PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Lights?

keyser_soze
04-18-2004, 07:55 PM
where can I find what the coloured lights mean in BT?

uNz[i]
04-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Click on the light and all will be revealed.

Broken
04-18-2004, 11:36 PM
The LED may be in one of six states.

Blank - The download is not running or the downloader does not support status LEDs.

Black - Waiting to connect to the tracker.

If the LED remains black for a long time, the server tracking this file may not be responding, or this torrent is no longer available. Unless you recieve an error message indicating otherwise, leave the torrent connected, and TorrentStorm will continue to attempt to communicate with the server.

Red - The downloader had been unable to connect to any other clients.

If the LED remains red for some time, the torrent may no longer be available for download.

Yellow - The downloader has not received any incoming connections.

This may be due to your computer being behind a firewall or router which is blocking the incoming connections. TorrentStorm will work ok in this state, but if you can enable access for incoming connections, this will improve your download rates.

Blue - There are no complete copies of the file you are downloaded among the clients you are currently connected to.

This may mean you will be unable to complete your download. It could be that there are other clients with the complete file out there, but you are not connected to them at this time.

Green - The torrent is downloading correctly.

RealitY
04-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Broken@18 April 2004 - 15:36
Yellow - The downloader has not received any incoming connections.
Well yellow can connect to others, although to my uderstanding this means that your ports are not properly fowarded or closed somehow as mentioned.

Also any of the clients should work in this state although when you are in yellow status you cannot connect to other user in a similar status meaning less sources and slower speeds...

oldjagman
04-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Try a client like Azureus and you will get info as to file status.

keyser_soze
04-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Cool thanks I realised after posting about clicking the traffic light showed up the meanings, I have a bit of trouble seeding just trying to get my head round it :D

keyser_soze
04-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Should I be getting a red light when seeding? I've created the torrent as far as I can make out correctly and uploaded to a board, I nevr seem to get any1 trying to dload the torrent and my light is always red but when I check up on the board I get a list of ppl who has tried to d/load it :frusty:
Any body any suggestions or could some1 pm me or go on messenger and check the torrents working plse.

keyser_soze
04-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Its ok its working now :)