PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Not Responding

Chich
03-28-2004, 09:57 AM
hey, when i try to run kazaa, for some reason the frame loads up, and the the whole problem just freezes. why? how do i fix this??

thanks

Rip The Jacker
03-28-2004, 10:38 AM
It would help to post your systems specs, and other information that might be useful.

MUSLEMAN
03-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Chich@28 March 2004 - 05:57
hey, when i try to run kazaa, for some reason the frame loads up, and the the whole problem just freezes. why? how do i fix this??

thanks
reboot make sure filer is letting klite out. if its still happening then

empty your shared folder to a temp folder. start klite and tell me if this is still happening :lol:

h1
03-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Move your DB folder (C:\Documents and Settiongs\[your username]\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db) somewhere else and try again.

MUSLEMAN
03-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by haxor41789@28 March 2004 - 15:03
Move your DB folder (C:\Documents and Settiongs\[your username]\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db) somewhere else and try again.
lol haxor check for a corrupt file first then if thats not it move to the dbfolder, most of the time its the corrupt file its like 60%corrupt file 40%db folder :lol: :lol:

h1
03-29-2004, 05:27 AM
:lol: I like those odds very much. ;)

MUSLEMAN
03-29-2004, 06:02 PM
roflmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

gutiboy
04-03-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm having the same issue as Chich. The program was working just fine not a week ago, but then all of a sudden everytime I try to start it the frame of the program loads up but then stops. Like i can still see the desktop where the webpage would be in klite. I dont know what it is! I've tried reinstalling tons of times, with different versions, and even tried klite ressurection and it still freezes. I've run spybot, and ad-aware, but to no avail. I've tried moving the db folder, and emptying out the shared folder, but it still freezes. I just dont understand why all of a sudden it doesnt work when it did a couple of days ago? I recently installed new logitech wireless keyboard and mouse drivers, but i uninstalled those thinking that was it, but nothing. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! :helpsmile:

My specs are:
p4 2.4 @ 2.7
512MB pc2100 ddr ram
120gig hd
abit bd7-II mobo
nvidia gforce 4 ti 4200
windows xp pro with sp 1

MUSLEMAN
04-03-2004, 09:37 AM
where did you find your db folder?? and what did you do with it??

gutiboy
04-03-2004, 09:48 AM
I found it in the c:\documentsandsettings\*username*\application data\kazaa lite\db

I did that for all users, made sure there were no folders left behind in program files either.

I just took them out for one try but that still didnt work, even after deleting all that i could find (i did a folder search on my comp) and restarting then reinstalling kazaa lite 2.4.3 it still freezes when it loads and doesnt respond.

MUSLEMAN
04-03-2004, 10:57 AM
just to be clear did you delete the db folder itself??

gutiboy
04-03-2004, 12:06 PM
yup

I'm going insane here
:frusty:

MUSLEMAN
04-03-2004, 03:12 PM
ok what is your version of klite and what kinda firewall do you have??

gutiboy
04-05-2004, 05:19 AM
I am using 2.4.3 and am using a dlink DI-604 router with ver. 2.20 firmware

Chich
04-12-2004, 04:02 AM
man this is really really annoying. ok for some reason k lite STILL doesnt want to work. i've deleted the db folder, and there doesnt look like theres a clash with my firewall. when i load it up it still freezes, yet when i run clean kmd it works fine. it even has the settings im using when i installed k lite. what wrong?? how do i fix this??

thanks

4th gen
04-12-2004, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Chich@12 April 2004 - 03:02
man this is really really annoying. ok for some reason k lite STILL doesnt want to work. i've deleted the db folder, and there doesnt look like theres a clash with my firewall. when i load it up it still freezes, yet when i run clean kmd it works fine. it even has the settings im using when i installed k lite. what wrong?? how do i fix this??

thanks
Use clean KMD? :rolleyes:

h1
04-12-2004, 04:49 AM
Don't delete Clean KMD. Install K++ over it.

Chich
04-12-2004, 05:18 AM
clean kmd is crap, k lite is way better. ok i installed k++ over clean kmd, but same crap. still freezes.

zaccc
04-20-2004, 10:17 PM
i too have this problem, it started about last week, it is really annoying me, i love k++ and would hate to switch to a new program. does anyone know of a way to solve this?

MUSLEMAN
04-21-2004, 01:36 PM
try klt k++ and tell if this is still happening :lol:

zaccc
04-21-2004, 10:54 PM
its still happening i did what you said (and everything else you all have suggested) and it still does it.

grimykat
04-21-2004, 11:56 PM
:angry: I've got same problem guys, kazaa lite 2.1.0b3 works but anthing above that ie 2.4.0+ doesnt at the moment im using klite26rb with no hastle, but i prefer using 2.4.3. ive tried deleting reg keys, clean installing, deleting the db folder but still nothing, for me the problem started after installing netpumper. I would be much grateful for any solutions

if anyone needs 2.6rb let me know I cant remember where i dl'ed but i can email it if need be

James

MUSLEMAN
04-22-2004, 09:00 AM
@grimykat if you deleted the reg keys your self, deleted any kazaa folder under program folder, deleted the db folder, deleted the shared folder (all of these after uninstall) then there should be nothing left on your pc about klite.

sounds like something else on your pc is having a conflict with klt k++.

you might want to remove all traces of netpumper or any thing else.

are you ok with registry?? maybe we can make sure that all the key are gone or are right

@ zaccc

after uninstall did you delete db folder?? save all files and then delete shared folder?? go to program files and then delete any kazaa folder?? make sure all the reg keys have been deleted??

if you need help with one of the problems above let me know

OH AND BOTH OF YOU PLEASE RUN ADAWARE OR BETTER YET SPY SWEEPER ALSO

grimykat
04-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Muscleman, Thanks for the reply, I should of stated in my last post that I've already ran Ad-aware, and deleted all reg keys refering to netpumper that little Bastard.
What I would like to know is what the diference is between kazaa lite 2.1.0b3 and 2.4.0+, it might help me in getting it working again, and does it use any VB runtimes or specific DLLs that might of been corrupted by netpumper
again any help would be appreciated

James

zaccc
04-23-2004, 11:10 PM
well i tried everything you said (i had already run spybotS&D). i tried to install it again, and the weirdest thing happened when i opened it, first it froze like it has been, i restarted it, and it worked, unfortunatly i accidently closed it, after that i couldnt get it open again

jamess1561
04-24-2004, 01:40 AM
Hi
Same problem for me - k lite was working fine until a few days ago, but now I start it, just the frame of k lite loads and it freezes (not responding). I've tried unistalling and reinstalling (with different versions) and ad-aware but to no avail. I haven't tried deleting registry stuff or db folder yet though, so I'll have a go at that but I don't really know what I'm doing - any help would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me nuts!

thanks,

MUSLEMAN
04-24-2004, 02:08 AM
@grimykat the biggest one i belive is 2.1.0 has the db folder under the program folder but the 2.4.x has the db folder under document and settings folder and it varies depending on your os. thats why i'm not so sure you have deleted your db folder, can you tell me where you found yours??

@zaccc, and jamess1561, one of you might have a problem with there firewall it sounds like can you both also tell me where you found your db folder??

grimykat
04-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Muscleman my folders location is, C:\Documents and Settings\***\Application Data\Kazaa Lite\db, Ive tried deleting but nothing, this is so fustrating! :angry:

James

mothball
04-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Hmm, the same thing happened to me a few weeks back and i uninstalled everything and then installed K-Lite 2.6 instead. But u have to install the original as well.

You could install K-Lite first but then you'd have to make sure that the original KMD is on the desktop for K-Lite to detect it and then it installs KMD for u automatically which i thought was pretty cool. Then u don't have any of the crap u get with the original KMD like ads and stuff.

Hey, do u guys think that Sharman are cracking down somehow on people who are using unofficial Kazaa stuff? It certainly looks like it, with a lot of people, even me, having problems with K-Lite and other unofficial products. And all at the same time, everyone here's mentioning the same time range when they had problems (a few weeks back)...Just a thought :huh:

MUSLEMAN
04-24-2004, 03:39 PM
no its not sharman, seems like a windows update is doing it. lot of people i see had done a windows update then after a short while they can't connect somebody said they moved one of their updates and was able to connect again, check for update or if you have xp do an os repair. you can first bootup in safe mode by pressing F8 during bootup then choose to bootup in safe mode then when on your destop run only klite and see if it runs, if it does you got something interfering with klite

grimykat
05-01-2004, 05:53 AM
I tried running XP in Safe mode, Still no kazaa lite, I really dont want to fresh install.
Does anyone know a Bluddy soloution (sorry for the outburst)!
Does anybody know the diference between klite 2.1.0 and 2.4.0+
please man im suffering withdrawal, cold turkey aint nice :blink:

MUSLEMAN
05-01-2004, 07:50 AM
ya the difference is the db folder as far as install goes.

one has it in the program folder while the other has it under documents and settings.

as far as the program itself goes you are missing all kinds of stuff with 2.1.0.

try running the compatablity wizard on it. as i said i belive its caused by windows updates

[B][O][T]
05-01-2004, 08:03 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=89052

BOT

MUSLEMAN
05-01-2004, 08:06 AM
accually that post is not upto date

[B][O][T]
05-01-2004, 08:11 AM
True but it's still worth reading :)

BOT

Mario2fast
05-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Hey I have had the same prob for about 3-4 weeks now. My husband installed Webroot Spy Sweeper about the time the prob began and I wonder if anyone is running this software. Could this be a program that would interfere with klr?? I have tried all other suggestions in this thread and nothing seems to help. Thanks for any ideas, Mario :helpsmile:

MUSLEMAN
05-03-2004, 07:34 PM
i have this version with spy sweeper and no problems (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=109695)

Mario2fast
05-04-2004, 04:49 AM
Hi again, I have tried everything. In safe mode klite 243 came up so something is interfering with it. I uninstalled the windows updates and still nothing. If something is interfering with it how would I go about finding which program is causing the conflict? Thanks again, Mario

MUSLEMAN
05-04-2004, 05:11 AM
not sure i would start with your firewall and anti virus.

you can try going to start>msconfig>here under sevices chech the box " hide all ms sevices" then hit apply, then go to startup tab and uncheck halp of the stuff you have there, hit apply then restart and then run klite and see if it starts. if it starts then your problem is with the other half, so go back to msconfig and do the same except this time work on the other half and check half of that half and restart and so on and so forth till you narrow it to the one that does it

DodgeD
05-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Right. From what I can gather, all of us are having the very same problem that started around about the same time. This is probably a very long shot, but kazaa lite++ connects to supernodes to find files right? Well, what if the supernodes that we try to connect to are rejecting these newer versions of kazaa?

((Just to clear it up, I'm having the exact same problem, have done all that is suggested and STILL can't get it to work.))

qaz1313
05-04-2004, 11:57 PM
I've been having the exact same problem as everyone else here (window frame loads, but desktop still shows through, freezes just like that). It's definitly being caused by one of the windows services. I got kazaa working fine after I closed SVCHOST.EXE in task manager (there were several in there, I got lucky and closed one that didn't restart the computer... it was the svchost using the most memory if that helps). Now I just have to go through and see which services were running under that svchost and try disabling them one by one. If I figure anything out I'll post an update.

MUSLEMAN
05-04-2004, 11:57 PM
not so if you read around you will find that most peoples problem has been the windows updated from couple of weeks ago.

give me the supenode you can't connect too

also if your kazaa is freezing up that has nothing to do with the nodes

DodgeD
05-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Like I said, only a suggestion. I'm not too familiar on the filesharing system. But Thanks Gaz, I'll look into it, and I hope you find what you're after. You may be the saviour of us all.

Btw. I never said I couldn't connect to a node. I suggested it could be the source of the problem.

qaz1313
05-05-2004, 12:18 AM
well gee, it appears that XP home edition wasn't distributed with the program I need to see the active services under that specific svchost.exe

all I can tell is that 46 different services could potentially be causing this problem and for all I know it could be different on every computer

is everybody who is getting the problem running XP or 2000? if that is the case it makes the windows services a much more likely culprit. EDIT: since this started recently for everyone, it would be nice to know if all the people getting this problem update windows on a regular basis too

if you're getting this problem and are running XP pro could you let me know, I need a tool that only pro users have :angry:

EDIT: actually let me know if you're running XP pro even if you aren't getting the problem, I just need a file from any pro user

DodgeD
05-05-2004, 12:36 AM
Well, I tried closing down svchost working as part of network manager. That did nothing. Then I closed down one using memory and completely changed the apperance of my task bar. I'm using pro, so if you e-mail me, you can have the file.

[email protected]

Anyone else e-mails me apart from gaz and I will NOT be happy...

qaz1313
05-05-2004, 03:39 AM
Well, I have good news and bad news....

Good news: I found the problem with kazaa on my system

Bad news: It should work by default in XP pro unless you changed something, and if you did your pretty windows themes have to go

I need a few other people to try this to see if it works for them.

1. Open control panel, make sure you're using classic view and not catagory view

2. Open administrative tools, open services

3. Scroll down to the 'Themes' service and right click on it, go to properites

4. Select 'disabled' in the Startup Type drop down box, click ok

5. Restart your computer

Hopefully that works

MUSLEMAN
05-05-2004, 04:40 AM
so this took care of your problem with klite and xp pro??

qaz1313
05-05-2004, 05:28 AM
I use XP home, where themes are turned on by default. In XP pro, themes are only turned on if you turn them on yourself.

As soon as I disabled the themes service kazaa started working just fine.

MUSLEMAN
05-05-2004, 05:43 AM
hmmm i see, well i have xp home and i'm very updated and mine is on auto and it still connects.

i do however use klt k++ the registry names are a little bit different, i wonder if that has something to do with it

thx for the info tho

qaz1313
05-05-2004, 06:31 AM
It might have to do with one specific feature of windows themes. Maybe some display feature I'm using is exposing a bug in the windows or kazaa interface. I would re-enable themes and play around with the settings but I don't have time right now, and I don't really care if themes are enabled or disabled anyway.

I also tested klt as well as klr and several others, not a single one worked until I disabled themes. Whatever was causing this, it seems to be universal no matter what version of klite you're using. I'll have to check on a few other computers and see if I can duplicate the problem sometime too.

MUSLEMAN
05-05-2004, 07:21 AM
very interesting findings here keep us upto date

Mario2fast
05-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by qaz1313@5 May 2004 - 03:47
Well, I have good news and bad news....

Good news: I found the problem with kazaa on my system

Bad news: It should work by default in XP pro unless you changed something, and if you did your pretty windows themes have to go

I need a few other people to try this to see if it works for them.

1.  Open control panel, make sure you're using classic view and not catagory view

2.  Open administrative tools, open services

3.  Scroll down to the 'Themes' service and right click on it, go to properites

4.  Select 'disabled' in the Startup Type drop down box, click ok

5.  Restart your computer

Hopefully that works
:clap: You are awesome!!!!! I am running XP Home and now I am able to connect again. Thank You Thank You It worked like a charm and nothing seems to be negatively affected. So it does work for windows XP Home too. Mario

MUSLEMAN
05-05-2004, 08:36 PM
fantastic, looks like it is doing it to some people :lol: :lol:

Mario2fast
05-05-2004, 08:42 PM
:helpsmile: I spoke to soon! It works but after you close Kazaa it freezes up again until you go in and disable that again and restart. :helpsmile: So basically each time you close Kazaa you have to repeat the whole process. Mario

qaz1313
05-05-2004, 09:47 PM
strange, it should stay off

are you sure you selected disbled as the startup type?

if disabled isn't working try selecting 'manual' as the startup type

MUSLEMAN
05-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by qaz1313@5 May 2004 - 17:55
strange, it should stay off

are you sure you selected disbled as the startup type?

if disabled isn't working try selecting 'manual' as the startup type
ya that is what i was wondering :lol:

Mario2fast
05-06-2004, 08:31 AM
Okay Tried the Manual Option and it still freezes up. If I run Kazaa the first time it works then if I exit and completely close the program and try to reopen it it is frozen again. I then have to go back into services folder and click okay( It is still showing disabled) and then restart the puter. Then Kazaa will run again.

Here are my specs I am running
KLR 2.4.3 on Windows XP HOME
AMD 3000+
Nividia Geforce 4
160 gigs
512 MB DDR SDRRAM

MUSLEMAN
05-06-2004, 07:21 PM
HMM i have xp home

kazaa lite tools k++ 2.5.0 build 5

p4 2.0

ati 9200

1 gig ram

over 200gig hard drive (i dont' think this plays a part at all)

i wonder if its the graphic card, maybe something with the windows update and graphic card.

do the rest of the people that have this problem have nvidia??

also did you run the compatibility wizard on klite yet??

Mario2fast
05-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@6 May 2004 - 19:29
HMM i have xp home

kazaa lite tools k++ 2.5.0 build 5

p4 2.0

ati 9200

1 gig ram

over 200gig hard drive (i dont' think this plays a part at all)

i wonder if its the graphic card, maybe something with the windows update and graphic card.

do the rest of the people that have this problem have nvidia??

also did you run the compatibility wizard on klite yet??
I did not know there was one. Do you mean in Properties to set it to compatability with Win ME OR Win 95/98! That I did try and it was no help. If there is something other that I have missed please let me know asap and I will try it. THANKS :)

MUSLEMAN
05-07-2004, 09:01 PM
in your task panel see if you have this file running ctfmon.exe if so disable it

Mario2fast
05-07-2004, 11:49 PM
No there is no cftmon.exe running. I appreciate all the help and suggestions.

DodgeD
05-09-2004, 04:55 AM
I don't have a nivia card and I still can't connect and I don't have a ctfmon.exe but I have seen it running before and that never interefered... This is some funky stuff...