PDA

View Full Version : First Bt Download

05-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi all.

I've downloaded Starship.Troopers.2.2004.STV.DVDRip.XviD-CaF_[bt-gm]_[EFnet].

After it downloaded I went to play it but instead of finding a movie icon I found a folder with a load of .rar files.

When I try to extract the first file I get a Error pop up saying

' C:\ Starship.Troopers.2.2004.STV.DVDRip.XviD-CaF_[bt-gm]_[EFnet]\caf-st2-stv.r00.rar The archive is either in unknown format or damaged'.

I get similar pop ups with the other rar files too.

When you download DVDRip's are they supposed to just play back using a media player or do you have to do something else? :huh:

All replies are apreciated!

Benno
05-16-2004, 07:27 PM
You have to unrar it with winrar, if this error message came from winrar you maybe got a corrupt download.

Look if theres a sfv file in the folder. if there is one download Quicksvf http://www.quicksfv.org/ install it and then open the svf file to see if the rar files got damaged during the download

05-16-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks Benno.

I downloaded Quickstv and opened the stv file in the movie/rar folder. I got the following results,

Completed files 0/0

Bad 0/0

OK 0/0

Missing 0/0

0 files checked.

When I click on the sfv icon (the icon with the comuter image with a maginfiying glass over it), a popup says,

'The system information file is corrupt or unrecognized. Select another System information file'.

What now?

gungrave
05-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by 121@16 May 2004 - 19:12
I've downloaded Starship.Troopers.2.2004.STV.DVDRip.XviD-CaF_[bt-gm]_[EFnet].
i downloaded that last nite
is it any good? :rolleyes:
goin to watch it when i got time :)

05-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Gungrave.

I've heard it's a bit of a let down but I can't coment until I get it working!

Let me know if/how you got it to work. I'm downloading the screener to see if if I get more luck ;)

cwctv
05-16-2004, 09:34 PM
I got the same movie last night with no problems so go here and get the program hksfv, once checked and if all is well open winrar highlight all the rar (only) files and extract, done.
Now this movie will ONLY play in Videolan (can't seem to find another which will play it) thats because some PRAT used Xvid with the options B-VOP, S(GMC)-VOP and QuarterPixel to encode it.
If for some reason you do have a bad rar delate it (or them) then restart the download again.
If you want to know more about b-vop etc go here if you have a home Dvd (divx) player like I do.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=72899

http://www.big-o-software.com/products/hksfv/

gungrave:
Sorry can't help been pratting that long having had time to watch it yet.

05-16-2004, 10:23 PM
cwctv.

I've downloaded hksfv and all the files were OK. I opened winRAR and tried 'Exact To' but it found an error in one of the files (the only one ending in .RAR, the rest had the RAR icon next to it though). I tried extracting the others together and got this pop up,

'Archive group operation, No archives found in group operations'.

Before I make the classic noob mistake and delete the files for no reason, am I doing something wrong here or do you think the files are corrupt?

cwctv
05-16-2004, 10:34 PM
NO DON'T delate all just that one then go find the movie again and restart the download once it as checked your file it will then only redown that one file for you, weird this is what the program is suppose to check for at set times corrupt files hmm, good luck if its still bad sorry can't help you out as I have delated my rar files now gungrave may still have his.

05-17-2004, 12:08 PM
I downloaded the screener and extracted the movie rar files for CD1. Theres a 452Mb file in the folder called ST2.CD1.bin. How do I play it? <_<

cwctv
05-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Videolan or if you want to put it on a cd disc open Nero on splash screen cancel, find burn as image then your file and presto one part to watch on your home dvd if it will play S(vcd),as most bins are these sort of movie files.
If you have cut it and want to watch on your Pc something like PowerDvd is your baby.

puk:))
05-17-2004, 06:42 PM
this film blows.... big time.

oldjagman
05-17-2004, 11:31 PM
I downloaded this (God knows why) and got the error mesages when I unrar&#39;ed it. The file still played (I use ZoomPlayer) and worked in my MPEG friendly DVD player as well.

For the record, Heinlein is a facist, mysogenist, a***hole who managed to write some good yarns - Starship Troopers is not one of them and the films do the originals justice - they suck big time.

If you&#39;ve seen the first Starship Troopers you will be forgiven for thinking they re-released it with a "2" on the end&#33;&#33;