PDA

View Full Version : Dl'ed Splinter Cell 2

trillscout
03-29-2004, 06:55 PM
got it of bit torrent, cracked by deviance.

Does ae1 know how to access the files cause Zip doesn't work

there's 4 cd's each file is ims-spta.002...
2cd files ims-sptb.002....
3cd files ims-sptc.002...

and so on

what software do I use

fred devliegher
03-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Is there a "rename" MSDOS thingy ? Or just rename all of them to .zip ?

namzuf9
03-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Winrar.

Mad Cat
03-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Open the one with the .rar ending with WinRAR and extract the bins. Open the bins with Nero, burn them. Alternatively mount them.

Follow the instructions in the .nfo for crack/CD key info whatever you may need.

DWells55
03-30-2004, 12:28 AM
spt is short for Splinter Pandora Tomorow. The letters a, b, c, and d at the end represent discs 1, 2, 3, and 4. There is no .rar file included with this release, so you will need to right click the .001 file of each CD and choose Open With... Select WinRAR (http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm). If WinRAR is not listed, browse for the main .exe (should be in C:\Program Files\WinRAR). Then select extract to... and choose the location you want the .bin and .cue to wind up. Open each .cue file with Nero or whatever burning program you prefer and burn them. Install the game like you normally would, but copy over the Deviance Crack/Fix that was downloaded with the games over to the folder where the game was installed and allow them to replace the appropriate files. shadowstrike_static_retail.exe should be in C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow\online\System, and splintercell2.exe should be in C:\Program Files\UBISOFT\Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow\offline\system. Have fun!

trillscout
03-30-2004, 02:43 AM
thx guys. I know how to to use rar and mounting with alcohol and all that.

It's just that the files didn't register as winrar files so I was unsure.

Thx D.wells55

DWells55
03-30-2004, 04:33 AM
Oh, alright cool. Sorry if I made you look like a n00b by giving you the full description, I just figured I mind as well just in case. WinRAR is great software, it works with so many filetypes. Only decompressing software you'll ever need. No problem helping you out, that's what I'm here for (and to get some help for myself :) ). SC: PT is an amazing game, and the graphics are just jaw-dropping. Even if you don't have a great card, pump up the resolution and stuff sometime just to see how it looks. It's gorgeous (kind of tease though, since you know you can't run it like that without a $400 card). Unless you have a 9800 XT or 5950 Ultra turn it back down if you expect 30 or more frames a second. It plays as good as it looks. Have fun with it!