PDA

View Full Version : Blubster Clean-cant Connect

hungrylilboy
03-27-2004, 07:17 PM

sharedholder
03-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Searching
To begin with it is probably advisable that you go to "Search". In this example we have searched the Blubster network and found 33 files that matched our query. From the file name you can tell what file type the available files are saved as. All of the results on this sample page are MP3s.

Working along to the right we can also see the size of the files. File sizes can vary dramatically depending on their quality. Obviously larger files will take longer to download so, depending on your connection to the Internet, choose your downloads wisely.

You should also try, if possible, to download your chosen file from a user with a fast connection.

To do another search you may have to first click "Stop" to interrupt the current search.

Downloading
Once you have decided on which file you want to download, double click on it. This will open the "Transfers" screen. If it doesn't open the "Transfers" screen click the "Transfers" button at the top of the application.

This screen will allow you to see the progress of your downloads and uploads.
While you are downloading your file you can check it is the correct song by selecting "Play (Preview)" from the "Action" dropdown menu. This will play the track.

Don't worry if the "State" sometimes reverts to "connecting". This is normal and downloading should recommence after a few seconds.

When your song has downloaded the "State" should read "finished".

Listening
Now click on the "My Music" tab and you should see your downloaded track. You can add this track to a playlist by clicking "add" or you can play it directly from its current location by clicking the play icon. Note that you can listen the song as it is received, before it appears in "My Music".

If the track will not play check that you have selected the correct format (MP3 or OGG).

Once you have checked that the song has downloaded successfully you can delete the information under the "Transfers" tag. This can be done by clicking on the top "Action" button and selecting "Clear Finished/Cancelled".

Playlists
Playlists allow you to organise your music more easily.

You can add and remove tracks from a playlist, save and create new lists, and open existing playlists by using the "Action" button on the lower right of your "My Music" screen.

Sharing your tracks
Blubster is all about sharing so don't hog all your songs to yourself. To make your tracks available to other users go to "My Music" and click on "Share", then choose the folder in which you keep your music. You can "Unshare" at anytime by clicking on the "Unshare" button.

When you open Blubster an the bottom centre of the application the text should quickly change from ?Connecting?? to ?Connected to the Blubster?. . If this does not happen you have not successfully configured Blubster.

This can be remedied in many cases by doing one or both of these two actions:

1.- Turn off any firewall software that you currently have running. In the case of XP users this could be running without your knowledge. To stop this, follow these instructions:
? Right click on the network connections settings icon in the bottom right of your screen and left click on ?Open Network Connections?
? Right click on your current network connection icon and left click on ?Properties?.
? Left click on the tab marked ?Advanced?
? Uncheck the ?Internet Firewall Protection? box and click ?OK?
? You will now need to shut down Blubster and restart. You will also need to close your current Internet connection and re-connect for these changes to be applied.

2.- You may find that this does not solve the problem. If this is so then you may need to change your port configuration in your router settings.
? Protocol: UDP.
? Port: 41170
Action: Allow inbound traffic, redirect to your computer.

How to make Blubster work with Norton Personal Firewall 2002.
Double click the Norton Icon in the bottom right of your screen.
Navigate to the Personal Firewall Section and click on "Internet Access Control"
You will now see a list of programs that are permitted to access the web
Click on "Add"
Locate Blubster.exe (the default location is C:\Program Files\Blubster)
Select it and click "open"
In the pop-up window asking you what you want to do with this application click "Permit this application access to the Internet" and then click "OK"
If another pop-up window is displayed bearing the message "Choose Application Category", select "General" and click "OK"

How to make Blubster work with DI-604 D-Link Router
Open your Browser and go to http://192.168.0.1
Login as administrator
On the Advanced tab page you need to change some settings.
Name: Blubster
Private IP: Your IP address
Protocol type: UDP
Private Port: 41170
Public Port: 41170
Schedule: Always
Click "Apply"
In Blubster go to "Config" and make sure that the Firewall Port settings are set to "1" and "1"

How to turn off XP Firewall to enable Blubster connection.
Right click on the network connections settings icon in the bottom right of your screen and left click on ?Open Network Connections?
Right click on your current network connection icon and left click on ?Properties?.
Left click on the tab marked ?Advanced?
Uncheck the ?Internet Firewall Protection? box and click ?OK?
You will now need to shut down Blubster and restart. You will also need to close your current Internet connection and re-connect for these changes to be applied.

Connect to Blubster using Linux.
iptables-based firewall/router
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -p udp --dport 41170:41350 -j ACCEPT iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 41170:41350 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -t nat -p udp --dport 41170:41350 -j DNAT --to 190.666.6.6 iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -t nat -p tcp --dport 41170:41350 -j DNAT --to 190.666.6.6
Change 190.666.6.6 to the address of your machine that is running Blubster. And change eth0 to the interface connected directly with the Internet. The first two lines are only necessary only if your default FORWARD policy is something other than ACCEPT.

How to fix "unable to register DLL/OCX: LoadLibrary"
You may receive this following error message when trying to install Blubster: "Unable to register DLL/OCX: LoadLibrary failed; code 31. A device attached to the system is not functioning"
You may be able to fix this by updating your browser to the latest version.

How to connect to Blubster through a router.
Go to the site of your router maker. You are usually confronted with a login screen. Type in the default password given by the maker.
Go to your download or port settings. Select UPD as your transport protocol, if this is not available choose something that isnŐt TCP/IP, and type in a port you want to open (for example 41102). Go to the Blubster "Config" page and retype that port number.

How to configure ZoneAlarm to connect to Blubster.
ZoneAlarm Free Edition
Go to Firewall > Internet Zone Security and change the setting down to "medium"
ZoneAlarm Pro Edition
Go to Firewall > Internet Zone Security and click Custom. Now scroll down to "Allow Incoming UDP ports". Select and check this and enter 41170-41350 in the appropriate field. Select and check "Allow Outgoing UDP ports" and type 1-41350 in the field below. Click apply and OK.

Next time when you have problems , please go to my forum , i have a Blubster Community you can get more help. :)

TRshady
03-27-2004, 09:05 PM
please go to my forum

Or just wait for someone to post a helpful reply .............

Clean blubster does not work for many people, simply 'clean' the original blubster. Has been told how by shared on this forum many times, but in brief:

1: install blubster from its official site
2: go to add/remove programs and remove 'my search bar'
3: run ad-aware and remove the crap
4: restart and run as-aware again ...

You'll be fine :)