PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted Partial Download Files

JayBaller10
03-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Sup guys, I got the error message "Kazaa has reported an error and needs to close sorry for the inconvenience... Send/Dont send error report." I found the files that were causing a problem and they were halfway through the download. I deleted the .dat files thinking this would solve the problem and now the downloads aren't there. My question for all of you knowledgeable people is how can these corrupted files be fixed without having to delete the entire download? Any help is appreciated, thanks. :)

MUSLEMAN
03-30-2004, 12:17 AM
first back up your dat files for cases like this.

second try the dat repairer and see it works (http://www.klitetools.com/MM/datrp.rar)

JayBaller10
03-30-2004, 01:03 AM
hey thnx musleman

MUSLEMAN
03-30-2004, 02:09 AM
np boss :lol:

h1
03-30-2004, 06:40 AM
This might recur... just to be safe, empty out your DB folder, it can't do any harm. :)

MUSLEMAN
03-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by haxor41789@30 March 2004 - 02:40
This might recur... just to be safe, empty out your DB folder, it can't do any harm. :)
it will erase all his edit info :lol: :lol:

delphin460
03-30-2004, 07:58 AM
be carefull currupt partial downloads are usualy virus infected, check them first with a/v

MUSLEMAN
03-30-2004, 09:08 AM
lol no they are not :lol: :lol: :lol: any freez or anything can corrupt them, come to think of it i have never had a corrupt file that had a virus :lol: :lol:

i will say tho running your av never herts so its worth a shot :lol:

JayBaller10
03-30-2004, 09:31 AM
ok, ok... its gotten to the point where almost all the movies try to show an error! I tried to use the dat repairer (when kazaa is closed) and it tells me that none of the dats need repairing. I preview everything I download once it reaches the min requirement of 256 Kb and all of the files have come back sharp. Again, some of the files are very much past the halfway point of the download but still turn out corrupt... Is there no other way other than the dat repairer? Any techniques/tips that have worked for others? Thnx :helpsmile:

MUSLEMAN
03-30-2004, 10:10 AM
did you have a problem with the pc or some thing?? crash, freeze, power out, etc.??

JayBaller10
03-30-2004, 11:19 PM
No, no problems, but Im reinstalling the Kazaa lite software. Maybe the first one had a bug in it somewhere. Still waiting for the newer one to connect to see if the problem persists. I now know for a fact that nothing was wrong with the dat files... that error report just popped up whenever it felt like it (when nothing was even downloading). Hopefully this newer one comes through.

MUSLEMAN
03-31-2004, 01:06 AM
versions has nothing to do with it boss :lol: :lol:

Colly
03-31-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by JayBaller10@29 March 2004 - 23:54
Sup guys, I got the error message "Kazaa has reported an error and needs to close sorry for the inconvenience...  Send/Dont send error report."  I found the files that were causing a problem and they were halfway through the download.  I deleted the .dat files thinking this would solve the problem and now the downloads aren't there.  My question for all of you knowledgeable people is how can these corrupted files be fixed without having to delete the entire download? Any help is appreciated, thanks.  :)
I usually use the standard "Emergency Repair Procedure #1" and reboot and start it all back up. I've never had it repeat due to things in the middle of being downloaded (well, maybe if you're trying to download 1,000 things at once.)

Regarding corrupted files (and also fakes), if you're just wanting to get rid of trashed MP3 files, get the free program MP3checker from http://www.mp3checker.com and use it to scan your MP3s. It will very quickly move or eliminate (your choice) the faked and corrupted MP3 files, ESPECIALLY those RIAA renditions of Shania Twain's "Gonna Getcha" song that plays about 20 seconds and then reverts to a loud airhorn type sound designed to blow out your eardrums. It went through 484 files and eliminated 71 fakes in under 3 minutes. Much easier than listening to them all one by one (which I still do, but at least now I don't have to worry about sudden hearing loss.)

MUSLEMAN
03-31-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Colly+31 March 2004 - 00:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colly @ 31 March 2004 - 00:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JayBaller10@29 March 2004 - 23:54
Sup guys, I got the error message "Kazaa has reported an error and needs to close sorry for the inconvenience... Send/Dont send error report." I found the files that were causing a problem and they were halfway through the download. I deleted the .dat files thinking this would solve the problem and now the downloads aren&#39;t there. My question for all of you knowledgeable people is how can these corrupted files be fixed without having to delete the entire download? Any help is appreciated, thanks. :)
I usually use the standard "Emergency Repair Procedure #1" and reboot and start it all back up. I&#39;ve never had it repeat due to things in the middle of being downloaded (well, maybe if you&#39;re trying to download 1,000 things at once.)

Regarding corrupted files (and also fakes), if you&#39;re just wanting to get rid of trashed MP3 files, get the free program MP3checker from http://www.mp3checker.com and use it to scan your MP3s. It will very quickly move or eliminate (your choice) the faked and corrupted MP3 files, ESPECIALLY those RIAA renditions of Shania Twain&#39;s "Gonna Getcha" song that plays about 20 seconds and then reverts to a loud airhorn type sound designed to blow out your eardrums. It went through 484 files and eliminated 71 fakes in under 3 minutes. Much easier than listening to them all one by one (which I still do, but at least now I don&#39;t have to worry about sudden hearing loss.) [/b][/quote]
aha so you are one of those people that downloads those corrupt files and keeps them a bit and they get circuated :angry: