PDA

View Full Version : How To Make .cue Files.

Peerzy
04-28-2004, 11:24 PM
.CUE Guide/Making Them

Even downloaded a .Bin file and not known what to do with it? Read THIS (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=12710&st=0) for all the infomation you need.

But whats all this .CUE business about? Well you usually need a .CUE file to 'open' up the .BIN file. But what happens when you download a game and it has no .CUE file?

How do i make one myself i hear you shout? Well now it can be done with one easy program!

MakeCue is an easy program that needs no install! Just download the file, and extract it to wherever you want it to go. Double click it {After you have virus scanned it first of course} Select the folder where your .BIN file is and select the .BIN file that needs it's .CUE being made. Then click Ok. Thats it!

Download Make Cue

Download MakeCue.Exe from Here (http://www.freewebs.com/peerzyboy/MakeCue.rar) or go Here (http://www.withcheese.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/new_page_7.htm) and click to Download MakeCue.rar. {Thanks Withcheese}

File Name: Makecue.EXE
File Size: 9Kb
Format: Password Protected Rar
Password: Peerzyboy

Don't have an Anti-Virus :o ?

Get AVG 6.0! (http://www.grisoft.com/) It's Free
It's Fast
It has Intergrated Shell Interface
Better Than Norton :D

Note
This is NOT spose to be a big guide it is mearly some infomation and a very helpful program, im sure quite a few people will use it, i know i do because of its small size and its easy and fast. Enjoy B) .

Peerzyboy :cool2:

muchspl2
04-28-2004, 11:48 PM
and why do you need a program :unsure:
your computer doesn't have "notepad"

judgeofallandnothing
04-28-2004, 11:54 PM
how hard is it to rename it to a iso?

muchspl2
04-29-2004, 12:05 AM
Start NERO (not the NeroExpress)
Go to the menus at the top left and click on 'Recorder' then 'Burn Image'

A browser box will pop up allowing you to browse for *.nrg, *.iso and *.cue files. If you had the .cue file you wouldn't be reading this. So in the filename box, where the cursor is type '*.bin' (without the quotes of course dum dum )
The browser box will remain open but will only show .bin files.
Now browse through the folders to the one with your wonderful .bin file in it and click on it, then click OK.
With me so far? Sweet. Now another box will pop up.
-Leave it on 'Data Mode 1'
-In the dropdown box, change the block size to 2352
-The 'Raw data' box will become checked on its own, leave it.

Click on the OK button and most times a message box will pop up saying that the block size doesn't correspond with the image length. Click on 'Ignore' and you are ready to go. If the .BIN file is good then the disk will work just fine.
~firefox~

SingaBoiy
04-29-2004, 12:05 AM
Alternative Guide

Get IsoBuster.

Put your .bin on your desktop for easy access.

Double-click the image file to open it with IsoBuster.

On the left side right-click the CD icon and go to where it says Create Cuesheet file and select the bold option.

Select to save to Desktop and make it the same as the original .bin file name.

Right click the .cue file and choose Open With > Notepad/Worpad.

Under where it says:

FILE "C:\Documen...\Desktop\CD.bin" BINARY

Change the text in the parenthases to "the file's name.bin" Put the actual fine name where it says "the file's name"

Save and exit and your done.

Another Alternative Guide

Copy this text:

FILE "filename.BIN" BINARY
 TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
   INDEX 01 00:00:00

Open up Notepad and paste the text.

Change "filename" to the name of the file.

Click File and Save As.

Put the name of the file in there and add .cue to the end. (i.e. "filename.cue" without quotes)

And you are done.

Peerzy
04-29-2004, 03:36 PM
My ways better :P

@Muchspl2 - No my c doesnt meet notpads min spec :(

This just saves all the hassel, i have got some messed cue's in my time and had to convert to iso this says that :)

muchspl2
04-29-2004, 05:03 PM
still think a program is overkill, look at all the methods and you tell me witch is easiest
1 downloading a program, installing/run
2 opening nero, burn the bin
3 making a cue in notepad

Peerzy
04-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@29 April 2004 - 17:03
still think a program is overkill, look at all the methods and you tell me witch is easiest
1 downloading a program, installing/run
2 opening nero, burn the bin
3 making a cue in notepad
U dont have to install it, its just one file.

O well this sunk like the titanic back to spamming the lounge me thinks...never to return to gameworld again......

muchspl2
04-29-2004, 08:43 PM
no, didn't sink in fact this is a pretty good thread on how to make a cue
I think this post should be helpful to anyone who needs a cue. and I will try to point people to this thread in the future

SingaBoiy
05-13-2004, 11:39 AM
BUMP for noobs and slips

Peerzy
06-17-2004, 10:28 PM
bumb for me to feel good about myself again ;) .

abu_has_the_power
06-19-2004, 05:51 PM
cueator does the trick too.