PDA

View Full Version : The Use Of Newsgroups

Filliz
06-14-2004, 01:10 AM
I just started to venture into the world of newsgroups...and it kicks ass :01:
The speeds i get there are wicked (1.7Mbps :01: ).
But since i'm new to this,i'm not quite sure wich are the good places to look for movies and such...So,could you recommend me some? :unsure: :)

Another thing is that i'm having a hard time getting the thing registered( ;) )
Have tried numerous ways but none of them really did the trick...
Sooo... :unsure: anyone that could help me out with this? :ph34r:

;)

Also,i've just been over to the newsbin forums and saw that they were discussing allthenewsgroups.com (http://www.allthenewsgroups.com) ( a paysite) :blink: Asking if any of them uses it :blink:
I don't get it...they all use newsbinpro,but still there are some people that subscribed to that site :huh: What's good about that?
if you have newsbinpro(or any other) you do get all the newsgroups,right?

Or is it that some ISp's block certain newsgroups?

Anyway,
Thanx for the help in advance

iMartin
06-14-2004, 01:23 AM
I've always wondered this, what exactly is a Newsgroup? I've heard about them on different places.

Keikan
06-14-2004, 02:37 AM
Hint look at the pinned topics in 'Other Filesharing Software'

muchspl2
06-14-2004, 04:05 AM
slyck.com has all the answers
and you dl from your isp, but most have a short retention, you can pay for "another isp" just for binaries, they are fast and go back for weeks

vivitron 15
06-14-2004, 07:35 PM
kinda on subject, i guess - but does anyone know of any good, cheap, reliable newsgroup servers which i can pay with paypal? i was looking at astraweb(unlimited) which seems pretty good - £5 per month, but it wants CC details, for which it wants my home addy..im not comfortable with this (well i aint gonna dl linux with it!) so id rather have the added security layer of my ISP.

Cheers