PDA

View Full Version : The FST Team Appreciation Thread

Rip The Jacker
03-28-2004, 11:39 PM
A lot a members have complained about the new "Cool Links" on top of the board.

A lot of members come here, and whine, piss, and moan about our admins. But what they don't realize is that, the admins work hard and pay to keep this board alive. Members don't have to pay a single cent to enjoy this wonderful place. Yet they come here, and complain about whats going on.

You don't pay for anything, but the admins do. They do all the hard work to make sure this board is running flawlessly. Sure it doesn't always run flawlessly, but our admins do what they can as soon as possible. Sure our new admin Brian has added some links at the top. Why complain? It doesn't take up space, it doesn't slow the board down, and no one is forcing you to click on them.

Same thing for our moderators. Its not easy to be a moderator. When a member is doing something bad, a mod has to take action, and do it quick. But the members, no, they have all the time in the world to look at our actions and form an opinion. Mods have to take so much crap from members, so it isnt all fun and games.

I made this thread, so members that actually appreciate all of our admins and mods hard work can come here, just to say thanks to our wonderful team here at FST.

So I say, thank you 7thElement, Error403, rookiecrd1, [B][O][T], and all the other mods at this board.

:)

LSA
03-28-2004, 11:52 PM
I agree, thanks too all the admins/mods.

bulio
03-28-2004, 11:58 PM
sorry for all the conspiracy shit, i'm sorry to have doubted the team as I have seen rookie add some cool new features onto this board already, hopefull more will come soon :)

Marius24
03-28-2004, 11:59 PM
yeah thanks guys, we wouldn't be here without you :D :lips:

{I}{K}{E}
03-29-2004, 12:01 AM
that are some nice words Rip ;)

:beerchug:

hobbes
03-29-2004, 12:11 AM
I thank the administration for this great board.

I think people would stop complaining if "Cool Links" was changed to "My Other Sites".

People are not objecting to the links, but rather are more interested in full disclosure/honesty.

They are NOT "cool links", they are links that the admin have a monetary interest in you clicking on.

That is not a problem, just label them what they are.

This is not a complaint, just an explanation why some might complain, if this is not apparent to you.

Cheese
03-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@28 March 2004 - 23:11
I thank the administration for this great board.

I think people would stop complaining if "Cool Links" was changed to "My Other Sites".

People are not objecting to the links, but rather are more interested in full disclosure/honesty.

They are NOT "cool links", they are links that the admin have a monetary interest in you clicking on.

That is not a problem, just label them what they are.

This is not a complaint, just an explanation why some might complain, if this is not apparent to you.
I think you should leave the links and just remove the "Cool Links" bit.

j4y3m
03-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Thank you all the mods and admins. :)

TRshady
03-29-2004, 12:40 AM
Agree with ya withcheese .... just have 'em as links.

And to the team .. I appreciate all the hard work your putting in ... it would be hard for anyone to take over such a big forum .. but ya'll doing great. As are the mods whos keeping the choas to a limit ... keep it up!. :)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-29-2004, 02:26 AM
:D And I would like to thank myself once again for showing most these MODs how to do things. :D

Double Post Jetje.....get to it! :P

*And to add to this.Some of us have asked what the Forum cost per Month to help.But never got no figures back.So we did try.And I still think the Links should go on the Front Page (http://filesharingtalk.com/) and not the Forum.*

silent VI
03-29-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Rip The Jacker@28 March 2004 - 23:39

So I say, thank you 7thElement, Error403, rookiecrd1, [B][O][T], and all the other mods at this board.

:)
sure the forums been going downhill but its just the begining :D i got love :music1: keep up the good work all

supersonic
03-29-2004, 02:41 AM
o I get what you mean, you mean that the admins/mods should do with members
the same thing the smurfs in your avatar are doing? My arse is tomato red from setting at the chair 24/7, so I got my share.

I wanna thank the admins/g-mods/mods in here for all there efforts in contributing to the board's...

Benno
03-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks everbody who donates time to keep this board running and make it even better :)

RGX
03-29-2004, 01:33 PM
We complain because we can. Would you rather we didnt give feedback?

However, I do think the admins/mods do a great job, and we do appreciate the effort you put in.

Peerzy
03-29-2004, 07:01 PM
think about it,

we could have a right shit team, all kindas shit would go on, it wouldnt even be woth coming here, but we don't. we have a great one. Keep up teh fab workguys.

:01:

Illuminati
03-29-2004, 07:04 PM
The mods & admin who have been here a while already know my support for what is done for the board, and that will no doubt continue.

Unless of course something is really wrong - In which case, I'll definitely be voicing out :lol:

uNz[i]
03-29-2004, 07:39 PM
You guys haven't seen me complain yet, so you must be doing okay.

So.. good work to all the FST team, keep it up. :beerchug:
And many thanks to rookiecrd1 for keeping the place afloat. :D

namzuf9
03-29-2004, 08:16 PM
They team here do a great job and are worth a lot to the community.
That said if FC showed 'em how to do things then they need retraining fast :P

The biggest problem imo is the recent changes this board has been through recently. Some will like the changes, others wont and I think you have to expect complaints from the former.

From our new admins postion it is going to be hard for him to intergrate new changes without upsetting a few peeps. Although I would prefer to know about changes in advance and maybe have the right to comment on them I understand that this is not always possible.

I hope that rookie settles in quickly and we can return to our normal argumentive, bitchin' selves!

Anywhos, big thanks to the FST team. :)
And thanks to our new admin for providing us with a place to hang out. :)

DanB
03-29-2004, 08:55 PM