PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Database Files

taipan1
05-10-2004, 03:05 AM
Hi, I'm totally new to Kazaa (have K-Lite++2.4.3 in my system) & have already "stumbled" my way to a lot of d/load errors. I'm finally printing all the "Help" notes to study them. It's cleared up a lot of misunderstood notions & helped to understand many others. Have 1 specific question I need urgent from somebody (ANYONE!!) about one aspect of 'Corrupted database files'. The 'Help' section says to find & delete ALL these db files (K-Lite will create new ones upon the next start-up). HOWEVER, it advises that you will lose "all file descriptions that you give to your shared files". So, BEFORE I go ahead & do this deletion, can someone (ANYONE !!) explain to me EXPLICITLY, CLEARLY, UNAMBIGUOUSLY just what sort of "file descriptions" is referred to?? Thanx so much in advance.

MUSLEMAN
05-10-2004, 03:23 AM
any type of editing you did to your files in klite, such as name integrety, author, title etc.

taipan1
05-10-2004, 05:50 AM
Thanx, 'Musleman', for your piece of enlightenment. I need just a bit more info on this. What about the ORIGINAK info encoded into, say the music track, like: song title, artist, play duration, music category, etc. Does all this originally-encoded info ALSO disappear, or just whatever I might have added/edited on the files themselves? Also, the letters "mIRC" appeared a couple of times in my system tool bar during the problems. Do you know what this is? (I couldn't open it, so I had to right-click to close it). Appreciate your help, thanx again

MUSLEMAN
05-10-2004, 05:56 AM
for mirc go here (http://www.mirc.com/)

as far as i know anything you have edit will be gone. everything else it came with will stay :lol: :lol: