PDA

View Full Version : Ok Stop It Now

JONNO_CELEBS
04-24-2004, 11:36 PM
All this talk of Canada and the seals thing, it's a bit stupid really, every country with a coastline does it and I think it's unfair to keep poping coments at Canada.

Why don't we start on the countries that don't look after their people? Or the countries that eat dogs?, tie their legs behind their heads breaking their legs and hanging them up while still alive, Veal eaters, and all the other animals that are treated badly. Just stop with the Anit-Canada stuff.

Please :)

Jonno B)

DanB
04-24-2004, 11:41 PM
:blink: :blink:

J'Pol
04-24-2004, 11:42 PM
What about slitting a cow's throat and letting it bleed to death.

That's another good one.

Chevy
http://filesharingtalk.com/style_images/FST/t_reply.gif or http://filesharingtalk.com/style_images/FST/t_new.gif :blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
You kinda have to have read several different threads, but some will know what I'm talking about :)

Jonno B)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-24-2004, 11:58 PM
;) I am going to eat a seal if it is cooked right.I do not see what the Problem is. :huh:

JONNO_CELEBS
04-25-2004, 12:03 AM
yeah but you're the exception :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

brotherdoobie
04-25-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@24 April 2004 - 18:58
;) I am going to eat a seal if it is cooked right.I do not see what the Problem is. :huh:
Quit being a pussy......Eat it raw Funky ;)

Peace brotherdoobie

Yogi
04-25-2004, 11:23 AM
It is not just the killing of the babyseals, it'is the way it is done and the fact

Canada allows it.

I won't stop.

It is sooo sick!!!

If you want to do your peace on human rights, Jonno, that is your right.

So:

Stop the killing of seals in Canada In few weeks time the seal hunt will start all over again in Newfoundland. Last year The Ministry of Fisheries and Oceans exceeded their quota by 32,000 animals and their estimate of a "sustainable" hunt by more than 50,000.
The hunters, armed with clubs and other illegal weapons, beat to death the baby hooded and harp seals in front their mothers, who often die trying to save their pups. Male adults often are left to bleed to death after have their penises brutally removed to export to countries such as Japan where they are used as aphrodisiacs.
The most shocking evidence comes from 2001, when an international team of Veterinarians who witnessed the hunt, perfomed post-mortem examinations among some carcasses chosen randomly and proved that a 42% of those seals where skinned alive !!!
This is the largest mammal killing in the world and there is no excuse for such a massacre or for the torture of these beautiful living beings. It only gives Canada a bad name as a primitive nation profiting from the fur of baby seals.Please, we urge you to stop allowing and supporting the killing of Canadian wildlife in such horrific way!

Yogi

Yogi
04-25-2004, 11:49 AM
"The fur trade is the most insidious source of prejudice against native peoples. The Fur Institute of Canada and the government drag token Indians all over Europe to get support for the white fashion and fur industry as if natives were some sort of noble gods. In contrast, back at home, they cut education programs that could get natives out of subsistence jobs like fur trapping."
Paul Hollingsworth, founder Native/Animal Brotherhood
After a decade of lackluster sales and plummeting profits, the fur industry is shamelessly attempting to justify its bloody trade by claiming to care about indigenous people.

The fur wars of the 1970s and 1980s permanently linked fur, in the minds of consumers, with the barbaric cruelty of steel-jawed traps and the hideous cramped confinement of cage-raised furbearers. With increasing numbers of compassionate people turning their backs on cruelty, the fur industry now alleges to support the traditional trapping lifestyle of aboriginal people. While some indigenous cultures have trapped animals for sustenance, killing animals for the sake of fashion and vanity is irreconcilable with indigenous philosophies of respect for the land and the animals.

The Native/Animal Brotherhood notes that the fur industry is anti-traditional and that the fur industry was a primary force behind the historical subjugation of native peoples. Paul Hollingsworth, founder of the Native/Animal Brotherhood states: "For 300 years the native people have been tools of the fur trade. The fur trade took our land, our culture, and our animal brothers. Once we were one with Mother Earth and all her creatures. It's time we listened to the animals' voices instead of trading in their blood.”

According to Statistics Canada, only 3% of all fur available for sale in North America comes from native trapping. Making an average of $225 per year from the sale of animal skins, aboriginal trappers are paid a pittance for doing the dirty, exhausting, bloody work of an industry that cares nothing about the indigenous people and even less about the animals. While the fur industry claims that aboriginal survival depends on trapping and the sale of fur, clearly, the continuation of trapping as the sole source of income will keep aboriginal people below even subsistence-level incomes.

Image Resized
[img]http://www.furisdead.com/images/tigerfurdemobig.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://www.furisdead.com/images/tigerfurdemobig.jpg')

100%
04-25-2004, 12:06 PM
If fried the right way
Dolphin meat can be quit nice

JONNO_CELEBS
04-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Yogi I never said I was for it, I said it's unfair to keep ragging on Canada when ever country does something wrong, yes even yours :)
And although I am 100% against any kind of cruelty to animals, no one seems to mind a chicken having it's head cut off while still alive, cow's being bread to slaughter, Beagles being destroyed at 4 y/o because they are not fast enough for the hunt, sharks having their fins cut off then thrown back alive to just rot, whales being hunted, dog's being eaten, kangaroo's being slaughtered, the list is endless and there's is nothing we can do about it. Greenpeace do what they do, they put human lives at stake for their beliefes and we cheer them on, Muslims do the same and we bomb them, goverments building warheads instead of feeding and housing their people, drugs being sold legally in one country making it easier to traffic them elsewhere, tree's being cut down for paper you put in your printed, matches to light your fag, the sea ed being stripped clean of all life for a few cockles and prawns, sand being dredged to make bricks, slabs etc, damaging the sea bed and ultimately damaging our lands.

My point is, Canada is only one country and I dare say that those doing this hunting are not all Canadian.

Jonno B)

J'Pol
04-25-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 April 2004 - 13:15
cow's being bread to slaughter,
Cows are herbivores, how do you breed them to slaughter.

I have seen a cow a bit angry, if you turn off it's favourite TV programme for example. However I cannot see them actually slaughter anything.

Yogi
04-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 April 2004 - 14:15
Yogi I never said I was for it, I said it's unfair to keep ragging on Canada when ever country does something wrong, yes even yours :)
And although I am 100% against any kind of cruelty to animals, no one seems to mind a chicken having it's head cut off while still alive, cow's being bread to slaughter, Beagles being destroyed at 4 y/o because they are not fast enough for the hunt, sharks having their fins cut off then thrown back alive to just rot, whales being hunted, dog's being eaten, kangaroo's being slaughtered, the list is endless and there's is nothing we can do about it. Greenpeace do what they do, they put human lives at stake for their beliefes and we cheer them on, Muslims do the same and we bomb them, goverments building warheads instead of feeding and housing their people, drugs being sold legally in one country making it easier to traffic them elsewhere, tree's being cut down for paper you put in your printed, matches to light your fag, the sea ed being stripped clean of all life for a few cockles and prawns, sand being dredged to make bricks, slabs etc, damaging the sea bed and ultimately damaging our lands.

My point is, Canada is only one country and I dare say that those doing this hunting are not all Canadian.

Jonno B)
I heard you , Jonno.

And as i said, if you want to discuss other country's issues or discuss the

consumption of meat, feel free to do so!!

As i feel free to keep bashing Canada for the way they treat babyseals.

Yogi

JONNO_CELEBS
04-25-2004, 12:44 PM
:rolleyes: Very good :rolleyes:

Anyway, you never seen a cow charge at someone? :ph34r:

Jonno B)

Edit: Yogi........Then you better start bashing England, Scotland, Ireland, Iceland, and about 50 other countries that do exactly the same thing, only reason you're fired up is cos Canada is on the news. You're catogourising Canadians, thats unfair, would be like branding you a drug dealer cos you're Dutch.
Not fighting you here mate, just dissagreeing :)

Yogi
04-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 April 2004 - 14:44
:rolleyes: Very good :rolleyes:

Anyway, you never seen a cow charge at someone? :ph34r:

Jonno B)

Edit: Yogi........Then you better start bashing England, Scotland, Ireland, Iceland, and about 50 other countries that do exactly the same thing, only reason you're fired up is cos Canada is on the news. You're catogourising Canadians, thats unfair, would be like branding you a drug dealer cos you're Dutch.
Not fighting you here mate, just dissagreeing :)
So my neighbor beating his wife should not be discussed, because millions of men

do the same??? :blink:

And how did you know i push drugs??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi

Btw. i catagorize Canada, not canadians.

I am sure a lot of canadians are quite ashamed of wat their gov. does.

JONNO_CELEBS
04-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Cos you sold me some last week :lol:

No I'm not saying that at all, I agree with you Yogi I really do, I'm a member of the UK Seal Sanctuary, I've rescued many seals, I've surfed along side them, I love seals, what I'm saying is it's not fair to just rag on Canada without doing the same to the others that do it, if your neighbour was beating his wife the disscussion would soon turn onto wife beating in general because it's one case out of millions.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you are upsetting Canadians by putting every Canadian in the same dock and hanging them all.

Jonno B)

Yogi
04-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 April 2004 - 15:04
Cos you sold me some last week :lol:

No I'm not saying that at all, I agree with you Yogi I really do, I'm a member of the UK Seal Sanctuary, I've rescued many seals, I've surfed along side them, I love seals, what I'm saying is it's not fair to just rag on Canada without doing the same to the others that do it, if your neighbour was beating his wife the disscussion would soon turn onto wife beating in general because it's one case out of millions.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you are upsetting Canadians by putting every Canadian in the same dock and hanging them all.

Jonno B)
You must have missed my edit. ;)

Yogi

And i allready knew you were trying to protect Nikki.

thewizeard
04-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@25 April 2004 - 13:10

Are you trying to suggest that is what NikkiD does when she is not modding the board? :)

Virtualbody1234
04-25-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm Canadian and I have never hurt a baby seal.

@SensualBarfing, You seem to be posting off topic in this thread. It's about:
[Stopping the "All this talk of Canada and the seals thing"].

JONNO_CELEBS
04-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by SensualBarfing@25 April 2004 - 13:10

:ph34r: Shuddup :ph34r:

I saw your edit, I'm telling you what I know :) Not what I think, although it's what I think too :) :P

So just agree with me and shut ya face :P :lol:

Jonno B)

Mad Cat
04-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@25 April 2004 - 13:25
You seem to be posting off topic in this thread.
Welcome to the Lounge pal. Leave your shoes by the door please.

Snee
04-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 April 2004 - 00:36
All this talk of Canada and the seals thing, it's a bit stupid really, every country with a coastline does it and I think it's unfair to keep poping coments at Canada.
We don't club seals. :huh:

in fact, we've been trying to push the norweigians to stop, and them and the Japanese to stop hunting whales, now that people have noticed the canadians killin' seals, it's a big deal? is it 'cuz it's so close to the US?

Clubbin&#39; seals for fun n&#39; profit <_< (http://pages.sbcglobal.net/bryanbaskin/clubbing.html)

Mad Cat
04-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Revenge (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/149398)

sexfem
04-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Just another bandwagon to jump on. If I was you Snny I would lie low. Now that Sweden has become the most affluent country in the world, they will be lining up to knock your country down. Sadly that is the nature of some people. :(

JONNO_CELEBS
04-25-2004, 01:38 PM
You prolly have done at some point Mr.S , some countries see them as vermin , this is partly true from a humans POV because they do carry a dealy desiese for humans if your bitten and not treated but the way I see it is they live in the water and on the coast, we are not designed for water so it&#39;s their home WE are invading.

And I know Sweeden are very anti killing etc, which is great :)
I believe in natural culling, letnature take it&#39;s course, and we are hardly a species to maon about over population are we? :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

Mad Cat
04-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Probably the wrong time to post this, but megh. (http://www.newgrounds.com/seals/index.html)

Snee
04-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Everybody has done something at some point, sometimes to each other, everybody ain&#39;t laggin&#39; behind on this issue though.

EDit: I just know I&#39;m about to get bashed with some unjustice perpetrated by my country, right about now. :unsure:

JONNO_CELEBS
04-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Yeah true :)

Bottom line is this world is run by humans who think their above everything else on the planet yet how long would we last without nature :)

Jonno B)

sexfem
04-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 April 2004 - 13:44
Yeah true :)

Bottom line is this world is run by humans who think their above everything else on the planet yet how long would we last without nature :)

Jonno B)
You have got to obey nature Jonno. If the wee burd didnae shite it would burst. :)

DanB
04-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@25 April 2004 - 14:25
I&#39;m Canadian and I have never hurt a baby seal.

@SensualBarfing, You seem to be posting off topic in this thread. It&#39;s about:
[Stopping the "All this talk of Canada and the seals thing"].
I haven&#39;t seen the topic where people started talking about it <_<

JONNO_CELEBS
04-25-2004, 01:52 PM
I&#39;m a surfer Sexfem, I respect everything Nature offers because I know I&#39;m a tiny tiny piece of this planet and I&#39;m no more important than the fish in the sea or the wind in the tree&#39;s :)

No I&#39;m not stoned :rolleyes: Yet :lol:

Jonno B)

J'Pol
04-25-2004, 02:34 PM
I am more concerned about the starvation of countless men, woman and children throughout the world than I am about seals.

I am concerned about the poverty and miserable conditions that some people (countless millions) have to live in, all over the world.

I do not think that battering seals to death is acceptable. If culling is required then there must surely be a more humane way of doing it. However as I have also stated earlier there are more humane ways to kill a cow than to slit it&#39;s throat and let it bleed to death but we allow that.

In essence, I think needless cruelty to animals is horrendous. However what energy and resources I have available will be spent in attempting to assist other human beings first.

All power to those whose priorities are different, I wish you well in your campaigns.

PS I am also arrogant enough to consider my life more important than the wind in the trees.

Snee
04-25-2004, 03:29 PM
I don&#39;t think anyone who posted in this thread is pro-misery, human or otherwise, and this particular issue is most likely not even among the most grave matters concerning our world, all things considered.

Nevertheless, it&#39;s a wrong that needs to be righted.

J'Pol
04-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@25 April 2004 - 16:29
I don&#39;t think anyone who posted in this thread is pro-misery, human or otherwise, and this particular issue is most likely not even among the most grave matters concerning our world, all things considered.

Nevertheless, it&#39;s a wrong that needs to be righted.
Absolutely.

I was just expressing my opinion and explaining where my resources go.

Like I said, good luck to those who campaign in other areas.

Snee
04-25-2004, 03:59 PM
guess we&#39;re on the same page then.

JONNO_CELEBS
04-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Which would be page 3..........Get ya tits out for the lads :lol: :lol:

@JP...........But without the wind in the tree&#39;s you would not be able to breath, therefore you would be dead, therefore you would&#39;nt give a shit what was going on :)

I think I&#39;m gonna go into politics :)

And slap people :)

Jonno B)

J'Pol
04-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@25 April 2004 - 17:25
Which would be page 3..........Get ya tits out for the lads :lol: :lol:

@JP...........But without the wind in the tree&#39;s you would not be able to breath, therefore you would be dead, therefore you would&#39;nt give a shit what was going on :)

I think I&#39;m gonna go into politics :)

And slap people :)

Jonno B)
No Jonno, without the air I would be dead.

I don&#39;t particularly need it to be moving thro&#39; trees.

http://www.hobbies-plus.co.uk/acatalog/GMC849.jpg

JONNO_CELEBS
04-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Yeah but if it did&#39;nt move thru the tree&#39;s then it would&#39;nt be there :rolleyes: :lol:

Hope you guys are paying attention, this is whats known as "Last Word Syndrome" :lol:

Jonno B)