PDA

View Full Version : Breed For Pc Is Out!

slimboyfatz
04-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Breed...the Halo beater..one of the first PC games to show off real Next-Gen graphics (that and Far Cry)...a game thats early screenshots just blew you away..the PC game u must own when released.........

....ooh but what went wrong, I was hoping for great things from this game (due to the fact an Xbox version is coming along), after seeing the various early screens of it...this looked like a game that would rock, but reading some reviews it looks like the PC version has really gone tits up!!! :(

Some reviewers saying the game aint even complete..that another 6 months playtesting may have produced something worth retailing...
Check out some of these reviews...it makes for sorry reading..heres hoping they sort this sorry mess out before the Xbox version comes around..

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/454452.asp

Below is a quote from a review on the 'Wicked Toast' gaming website -

Game play

When the game actually works, Breed is quite fun. The onslaught of aliens can encourage a sense of urgency and be rather exciting. That is until one of your squad mates gets stuck in a tree. After the nth time of rescuing one of my squad members from impaling himself on a nearby shrub I really had lost patience with them. Towards the end of the game I actually found myself going in solo while telling the rest of them to stay where they were while I did most of the work, just to keep them alive.

Then there are the bugs. Breed is infested with them. Getting stuck in scenery is a common occurrence and I've already spoken about the frequent crashing to desktop issues. One of them was so bad that I had to download a game save from the publishers web site to enable me to get past a mission as it kept on crashing at a certain point in the level. I'm sure some of you are finding this hard to believe and you may be thinking I'm reviewing preview code but I can assure you I am not. This is how the game has been released at retail!

Summary

Breed isn't finished. Not by a long, long way. It needs another 6 months of bug testing and development before it can be regarded as a 'game'. Right now it's a mess and CDV should be called to account for allowing this travesty to of a game grace any software emporium's shelf. I warn you now, do not buy this game!

bulio
04-03-2004, 08:09 PM
awesome!!!!!! :D

I will check it out and post some screenies here

RGX
04-03-2004, 08:49 PM
I actually quite liked the demo the graphics werent amazing but the gamplay wasnt bad. I may check it out if I have nothing decent to play.

Pitbul
04-04-2004, 12:42 AM
anyone know where to download it from? the full game not the demo?

bulio
04-04-2004, 12:56 AM
suprnova.org (bittorrent) mirc (irc)

gungrave
04-04-2004, 03:16 AM
will some one pm the link for it for suprnova/BT thanks
B)

slimboyfatz
04-04-2004, 09:23 AM
I think the last few posters did not get the juxt of my original post...ahh well!? :blink: :blink: :blink:

bucky
04-04-2004, 10:13 AM
It's not on "the scene" yet due to it's cd protection. ;)