PDA

View Full Version : New Topic Emails

firefox
04-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Ok see if I can word this correctly. I am subscribed to a few of the topics in this forum. I get emails from time to time on New topics that users post. I in turn will go read the topics and my reply to it. If I understand it correctly once you reply to a post, you will continue to get emails on the topic. Sometimes when I either post a topic or reply to some of the topics that I am subscribed to I eventually get an email, but by the time I get it there will have already been 4 to 5 replies. Is this normal so that I do not get bomb barded with emails from the forum or am i misssing some emails.

EDIT: has the forum bit a bit slow too, I mean not to many posts lately.

bulio
04-02-2004, 05:26 PM
About the slow part I agree partially, my posts and topics are still replied to but not as fast as before.

Afronaut
04-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by bulio@2 April 2004 - 19:26
About the slow part I agree partially, my posts and topics are still replied to but not as fast as before.
About the eMails, i dont really know, i dont subscribe.
About the speed part, board seems to load fine here atm
About Bulios Topics getting posts, I can only guess.

;)

Nightwolf
04-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Happy Anniversary, firefox! ;)

Yes, what you are describing is normal. I don't think Invision's email notification system works 100% correct. It says you're only supposed to get one email about a reply to a topic, even if several other replies were also posted. But sometimes I get several emails about the same topic, while other times I don't get any! It's been that way as long as I've been a member - you just have to learn to live with it. :rolleyes:

firefox
04-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Nightwolf@2 April 2004 - 13:33
Happy Anniversary, firefox! ;)

Yes, what you are describing is normal. I don't think Invision's email notification system works 100% correct. It says you're only supposed to get one email about a reply to a topic, even if several other replies were also posted. But sometimes I get several emails about the same topic, while other times I don't get any! It's been that way as long as I've been a member - you just have to learn to live with it. :rolleyes:
Hey thanks, did not even notice its been a year, Wow time flies. Anyway, I was just making sure that it was not some settings on my part. I have learned to live with it, just did not want to miss anything, its adicting. POST Damit POST.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nightwolf
04-03-2004, 06:00 AM
See, this is the perfect example. I had four emails in my inbox telling me people had replied to topics, but this wasn't one of them. I had to browse to this one manually. :rolleyes:

firefox
04-05-2004, 09:58 PM
guess we will just have to live with it.