PDA

View Full Version : This Is Retarded

SamsonC
05-11-2004, 02:08 AM
its soo stupid, i have the same kazaa lite you guys have and mine is still shit, my older computer i got from 1995 was doing better for dl's than my newest one. i've tried it all from hopping SN's, increasing or decreasing my upload width to setting the correct upload width. iv tried musclemans thing with that van halen thing. i dled the song that had 30+ sources, it went from 1 min (around 45+ kb/s, two sources!) (wich is still shitty for my new coputer and dsl) to 1 source .7kbs to 6 fucking hours!!! :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :angry: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

tell me what i should do, explain it to me like i am new to this or a kid please

MUSLEMAN
05-11-2004, 02:34 AM
this is because of your isp(limiting you) or your supernode(mught be a crapy one)

your pc and dsl don't realy have nothing to do with it.

your upload speed depends on the # of connectable sources and their upload speed.

now when you tried van halen did you make sure there was nothing else uploading or downloading???

did you make sure that it is the song "right now" ??

SamsonC
05-11-2004, 05:20 AM
yah man it was right now, and i the shitty user was [email protected], whats an IP or whatever,

when i was dling from that guy, it stopped, and went to a different user which spead up the dl, there were no dls or pls present,

MUSLEMAN
05-11-2004, 06:12 AM
so are you behind a router??

SamsonC
05-11-2004, 06:30 AM
whats a router???

MUSLEMAN
05-11-2004, 06:33 AM
do own the only pc in the house or are there other computers there also (desktop, labtop)??

SamsonC
05-11-2004, 06:37 AM
there are two computers

MUSLEMAN
05-11-2004, 07:09 AM
well then you are most likely behind a router. a router allows one net connection to be shared between multiple computers.

normally your internet connection will go to the router then your modem then the main pc.

ask your net work admn if you are behind a router, if so then you need to forward your port for klite (options>klite options>firewall>here you see the port klite uses) in the router(your router company will do this for free) then get kanat and run kanat evey time your run klite

SamsonC
05-11-2004, 09:23 PM
but there is only 1 internet connection between the computers

danyj
05-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by SamsonC@11 May 2004 - 16:31
but there is only 1 internet connection between the computers
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which proves MM's point :lol: You are behind a router if you have 1 internet connections and 2 computers using that same connection. If you have this then use Kanat.

jetje
05-12-2004, 09:17 AM
you can share internet connections through one of the pc's without being behind a router ;) proves nothing.... Alo fact there are 2 pc's connecting using the same ISP doesn't mean they connect at the same time.

So questions to be asked are:
Are the computers in a network (can they see eachother files) ?
Do they run internet at the same time?
What type of DSL modem do you have (name and type) does it connect with USB or..?

30+ sources is a bad supernode?? :blink:

MUSLEMAN
05-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by jetje@12 May 2004 - 05:25
you can share internet connections through one of the pc's without being behind a router ;) proves nothing.... Alo fact there are 2 pc's connecting using the same ISP doesn't mean they connect at the same time.

So questions to be asked are:
Are the computers in a network (can they see eachother files) ?
Do they run internet at the same time?
What type of DSL modem do you have (name and type) does it connect with USB or..?

30+ sources is a bad supernode?? :blink:
lol :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: you can't expect somebody who does not even know what a router is answer those questions :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

any ways just because there are 2 computers in the house does not mean that there is a router, they could be on a network, lan, etc. but most of the time now in days its a router people use.

this person is not able to fix this problem by themselves anyways because they obviously don't have enough knowledge at this point. they need to talk to thier network admin and get back to us with if theyhave a router, network or etc.

jetje
05-12-2004, 09:46 AM
He musle, someone who has 2 pc's in the house has a network admin! Right... :lol:

Man i wasn't having a go at you but you just proved again that your just the spammer i sometimes think you are....
Try and read, but hey... that still isn't your biggest virtue...
Someone knows if he can see files from one pc that are on the other pc...
Someone knows if he uses both pc's at the SAME time on the internet
Oh and someone can read what letters are on the box that he has installed to connect to the internet.
Well your right maybe he doesn't know what USB is :)

Originally posted by he boss
any ways just because there are 2 computers in the house does not mean that there is a router, they could be on a network, lan, etc. but most of the time now in days its a router people use.

get back to us with if theyhave a router, network or etc.

your the one that always asks the simple questions over and over again, well in this case it's asking the right questions for once... yeah ask a network admin, you probably ment he needs to contact the ISP, again then tell the right thing... :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: (just quoting you on this one too)

MUSLEMAN
05-12-2004, 11:15 AM
ok dumbass let me break it down for you since its obviously too big for you to understand :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

in this case moron, network admin means the person who is in charege of those 2 computers getting on line, aka the person who knows what a router is, aka the person who can tell them if they are netwoked, behind a router, lan etc.

isp :blink: :blink: :blink: god damn how stupid can you get :blink: :blink: :blink:

jetje
05-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@12 May 2004 - 13:23
ok dumbass let me break it down for you since its obviously too big for you to understand :frusty:
in this case moron, network admin means the person who is in charege of those 2 computers getting on line, aka the person who knows what a router is, aka the person who can tell them if they are netwoked, behind a router, lan etc.

isp :blink: :blink: :blink: god damn how stupid can you get :blink: :blink: :blink:

:lol: :lol: network admin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
someone @home with 2 pc's
:lol: :lol: :lol: who do you think is the network admin there... :lol: hope you don't look in the mirror today :ghostface:

oh ISP, was an answer cause it looked like you ment that... , cause i couldn't believe you ment Network Admin :lol: :
:)

Entity101
05-12-2004, 03:54 PM
A router makes no difference with connecting.

You can run KL on all computers on your home network. All at the same port.

KaNAT + port forwarding only improves your sharing/downloading capabilities when you are behind a router.

Lite
05-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Error403@12 May 2004 - 16:02
KaNAT + port forwarding only improves your sharing/downloading capabilities when you are behind a router.
And reduces the number of those pretty red "x"'s :P

SamsonC
05-13-2004, 04:41 AM
no no no, there is only one connection between the two computers, they dont share connections...

sk8er789
05-13-2004, 05:06 AM
all i have to say is i thought i was a dumbass...o well dont eworry get off the comp and get a girlfriend it will make your life much mnore fun B)

erRor67
05-13-2004, 05:15 AM
nm. Im gonna kick my ass now....

SamsonC
05-13-2004, 05:15 AM
iv been going out with my gf for about 3 moths now pal, i just want to download my songs faster you dumbshit

erRor67
05-13-2004, 05:18 AM
if you were talking to me, I wasnt talking to you. I was refering to jetje and MUSLEMAN and their argument. I dont mean anything about u and your girlfriend.

Edit: And the reason i didnt quote it was because I didnt realize there was a second page until I posted my comment. Which is why i edited my post above if you noticed.

SamsonC
05-13-2004, 05:59 AM
no, that sk8er fag guy

muchspl2
05-13-2004, 06:05 AM
this thread made me laugh, thanks guys :lol:

erRor67
05-13-2004, 06:12 AM
no problem. Made me go crazy just the same :lol:

pirpu
05-13-2004, 08:42 AM
No offense but SamsonC has established a new level of n00bness. You expert guys will have to find a new term for him. If anyone can solve his problem remind me to faint from shock :lol: :lol: :lol:

jetje
05-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by SamsonC@13 May 2004 - 06:49
no no no, there is only one connection between the two computers, they dont share connections...
Well i guess you do as Musleman said, contact your local network admin :)

oldjagman
05-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by SamsonC@13 May 2004 - 05:49
Does this, by some small chance, mean only one computer is connected to the internet?

SamsonC - look for the most users with the highest number in the bandwidth column. This should give you the best chance of a good download speed.

SamsonC
05-14-2004, 10:07 PM
hey, dont make fun of me because i dont spend most my time on the computer, no offense to you guys.

nsane
05-14-2004, 11:19 PM
back to the point...

1. try changing ports, 65000 is good (in Options > Options... > Firewall)
2. try File > Jump Supernode when searching or if connecting takes a while
3. try right clicking a download > Find More Sources (try tip 2 in between each try)
4. try sharing less files, if you sharing a large amount of them
5. try not being a supernode, if you are (look in the options just to make sure your not)

MUSLEMAN
05-15-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by SamsonC@14 May 2004 - 18:15
hey, dont make fun of me because i dont spend most my time on the computer, no offense to you guys.
nobody is makeing fun of you, first off find out how you are connecting to the internet

UcanRock2
05-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@13 May 2004 - 06:13
this thread made me laugh, thanks guys :lol:
Me too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SamsonC
05-15-2004, 10:38 PM
hey muscleman, whats soo good about kazaa lite tools???

Ricky_1146
05-16-2004, 03:43 AM
Hopefully, i can clear this whole situation up guys since yes, MM I am a Network admin for the 12 comps that connect to my house.

One Samson has made no mention that he was at work, or a place that required a network admin. Hence it must be a House

Two If two computers are on at the same time, it doesnt mean he has a router, He could have a Smoothwall box, or unix/linux box acting as a DHCP server/gateway.

Third i will ask samson a question. Do you have Two dsl modem's or just one. I ask this because your isp will always give ya another modem for some extra money on the bill.

4 JetJe is very much right about his opinons, his probably knows the same ampunt as i do.

5 Samson i ask for you to check this for me, the ethernet coard coming from outside your computer. Follow it, and post back to say what is the cord connecting to. Like does it say a brand company etc. If it is connecting to the cable modem only, It is not your problem.

6 If a download is slow 1 Max out the sources to 999 2 Dont share your bandwith to uploads to much. 3 If you do this and it still is the same. Its the fastrack network, and the loss of the supernodes. Blame the RIAA, and Sharman networks, for killing thier network

MUSLEMAN
05-16-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Ricky_1146@15 May 2004 - 23:51
Hopefully, i can clear this whole situation up guys since yes, MM I am a Network admin for the 12 comps that connect to my house.

One Samson has made no mention that he was at work, or a place that required a network admin. Hence it must be a House

Two If two computers are on at the same time, it doesnt mean he has a router, He could have a Smoothwall box, or unix/linux box acting as a DHCP server/gateway.

Third i will ask samson a question. Do you have Two dsl modem's or just one. I ask this because your isp will always give ya another modem for some extra money on the bill.

4 JetJe is very much right about his opinons, his probably knows the same ampunt as i do.

5 Samson i ask for you to check this for me, the ethernet coard coming from outside your computer. Follow it, and post back to say what is the cord connecting to. Like does it say a brand company etc. If it is connecting to the cable modem only, It is not your problem.

6 If a download is slow 1 Max out the sources to 999 2 Dont share your bandwith to uploads to much. 3 If you do this and it still is the same. Its the fastrack network, and the loss of the supernodes. Blame the RIAA, and Sharman networks, for killing thier network
:frusty: :frusty:

i already said that by network admin i mean the person in charge of making sure those 2 computers at home get on line :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

SamsonC
05-18-2004, 12:00 AM
ok, only 1 computer has 1 modem, i only have 1 modem, the other computer has no connection what so ever. the computer without the connection is barely on,

oldjagman
05-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by SamsonC@18 May 2004 - 01:08
ok, only 1 computer has 1 modem, i only have 1 modem, the other computer has no connection what so ever. the computer without the connection is barely on,
Nice one, SamsonC!

All that erudition from the sages and mages and there aint never no network!

Go back to square one (or rather two and three)!

If you only got one download source for Van Halen's Right Now then you hit the unlucky tree with a vengeance.

As an alternative search for the movie Ice Age and download the one with the most sources (should be 711608 megs).

Stop searching and restart search for 2 minutes.

Wait 5 minutes and see what speed you get.

If it is still slow then follow MMs advice on switching supernodes.