PDA

View Full Version : Bit Torrent Speed

threelions00
04-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Hi, i am using to supernova to download...and using Torrent Storm to monitor...this probably makes no sense at all! is there any way of speeding up the downloads..[torrent files are not allowed] Storm's help file isn't too helpful...not for me anyway...any suggestions...i use cable connection...

next on my list of want to know is this upload/download speed....what is that all about? i know what download is but this upload is perplexing me...i read on the forum that one guy lowered his upload rate and got a faster download rate...is this wise?

i am new to all this stuff so any help in anyway would be greatful...

good work fellas B)

4th gen
04-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Think of the download and upload of your connection as a two way road. Download is traffic coming to your computer, upload is information being sent from your computer. It is generally accepted with Bitt that if you increase your upload speed, your download speed should increase. However, there is a "choke point". This is quite simply the point at which you have too high an upload speed. This leads to your connection being choked, your download speed drops dramatically. Try setting your upload to 80% of your available upload bandwidth (So, if you have 32kB upload, try setting upload to 25kB)

hondarvf400
04-10-2004, 12:09 PM
the best way to get your max download speed is to set your max upload to about 10kb/s then your download should speed up, and when you have finished downloading set your upload to unlimited.

threelions00
04-10-2004, 12:47 PM
another stupid question...i am using torrent storm...can i adjust the upload speed with this piece of software?

hondarvf400
04-10-2004, 12:55 PM
i use abc and can, so you should try it, its good all the torrents in one window

threelions00
04-10-2004, 01:14 PM
ok thanks honda and gen, i'll take your advice but i'll finish the downloads i have going first then i will give it a try