PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Acting Really Strange?

downloadgeek
05-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Hello,

I am on a high speed DSL connection, 1000k, anywase usually on kazaa i can get at least 70-110kb/s download speed, that was until yestaurday, now i cant get past 10kbs. Right now i am downloading a file with over 50 users and cant get above 5. I cannot get any speed even with files with over 200 users? Is it just me or what???

MUSLEMAN
05-16-2004, 04:08 AM
your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to get kanat

its probably your sources

downloadgeek
05-16-2004, 03:41 PM
i have been KaZupernodes and still no difference. No matter what i cant get past 10kb/s. Everything was great until a couple of days ago. I've been using kazaa for two years with no problems until recently.

MUSLEMAN
05-16-2004, 03:55 PM
please do this:

please do a test,search for van halen's song "right now" and wait untill you get 30 or more sources and then pick for download and tell me what you get make sure your traffic is paused or clean

downloadgeek
05-17-2004, 02:38 AM
alrite so i got one with 48 sources, its been over ten minutes and the highest speed that i have got was 0.78kb/s

erRor67
05-17-2004, 04:38 AM
did you change any settings, install new hardware/software, or internet connection?

MUSLEMAN
05-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by downloadgeek@16 May 2004 - 22:46
alrite so i got one with 48 sources, its been over ten minutes and the highest speed that i have got was 0.78kb/s
please first try jumping supernodes and for each supenode try the test fresh don't use the same file you have in your traffic. search and download a new "right now" for the test

downloadgeek
05-17-2004, 12:07 PM
still wont help. I notice that in KaZupernode that i will connect to a certain supernode and the status light will be green but within five minutes it will be yellow.

and there have been no changed to my hardware/internet

MUSLEMAN
05-17-2004, 12:09 PM
emm the yellow is how its suppose to be, it goes from green to yellow.

but i want you to try a few different supernodes which will take time and remember to strat a fresh test for each supernode .

try changing your supernodes that might be better