PDA

View Full Version : Bittornado And Shadows Experimental

abu_has_the_power
04-12-2004, 09:36 PM
i'm using bittornado, and it's the same with shadow's experimental. is there supposed to a difference? :huh: :blink: :blink:
and r there any progs like torrentstorm and abc that compile the torrents using the bittornado core?

Broken
04-12-2004, 11:16 PM
From what I've learned so far there is only two types of BT client out there. Those that allow a single download at a time (not including running mutiple instances of the same program) and those that allow multiple torrents and once.

Some offer some nice features but None are faster than the others. Dispite what people say, they are run at basicly the same speed. The more upload you give to the torrent the faster your download will be. This is part of the python script that the original client is written in and all the others use.

Just find a client that you like, use it, and give all the bandwith you can for the best results.

abu_has_the_power
04-12-2004, 11:18 PM
if higher upld speed means higher dl speed, y is it that the only way 4 me to reach 400kb/s is if u share at 3kb/s?

Broken
04-12-2004, 11:26 PM
I am guessing that you don't reach this speed too othen.

It depends on the number of seeds and leachers and the other users upload settings.

The tracker will look for the best peer to seed the data to. If you are give 3 and everyone else is giving 1 or just leeching you will get the best downloand rate based on your upload rate.

The other possiblilty would be that there are more seed than leachers (rare). In this case more people would be sending the data than those that need it resulting in some really awsume download rates.

cooki
04-12-2004, 11:47 PM
bittornado is just the new version of shadows.

the last experiment version was S-5.8.11 i think
and bittornado is like S-6

it will soon have all downloads in one window

bilko
04-13-2004, 12:33 PM
like abc that uses the same core, use abc dudes!