PDA

View Full Version : Beckham On His Way Home?

DanB
04-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Real silent on Beckham exit

Chelsea eye Real duo
Real Madrid have refused to comment on claims England captain David Beckham will be sold at the end of the season.

Reports suggest Beckham will definitely leave The Bernabeu, with Chelsea his likely destination in a £40m deal.

A Real Madrid spokesman told BBC Sport: "We don't have any comment to make because there are lots of stories about our players' futures at this time.

"We do not say anything until the club give us official confirmation of deals, so we will not be commenting."

The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on Friday that Beckham had informed members of his inner circle that he will return to the Premiership next season.

It claimed the main reason for Beckham's decision to leave Real only one season after moving from Manchester United is that he no longer wishes to be separated from his family.

Chelsea, armed with the cash to complete a deal, are hot favourites to make Beckham their showpiece summer signing, although Arsenal have also been mentioned as potential buyers.

It has even been suggested Beckham would be tempted to return to Old Trafford in the unlikely event of Sir Alex Ferguson leaving.

Madrid coach Carlos Queiroz told BBC Sport this week that Beckham has matured as a footballer during his time in Spain and was now capable of playing in several positions.

Beckham was an instant hit with supporters at the start of the season after slotting into the Real team and making a big impact, but things have gone downhill since Christmas.

Real's season has turned into a major disappointment after their exit from the Champions League against Monaco, while they are in danger of slumping in La Liga after losing at home to arch-rivals Barcelona.

It is also claimed some of Beckham's Real colleagues have also been unsettled by the amount of media intrusion his presence in Madrid has attracted

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/3672931.stm)

What do you think then are David Beckham's days with the greatest club in the world about to come to a premature end? :o

Will he be the next purchase with Roman's bottomless cheque book?

Chevy
04-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Chelsea, Arsenal or even Manchester United - in the unlikely case that Sir Alex Ferguson steps down as manager at the end of the season - are being touted as the most likely suitors for a player who will return to the UK with his stock having risen after he proved he can mix it with players like Luis Figo, Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane.

Of these, Chelsea, with Roman Abramovich's millions to count on, are the clear frontrunners, and Beckham would surely relish the opportunity to join up with the London club's spinal cord of England internationals: players like Frank Lampard, John Terry, Wayne Bridge, Scott Parker and Glen Johnson.

Arsenal remain Beckham's most preferred option, but Arsene Wenger's reputed £15m summer transfer budget would fall short of the figure required to capture a player who cost in excess of £25m just a year ago. Madrid will want a return on their investment, despite president Florentino Perez having largely achieved his goal of using the world's most marketable player to boost the Spanish club's global commercial profile.
:o another unbeaten season if they could afford him :o

source (http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1207017,00.html)

I think Chelsea are more likely to get him though ;)

SillyRumours
04-30-2004, 01:32 PM
i doubt he would sign for Arsenal, Wenger prefers pacey players - i don't think Beckham is going anywhere, Real spent too much money to just get one year out of him, then again Chelsea won't mind making it up for them

Nogimics
04-30-2004, 01:54 PM
I would love him to come back to Man United :D

Beckham left Man U and I was unhappy but still liked him and respected him. But if he goes to Arsenal then he can just fuck off :angry:

Not bothered if he comes back to the premiership even if he goes to Chelsea but just not Arsenal :blink:

Plea: "Alex get him back :D "

DanB
04-30-2004, 03:53 PM
I couldn't see becks going back to Man U with Fergie there, to much happened between them.

I'd love him to go to Chelsea :)

Memento
04-30-2004, 06:03 PM
if he's goin anywhere he will go to chelsea, as they can afford to pay more for him than any1 else. Real will sell him, if the price is right, how much did they pay for him?£28m? if they sell him for £40m+ thats not bad bussiness in the space of a year! they wont get 40m for him in 3years time.

J'Pol
04-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Memento@30 April 2004 - 19:03
if he's goin anywhere he will go to chelsea, as they can afford to pay more for him than any1 else. Real will sell him, if the price is right, how much did they pay for him?£28m? if they sell him for £40m+ thats not bad bussiness in the space of a year! they wont get 40m for him in 3years time.
They made the purchase price back on sales of 23 shirts alone.

They have also raised their commercial profile across the world, particularly in the far east where he is almost a demi-god.

The lad was bought for commercial, not football reasons. It has been a total success.

Anything they get for selling him will be a bonus.

Rizindon
04-30-2004, 11:52 PM
but y the hell would he go chelsea they got so many midfielders alraedy if he goes bak to man u hat be gr8 only if alex wasnt such a snobby wanker even thiugh he is a gud manager