PDA

View Full Version : I Dont Get It

Esal
04-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Ok, ive got a top of the line machine. Its a compaq presario 8000. 3gz pentium4, radeon 9700, 512 ram, 80 gig HD, windowsxp, reletivly new computer. Some games play fine, perfectly, never any problems. Ive beaten max payne, spinter cell, warcraft 3, halo, all no problem. How ever some games just wont fucking work. I can get them to work for awhile, but then, they start acting up. For example, far cry. I played the game through about 75%, no problem at all. But then all the sudden, i tried to start it, and my machine restarted. I tried again, and same thing. So i uninstalled and reinstalled, played fine,no problems anymore.\. Played it for an hour or so, left for awhile, came back to play a few hours later, try to start, and as soon as it tries to start it crashes my computer. Reinstalling seems to fix the problem for awhile, i can play, exit, open it, and itll work, but then about 2 hours later, itll start shit again. What is this? Same thing happened with call of duty, and is now happening with pandora tomorrow. Anyone have something like this happen with them too? If someone can suggest a site where this port might be more apporpriate please do.

joeyipod
04-16-2004, 08:01 AM
i'm suggestion is reformat your computer buddy its the only real way to kill this problem..

I know it will take 1/2 a day at most but it will be worth it.

Also keep in mind try to refrain yourself from download to much trash and installing it. Also install things you ONLY need. Keep your machine top notch and conflicts/errors.

Thats the best advice i can give you at this point in time.

(Don't forget to get updates/patches for and devices or games you have)

Esal
04-17-2004, 12:09 AM
reformatting didnt fix the call of cuty or far cry problem, but only takes like an hour. I just hate doing that cause I have to reinstall all the shit I had before. Ive got all latest drivers and Dx9b, and do have latest versions of games.

joeyipod
04-17-2004, 01:44 AM
so you reformatted and still didn't fix these problems?!?

is there something you might have added to your computer like a new graphic card or sound card anything..

if you reformatted and still get the problem it most certainly would be a hardware problem. this is a problem i need to see eye's and hands on i would defidently would be able to figure it out.

But yeh try to think back if you recently added anything to your computer or tweaked it maybe that when these problems started.

Mïcrösöül°V³
04-17-2004, 04:53 AM
i believe your vid card may be taking a shit. mine did the same thing, and i had an ATI 9500 pro, it was just a shitty card. try a different card and see if it happens again ;)

Mïcrösöül°V³
04-17-2004, 04:55 AM
its really amazing what a bad vid card can do to your system. it took me 2 weeks to figure it out, then i got a new one (same make 9500 pro) and i have never seen that problem again.

4th gen
04-17-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Esal@15 April 2004 - 21:51
Ok, ive got a top of the line machine. Its a compaq presario 8000. 3gz pentium4, radeon 9700, 512 ram, 80 gig HD, windowsxp
Not at all related to the topic, but that's not top of the line :lol: