PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Music On P2p Networks

Mustang_Boss
03-28-2004, 09:21 PM
I have been reading that some P2P networks are charging a small fee to download music....But some do say it is still illegal to do so. Then the other music downloading programs Napster charge a fee for every song you download. If the artists will see that if they would drop the price maybe more people would buy the CD's. I my self would be more than willingly to pay a small fee to download music of the net.

todzuallen
03-29-2004, 11:02 AM
I'd consider paying a dollar a song if I could get the selection I can get on Fastrack, so if every cd that was ever released is put on iTunes well Apple you got youself a deal.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-29-2004, 11:13 AM
:D I Pay $5 a Month for all the Music I can handle. :D

supernico
03-29-2004, 07:33 PM
i pay nothing and i never will...
those bastards make to much money and at the same time people are starving

Colly
03-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by supernico@29 March 2004 - 19:33
i pay nothing and i never will...
those bastards make to much money and at the same time people are starving
ditto that - I pay $0 per month for all the music I can handle - and then some. If you have more downloads than you can conveniently verify, try using the free software MP3checker from http://www.mp3checker.com to scan and separate the fakes from the good mp3's. Fast, free, and effective!

supernico
03-30-2004, 03:42 PM
:D :D no need for mp3checkers at blubster because i can find everything i want there at amazing speeds with no fakes at all :D :D

freak
03-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by supernico@30 March 2004 - 16:42
:D :D no need for mp3checkers at blubster because i can find everything i want there at amazing speeds with no fakes at all :D :D
I hate when people say there are no fake there are always fakes...... there may be less but there there...

Xero Grid
03-31-2004, 03:24 AM
A study on file sharing (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1804&ncid=738&e=6&u=/washpost/20040330/tc_washpost/a34300_2004mar29)
They are all liars. This is one of several studies that proves the music giants wrong. File sharing does no ham to sales.

Paying for data? That's a joke, right? Even if there are laws passed to "prevent illegal file sharing," it won't do anything. There will always be a way. We saw this with the fall of Napster.

I'm not saying people should stop buying albums. But people shouldn't pay for digital media, downloadable through P2P. To even regulate it, they would have to be monitoring you, as well. Another idea I'm not too fond of.

A lot of people I know, like to buy albums in whatever media they choose, but download to check it out. Also, you can get music that you could never get in whatever country you're in. For example, I'm in the U.S. and I never realized how excellent foreign music is.... because I never had a chance to. Making P2P is useless and is a joke....

My two cents, and the end of my rant....

-- Xero Grid --

supernico
03-31-2004, 10:10 AM
I do not agree. I definitely think that filesharing harms sales. AND THAT IS A GOOD THING. Because those bastards are much too rich.

For example, I do not have even one friend that buys music in a store...why buy it when you can download everything you want for free??? ANd it is fuckin way easier to download it at your desktop, burn it on a cd and listen to it in your car, then going to the store...

Artist should give their music away for free as a promotion...like george michael does now.

GrubMe
04-01-2004, 12:41 AM
Well... we customers have the money...
MONEY + MUSIC = MORE MUSIC
FREE + MUSIC = NO BUSINESS
NO BUSINESS + MUSIC = NOTHING

My point is that we sometimes need to support the music company to make more music. But I hate those rich bastards who show there bling bling shit and give no credit to us! The customers who pay for albums, posters for them to make more music for us to enjoy.

But Im not telling you P2P users to stop downloading music for free off the net since it will be a very similar situation. Make an even balance.

Cyril
04-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Whatever happened to musicians being artists and doing it for the love of it, instead of just going after the big bucks?

junkyardking
04-02-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by GrubMe@1 April 2004 - 00:41
Well... we customers have the money...
MONEY + MUSIC = MORE MUSIC
FREE + MUSIC = NO BUSINESS
NO BUSINESS + MUSIC = NOTHING

My point is that we sometimes need to support the music company to make more music.

I hate to tell you this but Music has been around alot longer before business got there hands on it and for most musicians they arnt working for a record company anyway. ;)

And the "Music" record companys produce only makes up a small portion of whats out there. ;)

NO BUSINESS + MUSIC = Better ;)

lectrospin
04-05-2004, 04:39 AM
exactly, true musicians play music because they love to, not for the money. File sharing is a reaction to art being hijacked by capitalists.

4th gen
04-05-2004, 04:53 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=71749 ;)