PDA

View Full Version : Mirc Bing Bing Bing

BoomBox
05-11-2004, 01:13 AM
When I am in an IRC channel I keep getting a bing sound constantly, about every few seconds, but not constant, it's irratic.

Anyone tell me what it might be? Is it someone pinging me constantly or something?

Thanks

delphin460
05-11-2004, 01:30 AM
it will be one of the windows in mirc and the text is scrolling , make sure the scroll bar is at the bottom so the text can scroll automaticaly

bujub22
05-11-2004, 04:44 AM
use klite++

muchspl2
05-11-2004, 06:52 AM
I hope you get banned you idiot, stop posting the same bullshit about kazaa, you are abut 100 times worst than haxxor and close to being as annoying as internet.news
STFU and stop spamming, moron

muchspl2
05-11-2004, 08:28 AM
is this jack ass on moderation yet

{I}{K}{E}
05-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@11 May 2004 - 09:36
is this jack ass on moderation yet
yes he his. :frusty:

{I}{K}{E}
05-11-2004, 11:45 AM
options -> sound here you can disable it.

BoomBox
05-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Cheers pals, just incase I was gettin' pinged or WHOIS'd from someone bad that Protowall wasn't showing.

use klite++

lol, kind of a wierd comment to throw in.
I've long since moved on from kl++, but still like this forum so I'll be stayin' till it moves on.

I've used mIRC for a while and am gettin' used to it, but there's probably loads I don't know which makes me vulnerable.
Is there any way to tell when someone does a WHOIS on my name?, so I can tell who is trying to find my IP.

And if I request a file from an bot using DCC (not fserve) and am put in a queue, is there any way for anyone else to observe who is in the queue? I know this can be done on fserve's but I wasn't sure about DCC'in directly usin' triggers on bots.

Thanks

{I}{K}{E}
05-11-2004, 02:34 PM
I download alot from IRC,

you should use this guide (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=69650) ;)

BoomBox
05-12-2004, 01:18 AM
Thanks,
Has anyone got any letters/warnings from downloading from IRC lately? I mean, if you were downloading a screener on IRC, would you be likely to get a letter from the MPAA ?
I run an up to date protowall, and haven't seen any hits on it from anything when using IRC.
Info appreciated,
Thanks

lee551
05-13-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by BoomBox@12 May 2004 - 01:26
Thanks,
Has anyone got any letters/warnings from downloading from IRC lately? I mean, if you were downloading a screener on IRC, would you be likely to get a letter from the MPAA ?
I run an up to date protowall, and haven't seen any hits on it from anything when using IRC.
Info appreciated,
Thanks
isn't it illegal for any type of law-enforcement to even be in an IRC room where you get files? most of the time it says at the top of the page that if you are a member of law enforcement, you must leave b/c of the internet privacy act signed by bill clinton.... B)

i think irc is pretty safe, and will be for awhile.

muchspl2
05-13-2004, 01:59 AM
you must be joking right, :lol: if not :lol: anyway :lol::lol:

BoomBox
05-13-2004, 04:06 AM
You don't think it's safe muchspl2?
Just lookin' any thoughts people might have generally.

muchspl2
05-13-2004, 05:12 AM
its safe becaused you dl only but its not safe beacause of a "warning"
http://www.snopes.com/legal/privacy.htm

BoomBox
05-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Cheers,
For those of you that use the blocklist in protowall/peerguardian/'your own firewall', have any of you ever had hits on it while you were on IRC?

I haven't been using it for that long but if my protowall is working right (I really hope it is) then I haven't 'seen' any on the blocklist yet.

Do the guys that serve this stuff on IRC go through proxies or somethin', I would have thought it would've been easy to just get their IP address through Netstat and shut them down ?

BoomBox
05-16-2004, 02:20 AM
I was gonnga post a new thread, but I'll just ask in here again cause don't wanna flood the forum.

I run IRC through a proxy, now when I WHOIS on my nick I get the proxy IP address. But above it says something like
[email protected] * Nickname.

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Also, I have "Enable Ident" + "Enable only while connecting", does this show any extra info about me? I mean, even though my IP is shielded through the proxy, does this Ident reveal any specific info about me that the proxy does not hide? (maybe related to the above question?)

Thanks.