PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Rpg

Ninja Monkey
04-20-2004, 01:49 AM
Here's my vision of the ultimate RPG. When you'd lock onto an enemy, you would fight in the vein of Soul Calibur. The A,B,X & Y or whatever would work as attack 1, attack 2, kick, and block. You would learn abilities from weapons, and armor. Fighters would learn combos, while mages would learn magic attacks cast in a more Streat Fighter way by assigning certain abilities to, say, quarter-circle back + attack 1, or back, forward + kick. Theives would learn the basic pick pocketing, lock picking, and other classic theif skills. You could upgrade to more complex classes much in a Final Fantasy Tactics kind of way, and they'd all have different abilities to learn. I'll just stop there, and leave the rest of combat, as well as story, social structure, and other aspects open for conversation. Please feal free to suggest an entirely different combat system. Just make sure you're more specific than "lots of characters" or "Good Story".

Bowen747x
04-20-2004, 12:27 PM
thats nice B)

Cheese
04-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Lots of sexy ninja robots would be essential.

Pitbul
04-21-2004, 07:11 AM
everything KOTOR was, except make it have Third person shooter style where you have control over what and where you shoot. like Jedia Academy but without the suckyness

Dray_04
04-21-2004, 08:26 AM
KOTOR was so detailed...i couldnt believe it ay....

passed it on the Light Side ....easily... started a Dark Side campaign but got bored cause i know what would happen

pc-gamer-dude
04-21-2004, 12:03 PM
the perfect rpg would be a completely real-world sittuation set in morrowind time (only in a pirates of the carribean time) where you could buy and mantain a boat and crew, or be a freelance adveneterer or whatever you wanted. it would have an online mode avaible (although you wouldnt catch me dead playing it online), there would be infinate possibilities for classes.. everything. in it the graphics would be perfect without needing FSAA and AF on (as in better then Far Cry on a radeon 9800 xt). the sound would be completely in spec with todays world (accoring to quality compared to a THX movie).

just some of my thoughts on the perfect rpg. feel free to add anything i didnt manage to think of.

Dray_04
04-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@22 April 2004 - 00:03
the perfect rpg would be a completely real-world sittuation set in morrowind time (only in a pirates of the carribean time) where you could buy and mantain a boat and crew, or be a freelance adveneterer or whatever you wanted. it would have an online mode avaible (although you wouldnt catch me dead playing it online), there would be infinate possibilities for classes.. everything. in it the graphics would be perfect without needing FSAA and AF on (as in better then Far Cry on a radeon 9800 xt). the sound would be completely in spec with todays world (accoring to quality compared to a THX movie).

just some of my thoughts on the perfect rpg. feel free to add anything i didnt manage to think of.
you forgot to mention the ending part.... where ya save britney spears... she gives ya a good reward...mmmm.... realtime :drool: and the graphics on her wud be sharper than what she looks like in her Toxic video....mmm... :drool:

Bowen747x
04-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by dray_02@21 April 2004 - 09:22
...mmmm.... realtime :drool: and ....mmm... :drool:
so ur drooling over the idea of a digital image of a woman w/ fake breasts :lol: :lol:

Ninja Monkey
04-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul@21 April 2004 - 07:11
everything KOTOR was, except make it have Third person shooter style where you have control over what and where you shoot. like Jedia Academy but without the suckyness
Well, I don't think third person shooter style would work in a KOTOR-like engine, since it is actually turn-based. It would have to be an action RPG. I'd deffinately give archers and other ranged-combatants the abilty to switch to this mode. When locking onto an enemy, your character would be in the left side of the screen like Vice City in order to make you feel more like your pressing back & forward rather than left & right when executing quarter-circle/back,forward moves. It would feel akward at first, but you'd get used to it.