PDA

View Full Version : Warez (really Fast P2p Prog)

calpol2004
05-11-2004, 06:34 PM
I found this really brilliant peer2peer network Called Warez I'm currently running on 56k dial up (4kb/s) and i can get a connection of 7/8Kb/s which is the maximun my isp will allow me so it could probably get faster (downloading Finding Nemo). it is very similar to kazaa I think it runs on the same network as kazaa, any way it's a good p2p and i would reccomend it.

if you want to get it you'll have to get through another p2p network i used WinMx just search and download.

Cal

Vargas
05-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Warez is based on Ares (http://www.areslite.com/), which doesn't have ads or manditory spyware (don't install NavHelper), and is more up to date.

GrubMe
05-11-2004, 08:00 PM
;) .

Sony
05-12-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by calpol2004@11 May 2004 - 19:42
I found this really brilliant peer2peer network Called Warez I'm currently running on 56k dial up (4kb/s) and i can get a connection of 7/8Kb/s which is the maximun my isp will allow me so it could probably get faster (downloading Finding Nemo). it is very similar to kazaa I think it runs on the same network as kazaa, any way it's a good p2p and i would reccomend it.

if you want to get it you'll have to get through another p2p network i used WinMx just search and download.

Cal
OK calm down genius...it does not run on Kazaa network, and you will be better of with Ares that is clean of any nasty Spyware!

you didn't know it was a clone of Ares did you? :lol:

kb123
05-12-2004, 09:53 AM
What spyware is there in warez? I've scanned with ad-aware and spybot and it seems to be clean. :)

delphin460
05-12-2004, 10:09 AM
warez p2p has 3 add ons that are adware / spyware , but can be removed during install ( untick them during install )

apart from that its clean , and yes its one the same network as ares , and is a clone of ares but it is not an older version , warez 2.1 p2p is actualy newer than its ares equilivent

the reason ares and warez run better is they use the hash system for files , thus less overhead in your bandwidth

atm i prefer ares / warez network and shareaza's g2 network well over kazaa's network

Vargas
05-12-2004, 11:10 AM
ok thanks for clearing that up, i wont bash warez again based on hearsay :P
BTW even though warez has a higher version number i doubt it's a newer build or more up to date then the latest arez that came out 3 days ago. BUT i've been wrong before :rolleyes: