PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me!

blue_wrx2003
04-02-2004, 04:15 AM
Hey everyone,
Well heres the problem. About 3 weeks ago, I started to notice my dl along with my searches were getting real slow. Now before this, everything worked like a charm. Very quick dl and searches were always great. Now, its take about a min. just for Kazaa to connect, then searches are crappy and slow, and my dl take a rediculous amount of time. I'm on my laptop, and I am connected to a wireless router, but I don't see how this could effect it? I mean, everything worked perfectly, then all of sudden went to crap. I uninstalled kazaa lite 2.4.3, and reinstalled. Ran anti-virus, ad-aware, and nothing. It really sucks b/c I got use to the quick speed of everything. Do you think its b/c of the version of kazaa lite I'm using? Any ideas? Please help me!! This really sucks. Thanks alot!
~Blue

h1
04-02-2004, 04:44 AM
It's your router. Download KaNAT (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/kanat/download/KaNAT037Beta.exe) (and the VB6 runtimes (http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe) if you don't have them), then leave it running at all times replacing your WAN IP with your LAN IP. :)

blue_wrx2003
04-03-2004, 12:16 AM
I've never had any problems before? Why is it all of sudden starting now? Thanks for responding!

blue_wrx2003
04-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Also, can you explain what those programs do? :D Thanks

MUSLEMAN
04-03-2004, 12:45 AM
your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to getkanat (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/)

if you are behind a router then you can't download from others behind a router, in order to do that you need to get kanat

blue_wrx2003
04-03-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by blue_wrx2003@3 April 2004 - 00:16
I've never had any problems before? Why is it all of sudden starting now? Thanks for responding!
I realize I'm behind a router and everything, but why would kazaa lite just automatically start running like crap? Does no one know the answer?

oldjagman
04-03-2004, 02:12 AM
There is no single answer except dren happens.

The problem is almost certainly at your end and not with the fasttrack network.

Follow the good advice given above, if that fails try a clean uninstall and reinstall of klite.

Check out any recent system changes you have made - they may be the cause.

If you are using XP try "system restore".

Oh, one last point, don't get greedy - too many simultaneous downloads will really frell your speeds while running KL plus any other client (BT, eMule etc) is a licence to kill download speed.

And playing games on Pogo doesn't help!!