PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3 Slows Down My Pc.

PeKa
05-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Using Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3.
OS = Windows XP Home SP1, Pentium-4, CPU 2.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM.
Internet connection ADSL PPP through Dial-up modem (USB).
Firewall allowing KLite unlimited access to the internet.

When I'm running KLite, my pc is slowing down, and surfing the internet (IE-6) takes hours.
Question of settings ??? But which ones ???

Thanx,

Peter :)

MUSLEMAN
05-11-2004, 11:26 AM
lower your downloads and other programs that use the net at the same time.

if that does not help lower your upload also

feverpetal
05-17-2004, 06:18 PM
I have a similar problem, though I'm running a bulked up P3 733mhz with 512mb RAM... I know I keep my computer tweaked to the max, and thus is a lot faster than most newer computers, but I remember seeing a sentence or so about a loader that doesn't use as much memory or as many DLLs... Anyone know what I'm talking about? I guess I the only thing I need/want is the AutoSearchMore, since the Accelerator never seems to work, and is annoying with it's "SnapTo" function, but these are both part of KL Extensions, right? I think I think that adding tools to Kazaa doesn't really slow it down, so I can keep those in, but am I wrong? More info : I've been using K++ 2.4.3 on Win XP Pro, but a failing SCSI drive necessitated the need for a different boot drive, so my plates are bare at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe the loader was referred to as KLR, but that seems to be a loader for 2.6.0, which would be okay, I guess, but I like the AutoSearchMore.

fp

justin_9733
05-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by feverpetal@17 May 2004 - 10:26
I have a similar problem, though I'm running a bulked up P3 733mhz with 512mb RAM... I know I keep my computer tweaked to the max, and thus is a lot faster than most newer computers, but I remember seeing a sentence or so about a loader that doesn't use as much memory or as many DLLs... Anyone know what I'm talking about? I guess I the only thing I need/want is the AutoSearchMore, since the Accelerator never seems to work, and is annoying with it's "SnapTo" function, but these are both part of KL Extensions, right? I think I think that adding tools to Kazaa doesn't really slow it down, so I can keep those in, but am I wrong? More info : I've been using K++ 2.4.3 on Win XP Pro, but a failing SCSI drive necessitated the need for a different boot drive, so my plates are bare at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe the loader was referred to as KLR, but that seems to be a loader for 2.6.0, which would be okay, I guess, but I like the AutoSearchMore.

fp
Even if u do have it tweaked out or whatever how is a 733MHz going to be faster than most new computers? :frusty:

feverpetal
05-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Because I'm a pimp? The magic of SCSI is the ability to connect many large and fast hard drives, without noticable slowdown. I have one drive devoted to cpu- and ram-duping. In essence, it probably gives me performance on par with a quad-proc machine running near 20 gigs of PC3200 memory. Factor in the 15,000 RPM rotation speed, and you have your own little oven! Speaking of ovens, I had to move all my hard drives (except boot) to another case, since it was causing my cpu fan to operate, which means my cpu is heating up, which it never does, EVAR. You can do a simliar setup, if you have the time, patience, and know-how, with USB, FireWire, and FibreChannel, but they shut down a Seagate R&D Lab that was near my place, so I hooked myself up. Basically, I just want Kazaa to run faster, since I'm one of those insane people who will download 700 files at once.

fp

justin_9733
05-18-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by feverpetal@17 May 2004 - 16:19
Because I'm a pimp? The magic of SCSI is the ability to connect many large and fast hard drives, without noticable slowdown. I have one drive devoted to cpu- and ram-duping. In essence, it probably gives me performance on par with a quad-proc machine running near 20 gigs of PC3200 memory. Factor in the 15,000 RPM rotation speed, and you have your own little oven! Speaking of ovens, I had to move all my hard drives (except boot) to another case, since it was causing my cpu fan to operate, which means my cpu is heating up, which it never does, EVAR. You can do a simliar setup, if you have the time, patience, and know-how, with USB, FireWire, and FibreChannel, but they shut down a Seagate R&D Lab that was near my place, so I hooked myself up. Basically, I just want Kazaa to run faster, since I'm one of those insane people who will download 700 files at once.

fp
wow you can talk about nothing for a long time, my 3GHz could kick ur 733MHz's ass.

feverpetal
05-19-2004, 01:04 AM
Possibly. But, since my computer performs LIKE a 3Ghz proc, I doubt you have a similar amount of available RAM. So probably not.

And I assume that no one can answer my question, then. Wonderful.

fp

justin_9733
05-19-2004, 09:26 PM
I can answer you question, your computer is slow because it sucks, get a real computer that isnt from 1997.