PDA

View Full Version : Bf:v Being Cut

Smith
04-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Hello soldiers, yes, you may have seen this over at BFVFiles already, but I decided that it was so important that I would post it here! Dice has decided to CUT production of Battlefield Vietnam! This game has only been out for a week now, and its already done? Read the news article that relates to the subject
I found this news on the dutch Dice Forum:

We have heard the news today, and am asking for your help. We need to start a petition to Electronics Arts stating that the futhur development of BattleField: Vietnam would be worth the growing expense. Here is the section in the news we recieved in the mail:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have talked it over with our Accountant division, and after a large amount of research, and a cost-benifit analysis, we have come to the conclusion that funding the continuing development of BattleField: Vietnam through a series of patches and expansions is not worth the considerable amout of capital needed. Therefore we cannot condone the further development of this title, and request you stop spending recources on it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It continues to say:

Quote:
We believe that the current release is 100% complete, and completly bug-free. We feel that you should move ahead to the next title in the BattleField Series, as well as wrapping up development of the console versions, so we may ship them, and begin turning a profit.

source: bf1942files.com

haha!, i win, now i wont b missing out on much. take that ea u greedy bastards!!!!

a console version for ps2 would b kick ass!! cause my comp cant handle it.

stupid assholes, i didnt seethis comming from a mile away. thay are just gonna abadon everyone like the blood sucking money grabberes that they are!!

Mad Cat
04-04-2004, 06:58 PM
The same happened to Republic: The Revolution really. The devs just didn't bother patching it after release, and basically all but forgot about it.

BigBoo
04-04-2004, 07:07 PM
so the m60s gonna still dominate then?

Smith
04-04-2004, 08:02 PM
just goes to show how shallow ea is.

they wernt making as much money as they wanted so there just gonna put it out ofr all consoles.

bastards.

o well at least ill be able 2 play it smoothly for console

BigBoo
04-04-2004, 08:17 PM
they cant even tweak the weapons. what a set of selfish bastards. there isnt even enough levels.

Mad Cat
04-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by BigBoo@4 April 2004 - 20:17
they cant even tweak the weapons. what a set of selfish bastards. there isnt even enough levels.
Called a "community." Mod teams will eventually better the game, just sad that the publisher has forced it down this route.

RGX
04-04-2004, 11:35 PM
April fools :)

http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=118346&page=1

BigBoo
04-05-2004, 12:37 AM
damn now i fell pretty stupid. even if it is the 4th

blitz
04-05-2004, 02:45 AM
LOL, I was about to shit my pants.

Cl1mh4224rd
04-05-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by RGX@4 April 2004 - 18:35
April fools :)
Damn. Beat me to it. :)

bigdawgfoxx
04-05-2004, 03:37 AM
haha i posted this on another forum..i feel like a dipshit now hhahaa

Smith
04-06-2004, 01:21 AM
lol!! sorry guys, i figured it wouldnt b april fools considering it was on the 4th

damn, i guess ill still b plying normal old bf

Timz
04-06-2004, 02:43 AM
wow, what a bunch of quitters... but then again... the reason why they arent making their money is partially due to ppl like us ;) :unsure:

Mïcrösöül°V³
04-06-2004, 03:10 AM
hahahahahahah <_< consoles suck :P

Smith
04-06-2004, 11:39 PM
i think console bf or bf:v would b awsome. aside from the faxct their would be no mods, it would be cool

very little to no lag, and all the settings would be on high.

blitz
04-07-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Timz@6 April 2004 - 02:43
wow, what a bunch of quitters... but then again... the reason why they arent making their money is partially due to ppl like us ;) :unsure:
I bought it..... :unsure: