PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Change The Rules....

Busyman
04-28-2004, 10:54 PM
I would add a 4 pointer in basketball behind the half court line.

It would make a team extend their defense out farther in a close game.

I would also put a time on "at bats" in baseball.

Not ready...then too bad. STTTRRRRIIIIKE!!!

SillyRumours
04-28-2004, 11:01 PM
i'd allow video referees for football, and introduce punishment by Roberto Carlos freekick for divers

hobbes
04-29-2004, 03:41 AM
I would stop the clock at the end of every play in football and lower the playclock to 15 seconds.

I want the game to be all no huddle and make the quarterbacks make the call.

DWk
04-29-2004, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by SillyRumours@28 April 2004 - 16:01
introduce punishment by Roberto Carlos freekick for divers
:rolleyes: wow that's really cruel :ghostface:

4th gen
04-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Real slicks in F1. Greater reliance on mechanical grip rather than aerodynamic downforce. Inherent positive pitch in F1 chassis, as to decrease chances of cars taking flight.

Busyman
04-29-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by 4th gen@28 April 2004 - 23:52
Real slicks in F1. Greater reliance on mechanical grip rather than aerodynamic downforce. Inherent positive pitch in F1 chassis, as to decrease chances of cars taking flight.
Yea...uh...what he said? :blink: :blink:

BigBank_Hank
04-29-2004, 04:32 AM
I'd change all those stupid celebration rules in the NFL. Players can't even breathe hard after the make a great play or they'll get an unsportsman like conduct. Just let them play the damn game already enough with all the nit pick rules :angry:

Busyman
04-29-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 00:32
I'd change all those stupid celebration rules in the NFL. Players can't even breathe hard after the make a great play or they'll get an unsportsman like conduct. Just let them play the damn game already enough with all the nit pick rules :angry:
I second that and also add that if the fans can see a blown call on big screen and on the replay at home then by golly the refs should chnage a call if it is as plain as daylight.

hobbes
04-29-2004, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 05:32
Now way guys, I want see the pure excitement a player has, don't handcuff that.

Let's abort those pre-meditated, orchestrated endzone celebrations and mobile phone conversations.

I want to see a player show some excitement after a big play, but I also do respect the sportsmanship of players like Barry Sanders who hands the ball to the official and walks away.

We need both veteran class and youthful enthusiasm.

j4y3m
04-29-2004, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by SillyRumours@28 April 2004 - 23:01
i'd allow video referees for football, and introduce punishment by Roberto Carlos freekick for divers
what he said

Barbarossa
04-29-2004, 10:05 AM
The Olympic Games should all be done in the nude like it was in Ancient Greek times.

With them going back to Athens (maybe! :P ) I think this would be an appropriate move...

Nogimics
04-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by barbarossa@29 April 2004 - 10:05
The Olympic Games should all be done in the nude like it was in Ancient Greek times.

With them going back to Athens (maybe! :P ) I think this would be an appropriate move...
What he said but only the women :D

Also:

and for them to change back the offside rule.

SillyRumours
04-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Nogimics@29 April 2004 - 14:37
and for them to change back the offside rule.
i have mixed feelings about this, i understand what they tried to do with the changes, but they do make offside more complicated - but the best move would probably be to scrap the 'inactive' rules altogether, keep it simple stupids

also, i think for tennis the courts and rackets should be halved, for no real reason, it just seems like a good idea

Barbarossa
04-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Nogimics+29 April 2004 - 14:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nogimics @ 29 April 2004 - 14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-barbarossa@29 April 2004 - 10:05

With them going back to Athens (maybe!&nbsp; :P ) I think this would be an appropriate move...
What he said but only the women :D

[/b][/quote]
Men for comedy value.. Imagine the 100m sprint... :lol:

Rappy
04-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Put replay in baseball
Give the umpires less power
Stop the stupid warning the benches thing where a pitcher is thrown out of the game if he hits someone when the umpire issues a warning
Bring DH to the national league i know people don&#39;t like it but just about the rest of the leagues in the world use it

BigBank_Hank
04-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+28 April 2004 - 23:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 28 April 2004 - 23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@29 April 2004 - 05:32
I&#39;d change all those stupid celebration rules in the NFL. Players can&#39;t even breathe hard after the make a great play or they&#39;ll get an unsportsman like conduct. Just let them play the damn game already enough with all the nit pick rules :angry:
Now way guys, I want see the pure excitement a player has, don&#39;t handcuff that.

Let&#39;s abort those pre-meditated, orchestrated endzone celebrations and mobile phone conversations.

I want to see a player show some excitement after a big play, but I also do respect the sportsmanship of players like Barry Sanders who hands the ball to the official and walks away.

We need both veteran class and youthful enthusiasm. [/b][/quote]
I didn&#39;t care for the Joe Horn thing myself. But I did think that when Terrell Owens grabbed that cheerleaders pom poms and started to dance was classic. Stuff like that and the Lambeau leap are great because they&#39;re spontaneous and add excitement to the game.

jetje
04-29-2004, 10:47 PM
in soccer i would make play time of two half hours and stop the clock when a guy has been "fouled" and act like he&#39;s dying... it would give more pace to the game and get rid of killing the time by faking injuries.

Also i would make the linesmen referee in the field and give them each a half to cover, with one general referee...
Start giving advandage to attackers when they doubt ofside..
let the 4th official check video if it&#39;s very important decission....

well probably soccer (european football) is pretty conversative in changing the rules ;)

In F1, i would stop the rule that if one is lapped he has to go aside and leave the guy overlapping himn go by... it&#39;s racing for christ sake let them fight for the place.
It would give more excitement in the race.
Also give points to everyone that finishes, so their will be a "fight" for the 12th place too.

In volleybal, get rid of the netservice and make it a foul again, also get rid of the libero.

Womens basketbal, hang the ring lower, if they could dunk the game might get a bit more attractive... it&#39;s simple women don&#39;t jump as high as men...

well that&#39;s it for now, have plenty more ideas though :P

Busyman
04-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by jetje@29 April 2004 - 18:47
Womens basketbal, hang the ring lower, if they could dunk the game might get a bit more attractive... it&#39;s simple women don&#39;t jump as high as men...

Never thought of that.

It makes sense. They play with a smaller basketball so why not?

SillyRumours
04-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by jetje@29 April 2004 - 22:47
in soccer i would make play time of two half hours
:o that&#39;s a whole half-hour less of football&#33;

jetje
04-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by SillyRumours+30 April 2004 - 01:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SillyRumours @ 30 April 2004 - 01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetje@29 April 2004 - 22:47
in soccer i would make play time of two half hours
:o that&#39;s a whole half-hour less of football&#33; [/b][/quote]
donīt think so, statistics show now that the ball is about 25 minutes in play each half, the rest of the time the game is dead because of injuries, ball out of play and so. I guess if they do this the game would take up like 2,5 hours to finish

:)

Rappy
04-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+29 April 2004 - 23:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 29 April 2004 - 23:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetje@29 April 2004 - 18:47

Never thought of that.

It makes sense. They play with a smaller basketball so why not? [/b][/quote]
it sorta does but something tells me the women players wouldn&#39;t like it much <_<

blitz
05-01-2004, 12:24 AM
MLB should take out the designated hitter rule. NBA should get rid of the 3 second violation this, 5 second violation that, all those stupid second violations CRAP. Soccer games should be SHORTER. NFL needs to limit the coaches challenge to only once each half. NASCAR needs to think of more creative tracks than just a damn circle ffs..........

Busyman
05-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by blitz81388@30 April 2004 - 20:24
MLB should take out the designated hitter rule.
Agreed. The AL and the NL should have the same exact rules. (w/o DH)

NBA should get rid of the 3 second violation this,
Then folks like Shaq can camp out under the basket. You&#39;d also see less alley-oops.

5 second violation that,Then you could take forever to inbound the ball after a made bucket or out-of-bounds.

Soccer games should be SHORTER.Agreed to an extent. Someone already said the game has many injuries that take up the time.

NFL needs to limit the coaches challenge to only once each half.There aren&#39;t that many now and they lose a timeout if they lose the challenge.
It seems like a great idea that it stay.

If they are right then it was a good challenge and it makes it fair.
If they are wrong then it limits the coaches ability to stop the game again.

NASCAR needs to think of more creative tracks than just a damn circle ffs..........Agreed but Nascar fans seem to like the boring in the circle (oval) driving.

I would probably watch it if it had different tracks with varying turns.

Rappy
05-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Rappy@29 April 2004 - 16:24
Put replay in baseball
Give the umpires less power
Stop the stupid warning the benches thing where a pitcher is thrown out of the game if he hits someone when the umpire issues a warning
Bring DH to the national league i know people don&#39;t like it but just about the rest of the leagues in the world use it
:01: