PDA

View Full Version : Downloads Aren't Appearing In Kazaa List...

Maybeth
06-14-2004, 09:28 PM
I have often wondered why my number of shared files is considerably larger than what shows up in kazaa lite. Today I discovered that not everything I download is showing up in kazaa lite, but, surprisingly, is showing up in my 'my shared folder'. I discovered this after thoroughly searching thru my kazaa folders to find what I just downloaded, then by chance opening my shared folder, lo and behold, there they were. Does anybody know why they are in my shared folder and nowhere in kazaa lite? Does anybody know how I might get them to show up in Kazaa Lite? Thanks in advance to anybody who answers.

Vargas
06-14-2004, 09:58 PM
when you view your shared folder with explorer do these mystery files have a different icon then your regular media files?

are they .mp3 or do they another extention, (.rm .ram .mpeg)

do they have "double extentions" like filename.mp3.vbs ?

Maybeth
06-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Nope, nothing like that. They all look the same and the extentions are all .mp3 - and no double extentions, either.

Vargas
06-16-2004, 02:26 AM
do they show up after you restart kazaa lite?
some versions of klite don't "refresh" your `my shared folder' as often as others

Maybeth
06-17-2004, 01:47 AM
Nope, still not there...

Vargas
06-17-2004, 03:25 AM
did you run a virus scan lately?
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Maybeth
06-21-2004, 08:20 PM
I have not actually run a scan recently, no, but I do have one on my system that automatically updates itself every couple of days. Also, I regularly run a spyware detection program to get rid of spyware. Are you thinking I may be infected with something?

Gilojeleia
06-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Its not on the "others" (kinds of files) in the my kazaa lite k++?

Gilojeleia
06-23-2004, 09:51 AM
The folder that contains the file is shared? Are you absolutely sure? Try re-choosing the shared folders...