PDA

View Full Version : Just A Little Note

johnboy
03-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Would just like to take this opportunity to prove Random Nut wrong and show him that his opinion of ES5 being a hoax was not true. ES5 is real, and its open for anyone to download right now.
Yes, there are some problems such as it being a resource hog and few content, but speeds are INCREDIBLE. The speeds are fast and stay fast till the end of the download. The files are 100% guaranteed to start when you click them, no queues, "more sources needed".
And yes, they do need some more work, but the point is that its real.

The Great Dude
03-11-2003, 01:59 AM
Random Nut is doing other stuff, so he won't be here for quite awhile.

puremindmatters
03-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Sorry, but it says it is not ready for download... And I'm by no means an expert, but if 100 beta testers get incredible download speeds, does that mean 1,000,000 users will have the same speeds? (or is that what they mean by: not ready for prime time?)

Please keep us posted as to when they are ready (for prime time).

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-11-2003, 07:30 AM
ES5? Anyone wanna inform me of this? I really need some sleep but talking to a girl right now :wub: :P

junkyardking
03-11-2003, 07:30 AM
yeah checked the site still not ready, why did you say it was??

Yusuke
03-11-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Shinigami@11 March 2003 - 02:30
ES5? Anyone wanna inform me of this?
me too.. :-"

lunatacs
03-11-2003, 08:20 AM
can anybody share the site with me, i'm just wondering what's this program all about?

junkyardking
03-11-2003, 08:23 AM
http://www.earthstation5.com

lunatacs
03-11-2003, 08:26 AM
Would just like to take this opportunity to prove Random Nut wrong and show him that his opinion of ES5 being a hoax was not true. ES5 is real, and its open for anyone to download right now.
Yes, there are some problems such as it being a resource hog and few content, but speeds are INCREDIBLE. The speeds are fast and stay fast till the end of the download. The files are 100% guaranteed to start when you click them, no queues, "more sources needed".
And yes, they do need some more work, but the point is that its real.

I just found the website, i really like to know where you found this link to download the program...since the main website only talks about how "great" the program will or can be... please post the link, it might clear the whole idea of this program. ;)

cheers

PS. how can the speeds be "INCREDIBLE"? everybody on t1 line or something? please explain in more detail about this program since the website is filled with empty opinions.

junkyardking
03-11-2003, 08:55 AM
yeah i found the link
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...&t=16723&hl=es5 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=16723&hl=es5)
on this forum from an article that was promoting it just like the site, some thought it could be an riaa setup?

puremindmatters
03-11-2003, 08:59 AM
He's a key user. I use keys too, but occasionally I can't find them. That's probably why they didn't pick me... boohooo....

johnboy
03-11-2003, 03:57 PM
Oops I'm sorry. I forgot to give you guys the real link. The site www.earthstationv.com is no longer the real site. Its home.es5.com. And the download link can be found at the forums under http://forums.es5.com/ . The download link in the forums is http://forums.es5.com/es5_v0.0.93-beta.exe
I don't know how there are incredible speeds but there are. Trust me, so far EVERYONE I've talked to says they have great speeds

puremindmatters
03-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Interesting - the new site is one page with blind links.

johnboy
03-11-2003, 04:22 PM
yeah thats cus the real site is also in its beta forms... but go to the forums and you'll see the program there

DataMore
03-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by johnboy@11 March 2003 - 16:22
yeah thats cus the real site is also in its beta forms...
If the site is also still a beta, how come they have like 40 registered domains? :blink:
Check them out here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=40&t=16723&st=30). <_<

puremindmatters
03-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Sorry, I don&#39;t feel comfortable to register for that forum. I guess I wait until they get out of their "beta" stage. And I don&#39;t feel comfortable installing programs which have not been verified by users I know and trust either.
But I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll find someone foolhardy enough to do it.

johnboy
03-11-2003, 04:42 PM
@Datamore: I don&#39;t understand that either.
@puremind: Well thats up to you if you don&#39;t feel secure enough. It was easier for me to decide since I knew people at zeropaid and that helped me feel safe to download it. Perhaps you should just wait if you like.

puremindmatters
03-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Will do, thanks

DataMore
03-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by johnboy@11 March 2003 - 16:42
@Datamore: I don&#39;t understand that either.
What part don&#39;t you understand? :blink:
That ES5 crap has almost 40 official domains registered&#33;
Do you think that&#39;s normal? :blink:
How many official registered domains does KaZaA have?
Do you get my point now? <_<

BTW, have you made a whois lookup on the ES5 site? <_<

drorsdd
03-11-2003, 05:09 PM
datamore foget about the whois.
more importante:
whois the chick in ur signature?

;) :lol: :blink:

DataMore
03-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by drorsdd@11 March 2003 - 17:09
more importante:

:D Can&#39;t you recognize a hot babe like this? :D

;) It&#39;s Anna Kournikova, the tennis player. B)

drorsdd
03-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by DataMore+11 March 2003 - 18:12--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DataMore @ 11 March 2003 - 18:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--drorsdd@11 March 2003 - 17:09
more importante:

:D Can&#39;t you recognize a hot babe like this? :D

;) It&#39;s Anna Kournikova, the tennis player. B) [/b][/quote]
damn i wasnt even looking at her face (can u blame me?)

just kidding girls.. :lol: ;)
btw whats a good url for doing a "whois" ?

johnboy
03-11-2003, 05:25 PM
Lol datamore...when i said "I don&#39;t understand that either" I meant I don&#39;t know why they have 40 registered domain names....you got me all wrong. :P

DataMore
03-11-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by johnboy@11 March 2003 - 17:25
Lol datamore...when i said "I don&#39;t understand that either" I meant I don&#39;t know why they have 40 registered domain names....you got me all wrong. :P
Ooops, sorry about that&#33; :">
:D Thank God I&#39;m not a crazy flamer that would immediatly attack you calling you all sorts of names. :D

:"> Damn, I&#39;m embarrased&#33; :">

johnboy
03-11-2003, 05:52 PM
lol its alright...if it were in zeropaid I&#39;d be fried by now before I could even explain what i was talking about :lol:

puremindmatters
03-11-2003, 06:59 PM
@johnboy - got curious by your reference to zeropaid.com and checked some of the threads related to es5
So, it&#39;s not vapourware after all, and I am going to test it... There are an awful lot of questions answered by one of the teamleaders of ES5, though not all that satisfactory - but nevermind. If you had mentioned the threads there, I am sure you would have met with less suspicion on our part here.
@ datamore If you see/read what kind of money they are coming up with to start off, 40 domains don&#39;t seem to be such a big deal - why they do this and how they ever want to make money out of it, they didn&#39;t let on as yet, but it makes interesting (though exhausting) reading.

johnboy
03-11-2003, 07:19 PM
wow you read it all? Thats alot of reading... well they said that they&#39;ll have 1 ad later on. No spyware or adware, just one simple ad and I think thats how they&#39;ll make money

lunatacs
03-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Oops I&#39;m sorry. I forgot to give you guys the real link. The site www.earthstationv.com is no longer the real site. Its home.es5.com. And the download link can be found at the forums under http://forums.es5.com/ . The download link in the forums is http://forums.es5.com/es5_v0.0.93-beta.exe
I don&#39;t know how there are incredible speeds but there are. Trust me, so far EVERYONE I&#39;ve talked to says they have great speeds

thank you for posting the link, I&#39;m downloading it now and crossing my fingers those bastards keep their promises of what they said about this program.

thanks

lunatacs
03-11-2003, 08:15 PM
the program eats your CPU, i&#39;m serious&#33;

sorry to say, but i how this program can be improved for everybody&#39;s use, the program has many good options and very nice inferface, also i like some colours but as for the overroll, i wouldn&#39;t recommend it to anybody unless you feel your computer can handle the CPU usage. :rolleyes:

cheers

drorsdd
03-11-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by lunatacs@11 March 2003 - 20:46

Oops I&#39;m sorry. I forgot to give you guys the real link. The site www.earthstationv.com is no longer the real site. Its home.es5.com. And the download link can be found at the forums under http://forums.es5.com/ . The download link in the forums is http://forums.es5.com/es5_v0.0.93-beta.exe
I don&#39;t know how there are incredible speeds but there are. Trust me, so far EVERYONE I&#39;ve talked to says they have great speeds

thank you for posting the link, I&#39;m downloading it now and crossing my fingers those bastards keep their promises of what they said about this program.

thanks
make sure to let us know how it goes m8
good luck

edit:thanks lunatacs

lunatacs
03-11-2003, 08:26 PM
make sure to let us know how it goes m8
good luck

scroll up, i&#39;m one thread above you ;)

overroll i said, this takes alot of CPU useage and it may lag your computer or your other things on the computer you might be doing. maybe its just me.

also great interface and very useful options, plus with other stuff to keep you busy but the cpu usage is the problem it takes away from great things the program can offer. It almost looks too good, thats what i can say.

cheers

johnboy
03-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Lunatacs, you&#39;re right about the cpu usage...everyones had that problem. I found that if I close everything, and disable the netmeeting loading up through preference settings, its able to function better.
Did you experience good speeds like everyone else?

lunatacs
03-11-2003, 10:30 PM
Lunatacs, you&#39;re right about the cpu usage...everyones had that problem. I found that if I close everything, and disable the netmeeting loading up through preference settings, its able to function better.
Did you experience good speeds like everyone else?

speeds were faily well, i wont the best ever i had, but they were faily good. I&#39;m on cable and i reached 100k maybe its just me. when i installed the program, i rebooted and netmeeting started, my pc frozen for a sec or two. i did close it and it ran batter afterwards though the pcu usage was just to much for me. it stops me from doing anything else when i&#39;m online. i hope this was the beta test and that they will improve this issuses sometime in the neat future. for everything else, "looked good" but we will have to see.

cheers

puremindmatters
03-11-2003, 10:37 PM
I did a quick testrun. The speeds are indeed incredible, however, it&#39;s very very buggy. Got about 20 error messages, downloaded about 1 GB in 3 hours, but nothing to see or show - there are a couple of fragments (100 MB or so), but no finished files, and the downloads are simply gone. Maybe it couldn&#39;t handle 3 movies I tried to download at the same time. I had like 10 sources for one, and it kept on delivering error messages that it couldn&#39;t rename them, and then finally that it couldn&#39;t find them. Weird. I&#39;m sure I&#39;m not the only one who had that problem.
So I guess I will have to read a bit more and figure out what that might be.

It doesn&#39;t drain your resources all the time though, I monitored it for quite a while, and after some initial high cpu and memory usage it flattened out to acceptable levels. The search function is a laugh though. I think they are in for some major revamps before they release it.

And no, I didn&#39;t read all of the 15 threads, just 3 or 4....

Icey
03-11-2003, 10:39 PM
wat does this offer, that kazaa lite and soulseek doesn&#39;t?

lunatacs
03-12-2003, 01:22 AM
wat does this offer, that kazaa lite and soulseek doesn&#39;t?

read it in here, http://www.earthstationv.com/

but its in beta phases now, so its not very promising program and doesn&#39;t live up to that they all listed though interface rocks. speeds are fairly good. but many many bugs in the program, plus eats your cpu, sucks its usage and makes it so you&#39;r unable to do anything else but use that program. sometimes not even that, too much lag.

here is the link for you to test on your own

http://forums.es5.com/

http://forums.es5.com/es5_v0.0.93-beta.exe

cheers

johnboy
03-12-2003, 01:56 AM
I&#39;m glad you liked it Lunatacs... I hope more and more people join es5 cus it has real potential to mold into something big... but for that to happen more people need to join, try out, and tell what needs to be corrected :D

random nut
03-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by johnboy@10 March 2003 - 20:06
Would just like to take this opportunity to prove Random Nut wrong and show him that his opinion of ES5 being a hoax was not true.
Boy, johnnyboy, you seem to have no real life. "Look at me, I was right about something&#33; In yer f4c3 random nut&#33;". Maybe I should start a similar thread about you saying RapidRoad was real?

And the fact that ES5 is out doesn&#39;t prove that it does everything the developers said it would do. I haven&#39;t tried it, and never will, but unless they&#39;ve lived up to all their promises it&#39;s still a hoax. They said there would be a program out in february, but only now is the 1.01 beta out or whatever their latest version number is.

VB
03-28-2003, 03:38 PM
I am trying ES5 right now.

It is a bit buggy, the interface is crap and there are only a few people online. But the speeds are amazing (450 KB/s atm). But I don&#39;t think that will be for long, once more people with slower connections (non T3 :P ) come onto the network.

I haven&#39;t tried downloading securely yet. Just regular http gets at the moment.

{I}{K}{E}
03-28-2003, 04:22 PM
It&#39;s still a p2p program so the speed should be equal as on K-lite because it depends on the users who are sharing&#33;&#33;

{I}{K}{E}
03-28-2003, 08:26 PM
:x :x :x

I found a major bug&#33;&#33;&#33;

Before you uninstall the program go to options and turn off the &#39;open on startup&#39; option&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
If you dont do this every time you restart your pc hey wil ask for a f*cking dll file &#33;&#33;&#33;

>_< >_<