PDA

View Full Version : Is Kazaa Illegal?

SixthSense
03-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi does anyone know if kazaa is actuallyillegal?

I have heard its illegal to upload copy right files but not to download them, is this true? :helpsmile:

MUSLEMAN
03-29-2004, 07:32 PM
kazaa is legall

klite is illegal

sharing and downloading copyright material with anything is illegal

Afronaut
03-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Heh, think about it like this:

Kazaa is the Car on your Information Highway.
In real life, you hardly ask if the Car is illegal, right?, More like if the driver has the Lisence. j/k

:)

Well, you could ask also if your Kazaa, the software, is Illegal:
That depends what version you have, if you use KMD, the "Original" version,
it has Spyware and other shit innit that would make me think how's that legal.
To fix that you should use the Fixed Versions which are also sort of Illegal as
Kazaa KMD aint exactly Open Source Software. You're about to be a "criminal" either way.
:lol:

To get a working Kazaa that dont fuck you PC so bad is easy, take a look in
peoples sigs
and some threads in the Developement section.

If You need/want to know if Downloading or Uploading is Illegal, that depends on where you at. All these countrys have different laws.
If you're in USA, you might want to learn more about Proxys and how to atleast
try to be more anonymous on the net, plus about Firewalls, Routers, etc...
I say USA as the RIAA is located there, howerver they can reach over seas through "sister-companys", how many of your local record labels ar in some sorta
"International-Record-Label-Association?" so I dont think nobodys really safe off.
Ppl get those funny letters in UK too, for example. RIAA/MPAA presses your ISP who presses You.

I dont think there is a p2p app worth using that has really an "Anonymity-built-in which work 100%",
ES5 included.
If there is, there aint big enuff Network thus there aint Files to DL.
KazaaLite++ the latest versions has some options regarding ppl been able to see your files.
Its all about how You understand whats going on in your PC and your Internet Connection.

So im afraid there is more to the bone than just "Is my Kazaa Illegal."

:cool2:

edit: Yeah, Kazaa might be Legal but the Spyware innit... is that Legal everywhere?

supersheep
03-29-2004, 09:13 PM
In the installation screen of Clean KMD it says that you shouldn't install this program because it's just for educational purpose only.

Does this make Clean KMD legal?

Lite
03-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Clean KMD is illegal as its a modified version of kazaa and includes the copyrighted materials ;), but.................. then again theres lots of people in jail for using hacked versions of kazaa :rolleyes:

MUSLEMAN
03-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by supersheep@29 March 2004 - 17:13
In the installation screen of Clean KMD it says that you shouldn't install this program because it's just for educational purpose only.

Does this make Clean KMD legal?
nope its illegal but i belive k-lite is legall

but remember sharing copyright matterial is illegal no matter what you use.

by the way can i ask why do people care which is legall and which is not??

leexgx
03-30-2004, 11:08 AM
why should we be forced to have the ad crap installed (kazza norm will not install on my pc coes of the stuff it Trys's to install)

MUSLEMAN
04-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by leexgx@30 March 2004 - 07:08
why should we be forced to have the ad crap installed (kazza norm will not install on my pc coes of the stuff it Trys's to install)
because mr $harman wants to make his money :angry: so our bandwidth and privay has to be sacrificed :angry:

thank god for klite :lol: :lol:

h1
04-01-2004, 09:42 PM
:lol: RN is right up there with Jesus. :P

MUSLEMAN
04-02-2004, 05:27 PM
roflmao :lol: :lol: :lol: