PDA

View Full Version : Overnet + Firewall Router = Pwnege?

ChaOsMinsTreL
05-10-2004, 02:51 AM
Ive been using overnet more often that emule lately and i noticed im downloading extremely fast compared to emule. Ive read what things it does different than emule but it still shouldnt speed it up that much. Does it use different ports to make it faster?!

MUSLEMAN
05-10-2004, 03:41 AM
no it finds more sources so it downloads from more people which= faster

if you have both. take turns and and try to search and download the same exact file with each, you will need to run them one at a time ofcourse.

after doing so you will come to the same conclusion i did.

overnet finds more sources and so downloads faster :lol: :lol: :lol:

pirpu
05-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by ChaOsMinsTreL@10 May 2004 - 02:59
Ive been using overnet more often that emule lately and i noticed im downloading extremely fast compared to emule. Ive read what things it does different than emule but it still shouldnt speed it up that much. Does it use different ports to make it faster?!
Different ports cant make it faster try "Horde". Dont know about the sources thing but MM is usually right :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW whats Pwnege? I did not find anything on dictionary.com

true_neo
05-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Pwnege is probs the same as pwnage, or ownage for those 1337 illiterates. ;)

At any rate, Overnet has been slow for me these days.... I tried changing ports and checking that my router was ok, but still nuthin.
these files used to have sources before, cept now theres shit :lol:
This wasnt asking for support since I can see that sources are virtually nonexistant, just didnt want to make this post blatant spam :P

pirpu
05-17-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by true_neo@15 May 2004 - 15:08
Pwnege is probs the same as pwnage, or ownage for those 1337 illiterates.  ;)
Thanks, I was checking the wrong dictionary, then I tried here (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwnage&b=1).
Not into multi player games :blink:
BTW whats a 1337 illiterate?

feverpetal
05-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Unless you're really young, and new, "1337" is what we USED to call "elite". Basically, "1337" or 13375p34k (leetspeak) is a way of typing/writing/talking that uses incorrect or different spellings coupled with numbers replacing letters. In effect, you sound like a teenager on Mhz. A short guide: "A" can be replaced with "4", "E" can be replaced with "3"... Googling these things will produce dictionaries and translators.

fp

pirpu
05-18-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by feverpetal@17 May 2004 - 18:44
Unless you're really young, and new
Those are relative terms :lol:
But thanks for enlightening (http://www.angelfire.com/on3/slavia/leethistory.html) me :D