PDA

View Full Version : New Ngage

winXPHE
04-15-2004, 05:39 AM
check this out!!! (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/13/news_6093447.html)

Monkeee
04-15-2004, 05:58 AM
anyone know if n-gage is worth buying? is the multiplayer any good? do we have to pay monthly for the multiplayer?

Mad Cat
04-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Monkeee@15 April 2004 - 05:58
anyone know if n-gage is worth buying? is the multiplayer any good? do we have to pay monthly for the multiplayer?
Its only within about a 10m range, it is free too. Like the multiplayer on a PS2 (2+ controllers).

Monkeee
04-15-2004, 08:47 AM
wait so the chances of even connecting to someone is like about 0 right :lol:

Snee
04-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Uh, pocket kingdom is supposed to be online over gprs, which means that there will be players all over the world to contend with, and the same should be true for a couple of other games as well

As for the QD, well, I bought my n-gage to replace my old one, and its inbuilt mp3-player. So the QD kinda' blows.

But, if it runs with the same os (symbian) and if you can use a headset, then there should be the possibility of using an mp3 player anyway. The radio can't be replaced though(which isn't really a problem, 'cuz, let's face it, radio sucks).

fred devliegher
04-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Wasn't the N-gage dead from day one ?

You've got to admire them for trying, but without games the console will hardly take off, new design or not.

Snee
04-15-2004, 06:45 PM
It's worth buying if you buy it for more things than just gaming, I mean sonicN and tombraider are quite good on this format considering it's portable and everything. And there are of course a host of compatible java and sis games, some that are rather good. not to mention the fact that you can get a bunch of games (like tr and sonic n) through p2p and mount them with the blizzard proggie on a 128mb card for instance, and still have room for some music or a movie (90 min~50mb).

Its strength lies in the other stuff it can do, music, film, e-books, there are apps for it that makes it really versatile. It has an os kinda' like a palm computer, so you can install and customize(and get trojans while surfing the web, through gprs).

The QD, though, seems to have been made just a little bit less useful.