PDA

View Full Version : New Kazaa Lite?

Jordank87
05-11-2004, 03:24 AM
okay, i think i have a older version of kazaa i dont think i have 2.6 and if so, if i download the new kl++ will it deleated my old kazaa and keep my songs and transfer them to the new one, or will i have to start from scratch?

Entity101
05-11-2004, 09:07 AM
It won't delete your files.

But if your current version works for you, then it is better to just keep it.

Jordank87
05-14-2004, 12:47 AM
yes it works fine, but why would it be better for me to keep my old when when there is a new one ...?

erRor67
05-14-2004, 01:48 AM
its kinda hard to define 'new' since there are so many versions out.

You got Kazaa Lite K++ 2.43 right? Well, you can get Kazaa Lite Resurrection or Kazaa Lite Tools which the tools are updated and thats basically it.

Or you can get K-Lite 2.6 which is based on a different version of KMD. The three clients above are based on KMD 2.02 while K-Lite is based on KMD 2.6. One might say this is newer but its kinda hard since they are based on different versions.

If u like the origonal clean kazaas then you can just update the tools by getting Kazaa Lite Resurrection and Kazaa Lite Tools. If you want to try out K-Lite, you can. Its still in its beta testing but it works. Kinda unstable on win98 from what I heard but its alright. Because its based on a newer version of KMD, it has options that other kazaas wont ever have, like muit-tab searching and stuff.