PDA

View Full Version : The Latest K-lite K++

taipan1
05-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Thanx "Musleman", seems like you are THE MAN to know in this part of cyberspace (just as I'm totally new in this territory). I need some more of your wisdom, if I may (don't worry, "Musleman", for your investment in time here, I may be able to make it pay handsomely for you in the way of info very useful to you in another field - nutritional medicine. I'm a Ph.D. in this field from England's Cambridge Univ. As you are a muscle-man in real life, I have very valuable applied info for you in nutritional tech. for your iron-pumping endeavours. You want info. in this field, you've come to the right place!).
OK, "Musleman", I eagerly seek answers to the following questions:

(1) The K-Lite K++ 2.4.3 "Help" mentions running a 'Configuration Wizard' to set the optimal upload bandwidth. WHERE is it? I cannot find it! Is it supposed to be in a later version? My ADSL connection is described as 512-128 Kb. In the 'upload' bandwidth section, I've set this to 128 Kb. Would this be correct?

(2) I've downloaded your KLTpp250b5.exe (a whopping 11.6 Mb), your latest K-Lite (KLT K++2.5.0 Build 5). Before inatalling this, should I un-install:
(a) K-Lite K++2.4.3
(B) G-spot (which I already have)
© What about Windows Media Player 9.0 with the latest updates (installed
only a few days ago) ?
(3) In the 'Options', what is the significance of "Don't Save Local IPs in DAT files"? Please explain!

Thanx a million, "Musleman" - you're a champ!

MUSLEMAN
05-10-2004, 08:14 AM
yes please uninstall the older version.

during install you can check to not install gspot if you want then after insall just go to options>klt extensions options>tools>here point the gspot to where you have it installed on your pc. (or you can just install and have 2 copies if its eaiser for you)

windows media player has nothing to do with the klt install. you don't need to touch it.

to explain the local ip you need to have a little bit of knowledge about ip addresses.

in klt k++ you can find the configwizard under start>klt k++>kltconfigwizard. or you can just make sure you set your upload/download speeds corectly in the klt options

Entity101
05-10-2004, 08:17 AM
1) Install 2.4.3 and the wizard will be there. It is best to set your upload to 75-80% of your total upload bandwidth.

2) Best to uninstall KL first. But I would recommend to just keep 2.4.3, it's the same core program and it has been very well tested. You probably won't use all those extra tools anyway.

3) Those 'local' IPs are incorrectly stored IPs. Details are not really important (I am sure you can find something about it with the search). Basically, they are just useless.

MUSLEMAN
05-10-2004, 08:28 AM
ya who needs the kazupernodes, k-dat and k-sig updates?? :blink: :blink: :blink:

not to mention the rest.

Entity101
05-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Those are included with 2.4.3 too.

MUSLEMAN
05-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Error403@10 May 2004 - 08:33
Those are included with 2.4.3 too.
the old ones like 1.4.7 ya but not the 1.4.8 for example samething with the rest

Entity101
05-10-2004, 02:55 PM
True, but the 'old' ones work fine too.

MUSLEMAN
05-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Error403@10 May 2004 - 11:03
True, but the 'old' ones work fine too.
i never said they don't, i just think that its always better to use the most updated version of tools and programs you have