sided.

If the Admin here had anything to hide, then they would not have sent the proof of Hacktowns spamming to him...now would they? Probably most of the boards have these capabilities and you can be sure ES5 has them also...So be careful what you say, there ,when you PM...

DWells55
03-27-2004, 11:48 PM
First, what is ES5? Second, did I interpret this right? It seems to me that the Admins have the ability to read our PMs but choose not to out of respect for our privacy. This seems fair to me.

bulio
03-27-2004, 11:54 PM
earthstation 5 has a forum, an admin of the forum had a program installed so that he could view all members pms, and he did so, then he got caught, now everyone is wondering if admins view pms on this board

Horsemen
03-28-2004, 12:43 AM
They only have the ability to read the PM&#39;s if they use the hack for it.Now tell me why do they have the hack at all. <_<

DWells55
03-28-2004, 01:07 AM
First of all it&#39;s not a hack. It&#39;s a feature in IPB. They don&#39;t use it, unless they get complaints about a user spamming messages or something like that.

I.am
03-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Can someone close this topic? Its full of bullshit&#33; And get these people some life :blink:

Horeseman, isn&#39;t it clear you are not welcome here? Or do you want couple of members more to come right at you and say <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>STFU</span>

h1
03-28-2004, 01:10 AM
You fool. That isn&#39;t from the board, it&#39;s the results of a query from phpMyAdmin or another SQL control tool.

Only 7thElement can do that as he owns the server.

[Edit] This wasn&#39;t aimed at you, I.am and DWells55... this tab was hanging in "reply limbo." :lol: