PDA

View Full Version : Just Moved To Azureus..kinda Sucks

bilko
04-12-2004, 01:56 PM
ok ok im sure you guys can help me like this app a little more but i have problems with it

i like the interface thing, i used shadows for a while and nows its good to have it all in one application

however despite setting my upload to 10kbps each torrent i connect too only uploads at 1 - 2K? I did set my upload speed in the config - transfer section but no joy.

Also my speeds are terrible compared to what i had with shadows, every d/l i'd try would get me in the high teens but now i can hardly reach 10 k

can anyone help?

SingaBoiy
04-12-2004, 04:15 PM
These setting depend on alot of thing.
If you are using TorrentBits to get your files, they changed the ports they use.

however despite setting my upload to 10kbps each torrent i connect too only uploads at 1 - 2K?
Were you setting it to total of 10 for each? Are there any other people trying to get the file off of you? Whats your internet connection?

bilko
04-12-2004, 04:50 PM
i have a 1meg line, i'd get around 10k each
at the moment i have 4 torrents going, only one of them is uploading over 1kbps!
i can understand the low d/l speed maybe but why am i uploading so slowly

SingaBoiy
04-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Where are you trying to get the files from and is anyone trying to get the file off of you?

bilko
04-12-2004, 05:27 PM
i just uninstalled it, tried ABC - A LOT nicer
Im getting batter speeds and can control my upload better, with the same torrents i tried with azuerus

Only probs with ABC is the resume time, takes an age checking existing data

SingaBoiy
04-12-2004, 05:54 PM
I tried ABC for awhile but I prefer BitTornado. Have you tried it yet?

vivitron 15
04-12-2004, 06:49 PM
the upload limit in azureus is actually a global limit - the total of all uls, so you should set it to 40 in your case (for 4 torrents @10K) - or just set it to 80% of your total ul speed

bilko
04-12-2004, 07:08 PM
yeah i was using bit tornado up till abc
i see what ya saying about azuerus but i think im an abc fan now

thanks for the helps guys