PDA

View Full Version : Bt Tracker Bypass

entropista
04-30-2004, 11:15 PM
okay so firts i am on certain bit torrent sites that rule the uploads and downloads with a share ratio , the problem is that i am in france , and there , the companys with high speed do not really encourage upload speed , thats means i have a 1024K but with a sh*** upload speed , that does not go further than 8 or 9 KBS /S , so sometimes i leave it on 48 H and i just upload 100MO for 500MO download so is there a way to make believe the tracker that i have uploaded more than i actually have ( i dont mean 10000000GO )but just a little to keep up and from not been banned , wich is really not i want because if i had a correct upload speed it would not be a problem

thanks for anyones help

oldjagman
05-01-2004, 12:16 AM
Don't try to cheat with Torrents - it's in no one interest.

What client are you using?

I use Azureus which allows me to define the upload speed. I have 1176/256 Adsl which means, unfortunately, that my best upload speed is only 35kbps and to get the best download speed (approx 90kbps) I have to reduce upload speed to 16kbps.

All the above means that when I have completed the download I increase the upload limit and remain seeding until the level I have uploaded is at least equal to the amount downloaded. As long as you stay seeding for a significant period I would hope the Torrent site would recognise your good intentions.

entropista
05-01-2004, 12:40 PM
i have azureus , but i had already configured everything , but my upload speed in general is never above 10KB/s so you see , sometimes i leave it on for days and i only upload lets say 100 MO , when i've downloaded at full speed (120 KB/S) a movie thats 1.5 GO in a few hours
is cheating with torrent possible , how can you do that , is it dangerous ?

Broken
05-01-2004, 03:15 PM
there really is no way to trick a tracker...
mainly because it is not on your computer, it is a seprate system that is montoring you. and if there was a good way, it wouldn't be in the best intrest of the community and i then i won't tell you anyways.

a very, very risky way around a tracker that automaticly keeps totals on download and upload is by simply not using a client that will report to it... or has manual reporting. Meaning there is no record of how much you've given or taken. (i.e. just about any client except Azureus requiers manually reporting.)

not recomended, other peers maybe watching you, even if the tracker can't. you're not invisiable.

oldjagman
05-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Does your ISP set a limit on your downloads? If so this may be your problem.

Here in the UK BT (Brit Telecom NOT bittorrent) set a limit of 20 gigs per month which works out at slightly less than 8kbps if you are continuously downloading.

My own ISP has a limit of 150gigs which works out at 57kbps. This is fine as there is little chance of me reaching this total due to other constraints.

entropista
05-04-2004, 07:43 PM
no , there is no limit for me , cause i'm on broadban , but here in france if you have cable (Noos) it limits your downloading and uploading

Broken
05-05-2004, 05:20 AM
My carrier has no limit. and if they ever bother me about it i'll drop'em faster then a hot potato and switch to the competition. Life is good in the states.

:D

entropista
05-05-2004, 11:28 PM
okay , just tell me how can i cheat , cause my upload speed is soo bad i'm in risk of being banned because i dont upload as much as i download ,please tell me

oldjagman
05-06-2004, 09:18 AM
No one is going to tell you how to "cheat" - even if they know.

Just keep your downloaded Torrent seeding until Azureus tells you your share ratio is 1.00 or better.

The torrent network is reliant on us all doing our bit, no matter how long or how frustrating it is.

Read the sig!
|
|
|
v