PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Win Xp

Rizindon
04-22-2004, 08:39 PM
i just installed a new verswion of xp pro with beta sp2 now when i open internet explorer it shows an error saying

'Your current securtiy settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result the page not be displayed correctly.'

ive disabled the new xp firewall thign that wasnt there before so how do i enable the activex controls plz help

Jg427
04-22-2004, 09:07 PM
In IE
Tools > internet options > security
click on custom level
settings > run active x controls and plug ins : enable

firefox
04-22-2004, 09:37 PM
just a suggestion, do what Jg427 said, but you should really not install the beta stuff anyway wait for the final releas of the service pack. You would have gotten the error with the final anyway more than likely because in SP2 they are going to enable all security.

tesco
04-22-2004, 10:40 PM
do what the first poster said, it MIGHT fix teh problem, although it didnt for me.

but just so you know, your probably not using the latest version of SP2, which is RC1, and they have fixed this problem in it...

you can probably find SP2 RC1 on kazaa or bittorrent or something but if all else fails just add me on msn messenger ([email protected]) and I will send you the express setup which is only like 3mb, but during the setup it downloads the files for you so it adds up to be a lot more...