PDA

View Full Version : Cool Links

Marius24
03-28-2004, 04:51 PM
This isn't a place to advertise is it? Rules say no spam... so why have

[ COOL LINKS | RandomImage.us | TotalPosters.com | THETrolls.com ]

SeK612
03-28-2004, 04:55 PM
Yea the admin shouldn't be allow to spam his sites across the top of the forum. He can post them in his sig like the rest of us. Alternatively create an additional page with the sites on and allow the rest of us to add our sites to that page.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-28-2004, 04:57 PM
;) Well he did take down the PayPal button.Not asking for Money anymore.So kinda works out.

bulio
03-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by SeK612@28 March 2004 - 16:55
Yea the admin shouldn't be allow to spam his sites across the top of the forum. He can post them in his sig like the rest of us. Alternatively create an additional page with the sites on and allow the rest of us to add our sites to that page.
I agree, <_<

rookiecrd1
03-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Listen, If you really hate the links I can remove them, but remember this....

I removed the paypal donate buttom at members requests.
I Simply posted a few cool sites in very small text at the top of the page. I don&#39;t understand what is wrong with this. The forum is completely free for you guys to use to your liking. The text links take up no space, and do not distract from the site. I am now paying quite a large server fee and just thought I&#39;d put a few links up. What is so wrong with this?

I don&#39;t feel that I am any better then any of the members here and don&#39;t think I deserve any priviledges, but please undstand that unlike the rest of you I am left with a fairly large server bill and a lot more responsibility.

Brian :-)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-28-2004, 05:02 PM
;) Is it our Forum?No it is not.Do we pay for it?No we do not.

But I will say this.I think it would be better suited listing them on the front Page at http://filesharingtalk.com/.

bulio
03-28-2004, 05:03 PM
ah, might as well move this topic to tha lounge, seeing as it is pointless :blink:

Gripper
03-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey its your site,we play by your rules if peeps don&#39;t like it they don&#39;t have to click on em :D

kAb
03-28-2004, 05:05 PM
Yeah, Funky&#39;s suggestion is good, but you think anybody looks at that failure of a page? :rolleyes:

I personally disapprove the links and would much rather have a paypal button there.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-28-2004, 05:05 PM
;) You know we keep asking how much the Forum cost per Month.7th never told us.We are willing to help.But nobody tells us.Only what this Forum cost.....nothing else.

Afronaut
03-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Well, big deal. Another conspiracy perhaps.

Admin has what, 3 new links to other his sites...

OMG, it soo annoying, im afraid i cant live with that.

First: They take soooo much space i hardly cannot browse anymore.

Second: they are not Cool Links as I just Have To use them everytime I visit this board.

Third: Its for free? Whats with that? I bet there&#39;s some sorta "hook" on them somehow... (gotta be conspiracy)

Third: [/sarcasm]

No pun intented, but this is areally Cool thread.

C&#39;mon ppl, why not give it a rest?

:lol:

rookiecrd1
03-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Just so you know I consider it all of our site. If this is really a problem I will remove them however I feel that they are not really downgrading the site whatsoever. I removed the paypal link which took up much more lateral room and looked worse the the 3 small links.

Brian :-)

bulio
03-28-2004, 05:09 PM
the truth (by from teh conspiracy maker site) :lol:

What They Don&#39;t Want You to Know
In order to understand admin on filsharing talk you need to realize that everything is controlled by a Kl board made up of admins and mods with help from mods.

The conspiracy first started during now in fst. They have been responsible for many events throughout history, including Sweeky first finding the lounge.

Today, members of the conspiracy are everywhere. They can be identified by farting.

They want to killing the paypal button sharedholder and imprison resisters in talk club using click.

In order to prepare for this, we all must truth. Since the media is controlled by members we should get our information from error403

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-28-2004, 05:15 PM
:D This calls for a Poll. :D

100%
03-28-2004, 05:23 PM
For those of you who wanted SportsWorld
thetrolls.com -is sports :lol:

Marius24
03-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Guitar&#045;Slinger@28 March 2004 - 17:06
C&#39;mon ppl, why not give it a rest?
It&#39;s too funny to give it a rest :clown:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@28 March 2004 - 12:23
For those of you who wanted SportsWorld
thetrolls.com -is sports :lol:
:D Ohhh right.Give us SportsWorld Brian.We can see you like it.We do not want to use yours.Sorry.But we want our own. :D

:P :lol: :P

We will let you keep your Links once you do a few things we ask.

:P :lol: :P

Benno
03-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Brian could you make the links open in a new window?

Its just more convenient when they open in a new window and dont close the forum

Edit: just looked at totalposters.com I think everybody should get a rebate for them
http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?aid=314363&item=333735 :w00t:

rookiecrd1
03-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I made them open in a new window like you asked.

As for a sports world, I do love sports however I&#39;m not too sure how Sports fits in with filesharing discussion.

Brian

Benno
03-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Thanks

and what about the rebate :P

J'Pol
03-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Leave the links there, they effect nothing and I quite like the RandomImage site. It is now a favourite as well.

Opening in a new window is also much better.

FFS I&#39;ve been saying it for ages, the site is more reliable when run professionally, why do people have a problem with this. Not everything has to be amateur.

Spicker
03-29-2004, 02:51 AM
i dont mind the links...but just wondoering....can u add this as well....

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=95354

we need more members on the FAH team&#33; :D

wienerschnitzel
03-29-2004, 06:29 AM
I don&#39;t mind having the links at the top of the page, its just that dont like COOL LINKS standing out so much.

First of all I don&#39;t link the word "cool." It can be somewhat misleading. I know if i was new the first thing I would notice was the cool links. I might click on it and think "WTF is this?" and then leave thinking about how dumb this place is. The word sponsored would be better.

Secondly the color black stands out too much, especially when it is bolded and all the letters are in caps. Could you swich it to the same color as all the other links, get rid of all the caps and make it not bolded? IMO, just doing one or two of the three things i just suggested would make this board look more professional with the theme 7th tried so hard to make.

sorry to sound so picky, its just that i been a member of this board for a long time and dont want to see this place disappear. I know this has been causing some commotion so i thought that my changes would make it more acceptable for more people while still being able to keep the links up.

RealitY
03-29-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Marius24@28 March 2004 - 08:51
This isn&#39;t a place to advertise is it?&nbsp; Rules say no spam... so why have

[ COOL LINKS | RandomImage.us | TotalPosters.com | THETrolls.com ]
Hay cool, now its my turn...

STFU.

Anyway the links are fine since after all your paying the cash around here so you should be more than allowed to do so, although "COOL LINKS" sounds just a bit childish and I think "Sponsered Links" is a much better idea, you make the call.

Also I think if you choose the Pay Pal logo could stay as well, after all if you can get some cash flow going around here the more likely your stay a bit longer and have things running smoother. I might think to wonder there were reasons along these lines that may have lead to 7th moving aside. I just thought the Pay Pal logo could have been placed better as shown HERE (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=106317).

thewizeard
03-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by jaigandhi5@29 March 2004 - 02:51
i dont mind the links...but just wondoering....can u add this as well....

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=95354

we need more members on the FAH team&#33; :D
Well 7thE asked Livy ( I think) to create a page and he was the going to put the link on the main page.

Well Livy has made one and this is the link...

http://www.livy.myby.co.uk/folding/

tralalala
03-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by rookiecrd1@28 March 2004 - 20:00
I made them open in a new window like you asked.

As for a sports world, I do love sports however I&#39;m not too sure how Sports fits in with filesharing discussion.

Brian
ahem...

i still havent managed to download (or shre) a PC, CD burner or a mouse/keyboard yet...

GIVE US SPORTSWORLD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Rafi

RGX
03-29-2004, 01:36 PM
I dont mind the links but can we remove the bold font and have the colour the same as the rest of the writing? Looks a bit amateurish to me and doesnt fit with the rest of the site.

rookiecrd1
03-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey hanks for the suggestions. I will change them a bit.

Just a few words...

I don&#39;t want to call them sponsored linlks because they are my sites, and they don&#39;t really make me any money (except if people buy posters from total posters, which I doubt).
Maybe "Our Other sites"

RealitY
03-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by rookiecrd1@29 March 2004 - 06:37
Hey hanks for the suggestions. I will change them a bit.

Just a few words...

I don&#39;t want to call them sponsored linlks because they are my sites, and they don&#39;t really make me any money (except if people buy posters from total posters, which I doubt).
Maybe "Our Other sites"
Kewl, gee I sure like the new Commander...

Benno
03-30-2004, 12:57 PM
Maybe call them "Admins other site"

I dont really like Our other sites as it gives the impression that the sites belong together which isnt really the case :)

RealitY
03-31-2004, 07:48 PM
Done...
:D :D

Benno
03-31-2004, 08:00 PM
nice :)

and we have the old bride.ru banner back :wub:

djweiser
03-31-2004, 09:16 PM
its been changed to [ Other Sites | RandomImage.us | TotalPosters.com | THETrolls.com ]

which i suppose is better than Cool Sites.