PDA

View Full Version : Need Help On Movie Players

Cool_Guy
06-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Ummmm i have a problem. I downloaded a movie that say its a AVI but when i tryed to play it on DirX which is the AVi player, it doesn't work. I also tryed WMP(windows media player) but that failed too, i even tryed quick time but no luck. Does anyone know what kind of movie player i need? Thanks for your help :)

bilko
06-16-2004, 09:16 AM
a good player all round is vlan (called video lan)
just search in google or http://www.videolan.org/

ilw
06-16-2004, 03:13 PM
you don't really need a new movie player (but videolan is very good to have around) u need codecs. check codec section of this board for info and downloads

chinook_apache
06-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ilw@16 June 2004 - 15:21
you don't really need a new movie player (but videolan is very good to have around) u need codecs. check codec section of this board for info and downloads
yeah you will need codecs. then you use whatever you want wmp, realplayer videolan etc

Monkeee
06-17-2004, 03:13 AM
just download k-lite codec pack and use Video Lan and your set ;)

keyser_soze
06-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Download gs spot codec information its free, most players will play anything as long as u have the correct codecs installed, this will tell u the audio and video codecs needed to play the file and let u know if u have them installed, if not search and dload them but as mentioned before a lot of the most common used come with k-lie codec pack.