PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube Emu

Bowen747x
03-30-2004, 01:46 PM
just wondering what the website is 4 that working gamecube emu and was wondering what ppls thoughts r on it, also can some1 help me out 2 get it running w/ zelda:windwaker, thats the only ngc i want 2 play :lol:

fred devliegher
03-30-2004, 02:29 PM
also can some1 help me out 2 get it running w/ zelda:windwaker, thats the only ngc i want 2 play

Get a 'Cube and the game. Seriously. You'll only get shit performance out of a next-gen emu at this stage - don't even count on the game being playable.

Try Zophar (http://www.zophar.net/gc.html) for emus.

Again , the only way to play Wind Waker right now is with a physical 'Cube , controller and disc. Sorry.

Maybe in 5 years or so ...

EDIT : First impressions (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=98844&hl=gamecube)

TRshady
03-30-2004, 02:43 PM
agreed with above ...

and roms can only be gotten from catridges ... (afaik).
So you'll never see it .. and if it was available .. you would need a hell of a pc to play one ...

Bowen747x
03-31-2004, 01:48 PM
well according 2 the thread on the dolphin, that u posted fred, ppl have used the dolphin and it worked quite well, i c lots of ngc games on suprnova and think ill check it out, my pc isnt top of the line but its good enough :P

SeK612
03-31-2004, 03:22 PM
I think you do need a very powerful computer (decent graphics card, high memory etc) to run emulators - 64 roms should be runnable but stuff like X-Box and PS2 games are at anther level (if there are any roms available).

fred devliegher
03-31-2004, 03:36 PM
32/64 bit era ROMs will run on a medium-spec system ; some poorly , some perfectly , depending on what features/peculiarities the game has. More horsepower will up the quality , but in the end it's down to how well the game can be emulated.

well according 2 the thread on the dolphin, that u posted fred, ppl have used the dolphin and it worked quite well, i c lots of ngc games on suprnova and think ill check it out, my pc isnt top of the line but its good enough

By all means , go ahead. Just be warned that you should not expect the games to be playable , let alone reach the kind of performance you get on the real console. AFAIK , Zelda is hardly working right now (3-5 FPS ?).

My advice , still , is to get the real deal.

Mad Cat
03-31-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@30 March 2004 - 14:43
agreed with above ...

and roms can only be gotten from catridges ... (afaik).
So you'll never see it .. and if it was available .. you would need a hell of a pc to play one ...
ROMs only gotten from cartridges? What are you on about mate?

For newer consoles you use ISOs, which really are a form of ROM :P