PDA

View Full Version : File Sharing Strategy

guz
03-11-2003, 09:00 AM
Hi everybody,

I think all of you has heard about the new ISP policies.
RIAA and others plan to stop illegal filesharing, they will do all the best to achieve this.

It's a real war, with missile - antimissile strategies.
Remember the Napster story. They stopped Napster and central servers - the missile, the filesharing community developped peer2peer and distributed networks - the antimissile.

A new missile is coming : identification of peer2peer data flow (IP packet filtering), in order to stop it.

Is the Kazaa community preparing the antimissile ?

Guz

lunatacs
03-11-2003, 09:03 AM
:sleeping: they will never stop us :)

-=M3th0d=-
03-11-2003, 11:09 AM
There are ways to mask your IP arent there? im sure ive heard it said in other places in the forum and if they dont exist that is sure to be the next weapon added to the p2p arsenal.

RPerry
03-11-2003, 11:41 AM
And which of those organizations do you belong to Guz?? :angry:

Afronaut
03-11-2003, 12:02 PM
I think there's sooooooo many people willing to share that even if they get Kazaa-community closed, new ones will appear.
They killed Napster but did it stop us? :D

Benno
03-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah they wont be able to stop us. :pirate: :devil: :devil:

al_birkett
03-11-2003, 02:44 PM
They can try but they will neva stop us :beerchug: at least I hope they wont , Just think about your ISP do you think that they are really going to make much effort to stop illegal filesharing because if they successfully stop illegal filesharing then how many customers around the world will they loose in total , hundreds? , thousands? and how many new customers do they loose who only want the broadband packages to download films etc???

guz
03-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by RPerry@11 March 2003 - 12:41
And which of those organizations do you belong to Guz?? :angry:

You're very clever. It's a quality in a war. That's why spying is called 'Intelligence'.

I don't belong to these organisations. But does it really matter ?
The fact is that these organisations, engineers of these organisations, will spy the evolution of the filesharing world, anyway. I could be a spy, many people could be spies.

The point is to be clever, to understand which kind of weapons ISP's network engineers do have, which technics they will use to filter Kazaa flow, to trace people who do filesharing. Understand how the next missile will hurt you.

From that, we just have to develop the anti-missile.

lunatacs
03-11-2003, 09:42 PM
I don't belong to these organisations. But does it really matter ?

maybe it sounded better in your head, not when you wrote it down. and YES it DOES matter. <_< :angry: :blink:

Reactant
03-11-2003, 09:48 PM
threaten to kill their new borns...thats a good deterrant.

lunatacs
03-11-2003, 10:33 PM
pissing in the eye, burns the soul :D :rolleyes:

Switeck
03-12-2003, 07:32 AM
The future, or at least the immediate future, is finding out what ip addresses are the biggest threat to p2p networks -- and essentially locking them out from accessing it, either by default or as a separate option.

"They" have started hacking into p2p networks, seeding fake files, disruting the network via malicious rediection/blocking of network traffic, and possibly even the addition of trojans/viruses to the network.

We at least should know as much as we can about the copyright cops -- who they work for, what their ip addresses are, and even what their PLANS seem to be.

We need to DoS attack them -- not by attacking their websites, but by blocking them from the p2p networks.
The internet has learned to route around &#39;damaged&#39; and &#39;damaging&#39; websites/addresses -- we need to start doing the same&#33;

guz
03-12-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by lunatacs@11 March 2003 - 22:42

maybe it sounded better in your head, not when you wrote it down. and YES it DOES matter. <_< :angry: :blink:
It&#39;s not a matter of trust.

It&#39;s a matter of when they&#39;ll decide to block Kazaa traffic, the Kazaa community will die. The biggest ISPs are already planning to cut down Kazaa traffic (AOL, etc...).
It&#39;s pretty EASY for them to detect and filter current Kazaa trafic : dedicated port number, clear encoded &#39;Kazaa&#39; keyword in request, etc...

If no new technics are developped to bypass the tools network engineers already have, Kazaa will die.

Kazaa protocol MUST become sufficiently furtive to common filtering technics.

It&#39;s not a matter of who I am. Be realistic : if new technics are imagined to enhance Kazaa protocol, network engineers will be the first people aware of these new technics. But the point is to be sufficiently reactive. If newest Kazaa protocols are really hard to detect, one or two years will pass before ISP network routers will be up-to-date and ready to filter the new protocols...

The ennemy always knows the weapons you have. The point is to have an undestructible weapon for some time, even if the weapon is well understand by the ennemy.

"The Avatar Man"
03-12-2003, 11:57 AM
I think what will happen as some isp&#39;s start to shut down file sharing there will be a flood of subscribers towards those that respect people&#39;s privacy. ;)

Ynhockey
03-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Yeah well... some people treat this like a war... but i don&#39;t. I mean, I don&#39;t beleive that RIAA can shut down P2P. It just doesn&#39;t seem realistic. Besides, only ISPs like AOL who get their main profits in fields other than the internet, will join the RIAA. It&#39;s all about money for the ISPs and if they start blocking Kazaa, they&#39;ll lose much more money than what the RIAA could ever offer. It&#39;s just that simple.

But i&#39;m glad that there are actually people who try to hack those assholes RIAA :angry:

guz
03-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Ynhockey@12 March 2003 - 13:42
some people treat this like a war... but i don&#39;t.

It would be nice...

In some countries, file-sharing of protected material is considered as a criminal offense.
Some "file-sharer" will be convicted for this criminal offense "for the example" (as we say in French), and they will pay for this "offense".

And you don&#39;t think it&#39;s war ?

scribblec
03-12-2003, 04:44 PM
delete this shit

SolidWing68
03-12-2003, 04:47 PM
our voices will always be heard ;)

stormbringer
03-13-2003, 04:45 AM
Heh...Yeah,
Maybe instead of hunting them down and killing them we should educate ourselves on how the P2P world works. From the protocols to the client that resides on every box. Maybe even Kazaa Lite is the enemy, compiling and archiving data for the recording industry so that they will be able to better understand the "dark matter " that resides at the end of each IP and MAC address. One of the very first things a good soldier is to perfect is to understand the enemy and get in their heads. The industry will stop at no means to get the Bottom Line back up to where it is "suppose to be" even if they..........Ahhhh well i seem to be ranting. There will come a time when it will be our responsibility to share and promote our own files and to ensure our own secrecy and keep our own lists of “Supreme Beings”. Just some thoughts to chew on. I will spread the Ed also …..Hr ye go.
http://cubicmetercrystal.com/alpine/discovery.html

http://www.openp2p.com/pub/a/p2p/2000/11/2...p2p.html?page=2 (http://www.openp2p.com/pub/a/p2p/2000/11/24/shirky1-whatisp2p.html?page=2)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pr...t1/timerang.htm (http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120t/120t1/timerang.htm)

Ohhh yeah..If you are going to tell me I am wrong or that I am an Idiot..That’s fine but don’t criticize without posting you’re own thoughts…M

Nobody1234
03-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Has anyone else noticed that guz has 4 posts to his name ? He started this thread and all his posts are here. I seems to me that he is just trying to get a reaction from you guys and make people paranoid for nothing.

Maybe he could talk about something more constructive ?

guz
03-13-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Nobody1234@13 March 2003 - 14:29
Has anyone else noticed that guz has 4 posts to his name ? He started this thread and all his posts are here. I seems to me that he is just trying to get a reaction from you guys and make people paranoid for nothing.

Maybe he could talk about something more constructive ?

I&#39;m talking about construction of unstoppable peer2peer

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-13-2003, 03:24 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Have heard all this before.You want my address guz.....send it to the RIAA.I have posted it before on here for them.....what the f*** they going to do? <_<

Icey
03-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@13 March 2003 - 16:24
:sleeping:&nbsp; :sleeping:&nbsp; :sleeping:&nbsp; :sleeping:&nbsp; :sleeping:

Have heard all this before.You want my address guz.....send it to the RIAA.I have posted it before on here for them.....what the f*** they going to do? <_<
i&#39;m with u FC, fu*k them..