PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Mp3s

pressisa
04-03-2004, 08:37 AM
I really have no idea what is going on because about a week ago I downloaded a song from kazaa lite and the song started fine but in the middle it was completely corrupt. It started to make weird loud random noises. I thought it could be just one song but it ended up being like 1/2 of the songs I downloaded (even different artists/songs). I then thought there was something wrong w/ the software but then I tried different program and it did the same thing. any ideas????

supernico
04-03-2004, 08:43 AM
because the music companies make a lot of songs on kazaa corrupt.
Try blubster or e-donkey or soulseek, they got no fake/corrupted songs.
If you want to download single songs at amazing speeds try blubster
If you like to download full albums but slow speeds try soulseek

I like blubster the most for the fuckin amazin speeds.

Mr SoundTech
04-03-2004, 08:51 AM
well they wouldn't be able to do that if people would delete the junk files. I have none on my comp and if we all did it then we would find ones that worked.

delphin460
04-03-2004, 09:15 AM
in your search options, search for files with at least 192kb bitrate and you wont get nearly as many crap or fake files

supernico
04-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Mr SoundTech@3 April 2004 - 08:51
well they wouldn't be able to do that if people would delete the junk files. I have none on my comp and if we all did it then we would find ones that worked.
yes but the reality is that at this moment the fasttrack is full of fakes....so just use a network without fakes..

pressisa
04-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Oh alright... well thanks a lot. I'll try those other programs. I figured that companies would throw out corrupt songs to make it harder to get the real songs but when soooo many of the songs were corrupt I thought it had to be a problem with my computer. Well thanks again.

Adster
04-04-2004, 06:49 AM
stop talking shit there are never fakes on kazaa

RealitY
04-04-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Adster@3 April 2004 - 22:49
stop talking shit there are never fakes on kazaa
Ya really what the fk is the problem...
:P :P

delphin460
04-04-2004, 07:44 AM
what ppl dont realise is that by going to these other p2p ( blubster ect ) and taking your files with you , all you are doing is spreading the crap to other networks

with p2p like mldonkey and shareaza ( to name a few ) ect that connect to multiple networks, there is no way any network is safe from fakes ,

its up to us all to ditch the fakes and crap of our own comps, and not share shit

no network is clean, if you believe otherwise you are a fool

Adster
04-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@4 April 2004 - 17:44
what ppl dont realise is that by going to these other p2p ( blubster ect ) and taking your files with you , all you are doing is spreading the crap to other networks

with p2p like mldonkey and shareaza ( to name a few ) ect that connect to multiple networks, there is no way any network is safe from fakes ,

its up to us all to ditch the fakes and crap of our own comps, and not share shit

no network is clean, if you believe otherwise you are a fool
thats OK I can keep using soul seek to get my 3000 album off it

use Bit torrent to get movies

and use IRC for the new shit

not a problem at all ;)

and BTW never found a fake on either of them

RealitY
04-04-2004, 08:06 AM
Just so that you are clued in...

Fast Track Network, which encompasses Kazaa and others only hashes the first 3,000 bytes or so of a file, so thus EVEN if the file is verified the AA can dl it and then hex edit the file with crap and then proceed to ul it a million times over on the network and let it spread since they have the bandwidth to do so, this is generally why the screeching starts at 15 seconds or so on mp3's since thats where they have been altered, thus now the FAKE will swarm with the verified due to a shit hashing system which has been the biggest flaw on the network last time I checked. There was talk of upgrades to fix this but I don't know.

As for many of the other networks mentioned, they have much better hashing systems hashing the entire file, thus if someone were to edit the file anywhere it would appear as a different file and would NOT swarm with the original file.