PDA

View Full Version : Strange Trouble With Overnet

BigBank_Hank
03-29-2004, 10:49 PM
I have been downloading a file that hasn't got many sources so I've been leaving Overnet up while I'm at work all day, but when I come back to check the status I've lost some of what I've downloaded. Just yesterday I left it on all day and when I left I had downloaded 587 megs of 682, when I got back it was down to 585 of 682. :helpsmile: Anyone run across this before?

MUSLEMAN
03-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@29 March 2004 - 18:49
I have been downloading a file that hasn't got many sources so I've been leaving Overnet up while I'm at work all day, but when I come back to check the status I've lost some of what I've downloaded. Just yesterday I left it on all day and when I left I had downloaded 587 megs of 682, when I got back it was down to 585 of 682. :helpsmile: Anyone run across this before?
problem is its getting to the corrupt part and its deleting it but it sounds like that the only availble sources for it have that corrupt part, so it deletes, downloads and deletes again. till it finds the good source it can keep :lol:

BigBank_Hank
03-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Well that's just about my luck. Can I do anything to fix it? :helpsmile:

MUSLEMAN
03-30-2004, 06:18 AM
if the file is not available i belive not

junkyardking
03-30-2004, 10:23 AM
There's a fix for looping downloads on the overnet forums but the site seems to be down at the moment.

powerstick
03-30-2004, 03:38 PM
I had the same problem with Jason X DVD Rip. I finally just said forget it and used meta file regenerator to put the files together to view. It was the whole video so I don't know what parts were corrupt bc when I viewed it, it was all there. If you use meta file reger though, I suggest you re-convert it do divx bc the output is usually large. Jason x= 13.5 Gig. using meta. Reconverting it to divx = 697 MB.

BigBank_Hank
03-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the help. I decided to just do another search and download a different version.

MUSLEMAN
03-31-2004, 01:11 AM
you can try this but i find it still does not work

1. Download MetFileRegenerator
2. Expand the source tree for the download in question. You'll see a few sources have the complete download. Right click a few of them and if their version is 105x or 5x write down their ID and port number.
3. Close eDonkey/Overnet or the changes won't take effect.
4. Run MetFileRegenerator v3.0 by double clicking on the .jar file or on the MetFileRegenerator.exe shortcut.
5. Select verification.
6. Input your temp directory.
7. Select the download to correct.
8. Select 'Retrieve crumb hashes from:' and input one of the ID/port pair that you wrote down earlier.
9. Click next. If an error message appears try a different ID/port pair.

metafileregenerator is here (http://www.bigwillystyle42.com/?dest=mfr)

junkyardking
03-31-2004, 11:44 AM
Hopefully in the next version it will just ban/suspend users who send bad data, as this would be an easy way to disrupt file distribution if it's not being done already ;)

MUSLEMAN
03-31-2004, 04:50 PM
well if you like you can go to the ovenetlite development section and ask tmpj and see if its possible to add in (http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/index.php?act=idx) :lol: :lol:

but i don't think so :lol:

thisiswhoweare
03-31-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by junkyardking@31 March 2004 - 10:44
Hopefully in the next version it will just ban/suspend users who send bad data, as this would be an easy way to disrupt file distribution if it's not being done already ;)
what if someone has a bad connection? bad data can occur, then what?

Cyril
04-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@31 March 2004 - 13:11
you can try this but i find it still does not work

1. Download MetFileRegenerator
2. Expand the source tree for the download in question. You'll see a few sources have the complete download. Right click a few of them and if their version is 105x or 5x write down their ID and port number.
3. Close eDonkey/Overnet or the changes won't take effect.
4. Run MetFileRegenerator v3.0 by double clicking on the .jar file or on the MetFileRegenerator.exe shortcut.
5. Select verification.
6. Input your temp directory.
7. Select the download to correct.
8. Select 'Retrieve crumb hashes from:' and input one of the ID/port pair that you wrote down earlier.
9. Click next. If an error message appears try a different ID/port pair.

metafileregenerator is here (http://www.bigwillystyle42.com/?dest=mfr)
From my experience that does not work.

MUSLEMAN
04-01-2004, 03:02 PM
lol does not work for me either but once in a while it catches, realy i just want people to know about things so they just have a better understanding of things :lol: :lol:

BigBank_Hank
04-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@1 April 2004 - 10:02
lol does not work for me either but once in a while it catches, realy i just want people to know about things so they just have a better understanding of things :lol: :lol:
Ahh knowledge is power, thanks MM :D

MUSLEMAN
04-01-2004, 05:25 PM
np boss you could have found this on teh kltforum, :lol: you are a member right??

BigBank_Hank
04-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Great now you've spilled the beans and my secret is out :P

MUSLEMAN
04-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@1 April 2004 - 14:09
Great now you've spilled the beans and my secret is out :P
roflmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: