PDA

View Full Version : Dlink Di-604

Mr. Elmo
06-17-2004, 02:48 AM
i just installed this router and now my kazaa seems a lot slower and search dont come up with as many results...is there a specific ports kazaa need other than 1214 which i already fowarded ?

Mr. Elmo
06-17-2004, 02:56 AM
oh, and i my search results are from 1 users for each file...not multiple...like if im trying to download ...errr...naruto which is a very popular anime...ill get the whole naruto episode list in kazaa but it'll take 6-7 min and i only get 1 user who is sharing it...like kliteuser1010101011 is the one sharing all the episode on my search results...nobody else.

Switeck
06-18-2004, 12:17 PM
If you forwarded Kazaa's 1 ip port, then that's the hard part done.

But you ALSO need to run KANAT constantly while Kazaa (Lite/Ressurrection/Diet...) is running.

KANAT tricks Kazaa into thinking your computer's ip is really your internet ip rather than your computer's LAN ip. It's not 100% effective and it's a big CPU performance hit, but it's NECCESSARY to prevent being in a 'firewalled'/blocked state as far as Kazaa downloads/uploads are concerned.

(Note to others reading this thread: being firewalled DOESN'T prevent you from getting downloads and uploads -- it just prevents you from downloading from anyone who is also firewalled... which is possibly as high as 75% of the network!)