PDA

View Full Version : We Are Losing Members Like Flies

atiVidia
04-30-2004, 05:06 PM
well not really, but we still lose quite a few within the bast 3 months.
this is an issue that needs to be dealt with, and NOW.

any solutions?

and give good ones! the members that are disappearing are very well known and respected members.

DanB
04-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Sort it out!!! :angry:

enoughfakefiles
04-30-2004, 05:08 PM
I can put me sandwich board on and walk the streets if that`ll help. :lol: :lol:

Mr. Mulder
04-30-2004, 05:09 PM
Maybe they haven't left, maybe they're just hiding :unsure:

Cheese
04-30-2004, 05:09 PM
I suggest a merger with ES5, they are in need a members as well.

enoughfakefiles
04-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@30 April 2004 - 17:09
I suggest a merger with ES5, they are in need a members as well.
That would make two if you join withcheese. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DanB
04-30-2004, 05:12 PM
http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/deadhorse.gif

We could always flog this dead horse some more?? :lol:

Cheese
04-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by danb@30 April 2004 - 16:12

We could always flog this dead horse some more?? :lol:
Looks a bit more like donkey abuse to me, I know you're into all that kind of stuff dan. :lol:

DanB
04-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+30 April 2004 - 18:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 30 April 2004 - 18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@30 April 2004 - 16:12

We could always flog this dead horse some more??&nbsp; :lol:
Looks a bit more like donkey abuse to me, I know you&#39;re into all that kind of stuff dan. :lol: [/b][/quote]
Donkey abuse? Not me, just good quality flogging :D

atiVidia
04-30-2004, 05:15 PM
rofl at arcadia

@ the mods and admins. i honestly do like the boards. however, people are leaving (or being banned for a reason that has yet to be explained)and the mods dont care. the ones who i know through interaction are rather nice (not all of them, but VB1234 and BOT are definite :D in my book) however, id like to know whose idea it was to pul a sniper and blow ppls heads off without giving a reason to the members.

we need to know why ppl (like h4x0r) were banned. were not asking for a reversal. were asking WHY.

a full answer, please. not the partials weve been receiving for a while from some rather irresponsible mods (u kno who in talkin about;))

more members will leave, guaranteed, if there are no suitable answers to the faulty decisions being made.

this thread will NOT be closed under my watch. if it is, i will simply make another one, with a creatively uncreative threatining tone of type. sort it out. i am sure that many members on this board are tired of the bullshit (and padlocks) on the boards.

bujub22
04-30-2004, 05:24 PM
yah it sux that all the member are gone&#33;
this place died down so fast in the last 3 months ,that i to will prob to be leaving
but not cuz the place is dying but becuz i need another job

Cheese
04-30-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by bujub22@30 April 2004 - 16:24
this place died down so fast in the last 3 months ,that i to will prob to be leaving
What? This is your current job, posting on this forum?

You certainly put the hours in... :lol:

ck-uk
04-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Mate what the fuck you on about...Its a forum to drop by n talk man or findhelp..nothing to get too damn emotional abt.Wha you dont like or peeps is easy enough to ignore.Hex & friends were probably bannd for getting carried away n just plain assholes.

Myself i&#39;ve red hex describing the previous night drinkin ,driving ,carring guns ,in off topic sections.Its a family forum n always has been m8.And a very relax one (with images swearing,arguments.Hence the admins attitudes..imo

You r m8 , i&#39;ve start&#39;d
http://www.subconsciousstudios.com/adam/2001/salad--combo-spliff.jpg
...finish makin&#39; smoke then relax man

atiVidia
04-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk@30 April 2004 - 13:32
Mate what the fuck you on about...Its a forum to drop by n talk man or findhelp..nothing to get too damn emotional abt.Wha you dont like or peeps is easy enough to ignore.Hex & friends were probably bannd for getting carried away n just plain assholes.

Myself i&#39;ve red hex describing the previous night drinkin ,driving ,carring guns ,in off topic sections.Its a family forum n always has been m8.And a very relax one (with images swearing,arguments.Hence the admins attitudes..imo

rofl im just trying to get some closure on th banning of h4x0r

sArA
04-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk@30 April 2004 - 18:32

Yup, there seems to be a lot of these type of threads at the moment...I find them mildly amusing but really, I wish there were more interesting things on here....perhaps I should think of a topic....ah...but that would involve engaging my brain and I don&#39;t feel like it just now....

Oh...nice bit o skunk there ck???? good for colds ya know...purely medicinal&#33; :lol:

DanB
04-30-2004, 06:39 PM
There&#39;s a fluffy thread now :lol: :lol: :lol:

shn
04-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia@30 April 2004 - 11:06

any solutions?

and give good ones&#33; the members that are disappearing are very well known and respected members.
don&#39;t bother.

let it self-destruct. :)

NikkiD
04-30-2004, 06:50 PM
What has changed so much around here?

Respect.

And I mean that in many ways.

People used to respect this place. The board, the administrators, the moderators and the members. That is disappearing. I&#39;m not just pointing fingers at the members here either.

It used to be we didn&#39;t need a list of rules as long as my arm, because the respect for this community was implied, understood, and abided. Now, it seems that certain people/groups of people are always looking for a loophole rather than just simply following the rules.

It used to be that people could enjoy the board and have fun without bashing each other. Without trying to pick fights with each other. Sadly, I see this happening too much now, and for the past little while. It used to be that people could have fun without trashing the place, and unfortunately, it has become a sort of playroom for some.

It used to be that when a moderator took action, they sent a PM to the person explaining that action, and tried, even if unsuccessfully, to resolve that problem. We used to step up and take responsibility for our actions. I use the example of Bo&#39;s signature, not one moderator has taken responsibility for doing that. A simple "I removed the signature, and this is why," was all that was needed, and had it been done in the beginning, it would have been over by now. But now it has blown up to epic proportions.

It used to be that when someone screwed up, and I mean anyone, mod, admin, or member, they owned up, resolved it and moved forward. Now, people are either too full of themselves to admit wrongdoing and try to point the blame anywhere but themselves, or are too chickenshit to stand up and admit they fucked up and just disappear. It&#39;s come to a point that the team is afraid to admit they may have fucked up, because instead of getting the respect they deserve for admitting a mistake, they get a public execution.

We have reasons for doing things the way we do them. Why do we keep harping on using the PM system for resolving issues? Because when it&#39;s done publicly it kills the atmosphere of the board. No one wants to come on and see constant disputes. I don&#39;t personally care if someone questions an action, send me a PM, I&#39;ll be happy to investigate it. But lately it seems like some members are hell bent on publicly embarrassing the team. And that gets nowhere. It&#39;s human nature. By bringing it up as such, the only thing it accomplishes is putting people on their defenses. After that, you can pretty much forget getting anything you want out of them. The longer it goes on, the less tolerant people become, to the point where they finally just say, enough is enough, and start silencing people.

One final thing to say, and then I&#39;ll shut up about the whole thing.

This board doesn&#39;t owe you anything - but if you give it the respect it deserves, you&#39;ll get the respect you deserve back from it.

atiVidia
04-30-2004, 06:54 PM
so when 1 member f__ks up the mods go on a rampage and ban ppl every week?

thats not even remotely close to what u just said.

most of us gave the board the respect the mods asked for. the select few (Dean + IN) screw the board and u fu<k up? im confused...

ck-uk
04-30-2004, 06:55 PM
idunno sara...i google it.We never c skunk around here or its crap.Its all resin man..
:)

shn
04-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk@30 April 2004 - 12:55
idunno sara...i google it.We never c skunk around here or its crap.Its all resin man..
:)
@ck-uk -- That look&#39;s like some what we call reggie miller. (some regular weed or plain out bunk) :)

@NikkiD -- when you say "everyone" you are wrong. Your team is only making up rules to combat against another party who your team assumes is trying to steal members.

Let&#39;s be blunt. wether ??? is a knock-off version of FST we may never know. But why must your team feel so damn insecure that they have to put a stop to such nonsense by implementing "new" rules that affect a Global community as a whole?

NikkiD
04-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia@30 April 2004 - 13:54

most of us gave the board the respect the mods asked for. the select few (Dean + IN) screw the board and u fu<k up? im confused...
Read my post a little more carefully - I put the blame on the team here too.

Haxor fucked up. He did get warned. Equate having a mod editing your post to a warning. He edited it back. The link in his sig was removed. He put it back. Blah blah blah. I didn&#39;t say I agreed with the banning, but he did fuck up.

Just for clarification, the mods can&#39;t ban anyone.

@shn - Yes, the rules about sigs were changed because of a few members who were abusing it. That particular rule. There were others that were changed because of other people/groups of people. I should probably change that. :)

Rat Faced
04-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@30 April 2004 - 19:04
I put the blame on the team here too.

Haxor fucked up. He did get warned. Equate having a mod editing your post to a warning. He edited it back. The link in his sig was removed. He put it back. Blah blah blah. I didn&#39;t say I agreed with the banning, but he did fuck up.

@shn - Yes, the rules about sigs were changed because of a few members who were abusing it. That particular rule. There were others that were changed because of other people/groups of people. I should probably change that. :)
Nikki speaks for me too here....

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-30-2004, 08:30 PM
http://www.ticketsconcertssports.com/derby2004.jpg

Rat Faced
04-30-2004, 08:32 PM
I hope you dont bet on another 3 legged Donkey this year FC :P

bujub22
04-30-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese+30 April 2004 - 14:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 30 April 2004 - 14:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bujub22@30 April 2004 - 16:24

You certainly put the hours in... :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: i jus ment ,i think my girl is pregnant ?? :) so now i wont be here cuz i need more money to feed the lil ones :D

DanB
04-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by bujub22+30 April 2004 - 21:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 @ 30 April 2004 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Withcheese@30 April 2004 - 14:06
<!--QuoteBegin-bujub22@30 April 2004 - 16:24

You certainly put the hours in... :lol:
:lol: :lol: i jus ment ,i think my girl is pregnant ?? :) so now i wont be here cuz i need more money to feed the lil ones :D [/b][/quote]
Congratulations Joob Joob :D :beerchug:

atiVidia
04-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD+30 April 2004 - 14:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 30 April 2004 - 14:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-atiVidia@30 April 2004 - 13:54

Read my post a little more carefully - I put the blame on the team here too.

@shn - Yes, the rules about sigs were changed because of a few members who were abusing it. That particular rule. There were others that were changed because of other people/groups of people. I should probably change that. :) [/b][/quote]
i agree with everything u say except for one thing

WHY WAS THE LINK IN HIS SIG REMOVED IN THE FIRST PLACE&#33;&#33;??&#33;&#33;??&#33;&#33;??

the mods cant ban any1? i didnt know that... rofl time to kill error403 then :P

DanB
04-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Ativida, last time I checked Error was Admin :ph34r:

james_bond_rulez
04-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia@30 April 2004 - 08:06

any solutions?

and give good ones&#33; the members that are disappearing are very well known and respected members.
i dont give a damn...

atiVidia
04-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by danb@30 April 2004 - 16:58
Ativida, last time I checked Error was Admin :ph34r:
my point exactly :P if mods dont ban ppl then that means that admins do and that means we kill the admins (not the co admins, mind u ;))

j/k :lol:

DanB
04-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia+30 April 2004 - 23:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 30 April 2004 - 23:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@30 April 2004 - 16:58
Ativida, last time I checked Error was Admin&nbsp; :ph34r:
my point exactly :P if mods dont ban ppl then that means that admins do and that means we kill the admins (not the co admins, mind u ;))

j/k :lol: [/b][/quote]
Ah, when you say kill you mean just that, alrighty then :ph34r:

hobbes
04-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Losing "Flies" will be a great loss to our forum.