PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Files

paully t
03-27-2004, 11:09 PM
i cant seem to share music.. i have followed all the on screen instructions but no sharing this end. wat do i do?

Cyril
03-27-2004, 11:51 PM
You could provide more info, but have you made sure you are sharing the folders with your music in, go to My Kazaa and select folders to share.

h1
03-28-2004, 01:38 AM
How do you know you're not sharing?

MUSLEMAN
03-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by haxor41789@27 March 2004 - 21:38
How do you know you're not sharing?
ya how do you know you are not sharing??

oldjagman
03-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Go to "My Kazaa Lite ++" in the "View" menu and check what it says under "Audio".

If you have a number there then you have music files to share but nobody may want them.

In my case I have 332 music files to share but 99% of my uploads are for the 61 movie files I have. Obviously my taste in movies is a lot more popular than my taste in music.

If there is no number under audio go to "options", select "find media to share" and tick the folder(s) where you music files are stored.

h1
03-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by oldjagman@28 March 2004 - 11:06
Go to "My Kazaa Lite ++" in the "View" menu and check what it says under "Audio".

If you have a number there then you have music files to share but nobody may want them.
Just because they're there doesn't mean they're being shared. ;)

oldjagman
03-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Just because they're there doesn't mean they're being shared

Too enigmatic for me, Haxor!

I'm a simple organism and I like simple, straightforward answers. So, when I'm invited to select a folder to share wth others I assume that is exactly what happens. When I do this the number of shared files goes up and when I de-select it goes down.

If you know otherwise then perhaps you will share this knowledge and thereby increase the total sum of human understanding.

Switeck
03-29-2004, 06:00 AM
Just because you're offering files so other people CAN download them (you upload them), doesn't mean people can FIND you to download from you...

Or they may be able to find you but cannot download from you because other people are taking their sweet time downloading movies from you.

Or few people simply may not be interested in the files you're sharing.

...or all the above. :P

oldjagman
04-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Back from a short trip to Rome to find we are now dealing in blinding glimpses of the obvious - or is it all either a desperate attempt to increase our post count or an exercise in having the last word!

Either way, it doesn't really help Paully T, now does it?

h1
04-01-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by oldjagman@28 March 2004 - 17:17

Just because they're there doesn't mean they're being shared

Too enigmatic for me, Haxor!

I'm a simple organism and I like simple, straightforward answers. So, when I'm invited to select a folder to share wth others I assume that is exactly what happens. When I do this the number of shared files goes up and when I de-select it goes down.

If you know otherwise then perhaps you will share this knowledge and thereby increase the total sum of human understanding.
:lol: Obviously it's working in your case, but what I meant that just because files are in your shared folder doesn't mean they're being shared. You could have unshared them or disabled sharing. ;)

But now that I re-read your post I see that I made no sense. :frusty: :lol:

oldjagman
04-01-2004, 09:20 AM
No problemo, Haxor!