PDA

View Full Version : The Waiting Game

clunk1234567
05-18-2004, 02:36 PM
I just started my first Emule download. I set things up, go fishing for 24 hours, and when i returned all my downloads are still "waiting". Is this a problem with Emule.

Filliz
05-18-2004, 06:15 PM
I don't have that problem.
But it also depends on how much you're uploading :smilie4:
If you're sharing few or non files it could take ages to start your download.
And if they eventually do start,it will be going at a snailpase.

Thing with Emule is...The more you share,and the faster your upload speed is,the faster you will get an open slot and the faster you'll download.

It sucks,doesn&#39;t it? <_<

thisiswhoweare
05-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Filliz@18 May 2004 - 18:23
I don&#39;t have that problem.
But it also depends on how much you&#39;re uploading :smilie4:
If you&#39;re sharing few or non files it could take ages to start your download.
And if they eventually do start,it will be going at a snailpase.

Thing with Emule is...The more you share,and the faster your download speed is,the faster you will get an open slot and the faster you&#39;ll download.

It sucks,doesn&#39;t it? <_<
Nope. Its fair.

Its not so much how much you share, but rather how much you upload and who you upload to. If you upload to people who arent the same people you download from then it isnt much use. Thats why its better to share the same kinda stuff what you download.

And its got nothing to do with quicker download speed. It allows you to progress quicker through queues thats all. You can still get a slow download rate from each client, but you should be able to download more often in the same time space.

Filliz
05-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@18 May 2004 - 19:35

And its got nothing to do with quicker download speed. It allows you to progress quicker through queues thats all. You can still get a slow download rate from each client, but you should be able to download more often in the same time space.
My mistake..I meant Upload speed ;)

clunk1234567
05-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks

So if i have a few dozen programs up for grabs i should see an imporovement.

pirpu
05-19-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by clunk1234567@18 May 2004 - 19:58
So if i have a few dozen programs up for grabs i should see an imporovement.
You&#39;d better hope so :lol: but before you post again tomorrow that your upload speed is 20kBps and download is only 2kBps I can tell you that its normal for eMule