PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Found To Cause Major Errors In Computers!

kazza_lite rules
06-18-2004, 02:27 AM
RECENTLY THERE HAS BEEN 10 TESTS TO FIND OUT WHICH IS BETTER KAZAA OR KAZAA LITE.

TO DO THIS WE NEEDED 10 COMPUTERS 5 FOR KAZAA AND 5 FOR KAZAA LITE

WE FOUND MORE THAN WICH WAS BETTER

KAZAA SHOWED TO SLOW DOWN COMPUTERS BY MORE THAN %50 LESS THAN NORMAL. ALSO WE FOUND 20 DIFFRENT SPYWARE IN THE COMPUTER FROM KAZAA. ALSO KAZAA HAS MUCH SLOWER DOWNLOADS AND CRASHED 3/5 OF THE COMPUTERS

WE RECOMEND KAZAA LITE

danyj
06-18-2004, 02:50 AM
We all knew that....like 3 years ago :lol:

RealitY
06-18-2004, 02:54 AM
OMFG...
:P :P

Alex H
06-18-2004, 05:23 AM
@ kazza_lite rules

Welcome to the board!

Some of the reasons for KMD slowing your computer down are the huge amount of 3rd party crapware that comes with it.

If you actually sit down and read the User Licence, you'll see that it gives Sharman Networks, the people who distribute KMD, access to your CPU. If your computer isn't being used, Sharman can pretty much do what they want with it, and I imagine they sell the processing power of the millions of suckers who use it to companies who need some hardcore computing power, much like the SETI@home project.

DO yourself a favour and get a p2p app which is not called Kazaa Media Desktop. Pretty much any other program is better than KMD. And don't PAY for any p2p program - the whole idea is that sharing files should be FREE!

Edit: I forgot - PLEASE TAKE YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[B][O][T]
06-18-2004, 05:37 AM
ALSO WE FOUND 20 DIFFRENT SPYWARE IN THE COMPUTER FROM KAZAA

DAMN THAT SUCKS :)

BOT

muchspl2
06-18-2004, 06:44 AM
is this guy fucking serious, wtf

clocker
06-18-2004, 07:01 AM
KLR,
I would accept this as a scientific study, but your spelling is so atrocious that I doubt your results.

Sorry.

muchspl2
06-18-2004, 07:02 AM
I don't believe him, everyone knows kmd is Way better than k-lite :rolleyes:

Disenfranchised
06-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Alex H@18 June 2004 - 05:31
@ kazza_lite rules

Welcome to the board!

Some of the reasons for KMD slowing your computer down are the huge amount of 3rd party crapware that comes with it.

If you actually sit down and read the User Licence, you'll see that it gives Sharman Networks, the people who distribute KMD, access to your CPU. If your computer isn't being used, Sharman can pretty much do what they want with it, and I imagine they sell the processing power of the millions of suckers who use it to companies who need some hardcore computing power, much like the SETI@home project.

DO yourself a favour and get a p2p app which is not called Kazaa Media Desktop. Pretty much any other program is better than KMD. And don't PAY for any p2p program - the whole idea is that sharing files should be FREE!

Edit: I forgot - PLEASE TAKE YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:huh: I've just started sharing mp3s. Didn't know there were free p2p nets out there. I bought something called KaZaa Lite K++ and I think it was a mistake. I mean I share nearly 3000 files and it appears Lite K++ upload twenty to twenty five files to every file I download my uploads are fast and most downloads are sloooooow. Sooo got any suggestions?

PS anybody know where I can download Billie Peek Music (most of my old records died in a truck mishap).

muchspl2
06-18-2004, 08:08 PM
first you were scammed, kazaa lite is free
second, the fasttrack network is dying, fakes/virii and leeches = hard to get anything
try a different p2p, if you want rare music you should get soul seek, for everything else mirc/emule/dc++/ and bittorrent offers virtually NO fakes

Voetsek
06-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Yep and wn xp is more stable than 98 groan back on 98 here crash and crash

Switeck
06-19-2004, 06:04 AM
Win 98 is stable enough if you run ALL major upgrade patches for it from M$'s website and also did a fresh install of it to begin with. There's about 20 to 40 and you may have some problems figuring out which order to run them.

It probably doesn't become corrupted any quicker or slower than Win XP either.

However there are limitations such as 100 ip connections at once and 512 MB max useable RAM that Win XP doesn't have.

Voetsek
06-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Got all updates games cras and crash Generals groan

Switeck
06-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Voetsek@19 June 2004 - 03:38
Got all updates games cras and crash Generals groan
C&C Generals seems to crash all the time on a friend of mine's P-4 Win XP system as well... it may not be the Win OS's fault!

Disenfranchised
06-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@18 June 2004 - 20:16
first you were scammed, kazaa lite is free
second, the fasttrack network is dying, fakes/virii and leeches = hard to get anything
try a different p2p, if you want rare music you should get soul seek, for everything else mirc/emule/dc++/ and bittorrent offers virtually NO fakes
:helpsmile: Yep, little lubrication those first 2 dozen files I download. Your patience I implore (I know alot about pre-computerchiped HD's) but I'm feeling like a weak sister here. Found an emule p2p program doesn't rally seem much better than KaZaa243 free I found too. What does this mirc/emule/dc++/ and bittorrent thing mean how do I confiqure it and tried to find soul search but and bittorrent but keep I only find sites in German. So I only load Sixteen tons maybe I could help you out with some social difficulties.

<_< Disenfranchised

muchspl2
06-19-2004, 07:59 PM
have a look around the forum, this has all been posted over and over and over again

kthx

kazza_lite rules
06-21-2004, 11:56 AM
The forum was getting off tobic. Well the point is Kazaa lite is free and that the normal KMD has found to cause major errors on Windows 98. But Still it caused errors on windows xp

orcutt989
06-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Disenfranchised+18 June 2004 - 20:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Disenfranchised @ 18 June 2004 - 20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alex H@18 June 2004 - 05:31
@ kazza_lite rules

Welcome to the board&#33;

If you actually sit down and read the User Licence, you&#39;ll see that it gives Sharman Networks, the people who distribute KMD, access to your CPU. If your computer isn&#39;t being used, Sharman can pretty much do what they want with it, and I imagine they sell the processing power of the millions of suckers who use it to companies who need some hardcore computing power, much like the SETI@home project.

DO yourself a favour and get a p2p app which is not called Kazaa Media Desktop. Pretty much any other program is better than KMD. And don&#39;t PAY for any p2p program - the whole idea is that sharing files should be FREE&#33;

Edit: I forgot - PLEASE TAKE YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
:huh: I&#39;ve just started sharing mp3s. Didn&#39;t know there were free p2p nets out there. I bought something called KaZaa Lite K++ and I think it was a mistake. I mean I share nearly 3000 files and it appears Lite K++ upload twenty to twenty five files to every file I download my uploads are fast and most downloads are sloooooow. Sooo got any suggestions?

PS anybody know where I can download Billie Peek Music (most of my old records died in a truck mishap). [/b][/quote]
You sad sad soul. I feel so sorry for you, that you would pay for music files/software/movies. Please download any of the P2P programs directed from this forum. God have mercy on your soul.

3rd gen noob
06-21-2004, 05:03 PM
My associates and I have undertaken a study into the dangers of smoking. We have found that smoking causes cancer.

Alex H
06-22-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by kazza_lite rules@21 June 2004 - 12:04
The forum was getting off tobic. Well the point is Kazaa lite is free and that the normal KMD has found to cause major errors on Windows 98. But Still it caused errors on windows xp
Sorry for being off topic, but most people here have known KMD is crap for years, so we tend to let the conversation wander a bit.

like muchspl2 said, the fast track network (which is used by KMD and Kazaa Lite, for the uninitiated), is dying because the record companies have been pumping fake files onto it to make fast track unusable.

Get another p2p program. Personally I use Shareaza, but it is quite complicated and is really for advanced users...

Sparkle1984
06-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by orcutt989+21 June 2004 - 17:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (orcutt989 @ 21 June 2004 - 17:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Disenfranchised@18 June 2004 - 20:10
<!--QuoteBegin-Alex H@18 June 2004 - 05:31
@ kazza_lite rules

If you actually sit down and read the User Licence, you&#39;ll see that it gives Sharman Networks, the people who distribute KMD, access to your CPU. If your computer isn&#39;t being used, Sharman can pretty much do what they want with it, and I imagine they sell the processing power of the millions of suckers who use it to companies who need some hardcore computing power, much like the SETI@home project.

DO yourself a favour and get a p2p app which is not called Kazaa Media Desktop. Pretty much any other program is better than KMD. And don&#39;t PAY for any p2p program - the whole idea is that sharing files should be FREE&#33;

Edit: I forgot - PLEASE TAKE YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
:huh: I&#39;ve just started sharing mp3s. Didn&#39;t know there were free p2p nets out there. I bought something called KaZaa Lite K++ and I think it was a mistake. I mean I share nearly 3000 files and it appears Lite K++ upload twenty to twenty five files to every file I download my uploads are fast and most downloads are sloooooow. Sooo got any suggestions?

PS anybody know where I can download Billie Peek Music (most of my old records died in a truck mishap).
You sad sad soul. I feel so sorry for you, that you would pay for music files/software/movies. Please download any of the P2P programs directed from this forum. God have mercy on your soul. [/b][/quote]
Here we go again, sneer sneer sneer. I would rather help the person instead.
It&#39;s true what disenfranchised said, and I think that it is getting harder to find files on k-lite than it was a year ago.

Personally I use Shareaza, but it is quite complicated and is really for advanced users...
You call yourself advanced user? And you imply the original poster is not an advanced user? You should stop being so boastful all the time, as it&#39;s much more useful to give people advice instead of sneer down at them.

Titus808
06-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984+22 June 2004 - 20:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 &#064; 22 June 2004 - 20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by orcutt989@21 June 2004 - 17:03

Originally posted by Disenfranchised@18 June 2004 - 20:10
<!--QuoteBegin-Alex H@18 June 2004 - 05:31
@ kazza_lite rules

You sad sad soul. I feel so sorry for you, that you would pay for music files/software/movies. Please download any of the P2P programs directed from this forum. God have mercy on your soul.
Here we go again, sneer sneer sneer. I would rather help the person instead.
It&#39;s true what disenfranchised said, and I think that it is getting harder to find files on k-lite than it was a year ago.

Personally I use Shareaza, but it is quite complicated and is really for advanced users...
You call yourself advanced user? And you imply the original poster is not an advanced user? You should stop being so boastful all the time, as it&#39;s much more useful to give people advice instead of sneer down at them.[/b][/quote]
god damn right.

Image Resized
[img]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive12.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive12.jpg')

Disenfranchised
06-23-2004, 01:13 AM
Sparkle1984

Thank you&#33; Considering, orcutt989 is a Moderator and even after switching from KaZaa to Emule and reconfiguring my router so I&#39;ve a "high ID" I find much more uploading then downloading, I&#39;ve been under the impression that technonerds are are smart ass leeching punks. I appreciate being informed that that description only apt in some cases.

Disenfranchised

Tikibonbon
06-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Disenfranchised@23 June 2004 - 01:21
Sparkle1984

Thank you&#33;&nbsp; Considering, orcutt989 is a Moderator
LOL, funniest thing I have heard in quite awhile. Thank you very much, I needed that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See, I just made myself a board administrator, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

muchspl2
06-23-2004, 06:40 AM
this thread has taken a turn for the better, what&#39;s with all the idiots :lol:
<-----------exiting before I catch it from the noob&#39;s

Alex H
06-24-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984
You call yourself advanced user? And you imply the original poster is not an advanced user? You should stop being so boastful all the time, as it&#39;s much more useful to give people advice instead of sneer down at them.

No, I don&#39;t call myself an advanced user - I said I use Shareaza, which has so many fucking options and tweaks in it that is really easy to muck it up, which I do on a regular basis. I&#39;m still leaning how it works, but I appreciate the extra features.

Yes, I am implying that the original poster is not an advanced user - anyone who has been using this board, slyck.com or any other news site about file sharing for the past...year, would know that KMD is crap. I mean come on&#33; K Lite was a hacked version of KMD in the first place - why would anyone bother to hack it, take out the spyware, improve the features and make it generally more functional if it didn&#39;t make K-Lite a better application than KMD?&#33;?

I can&#39;t believe people are still discussing whether KMD is better than any of the other programs with "Kazaa" in the title.

I&#39;m not trying to be boastful - I&#39;m pointing out that if anyone bothered to read the KMD Licence Agreement supplied when you install the program they would realise how invasive KMD is. I am perfctly happy to talk to anyone about the different p2p programs, their networks, protocals, encryption features or anything else - but the first step is STOP USING KMD.

Were you aware that since KMD collects so much data about you, they can probably find you if they needed to? Their Licence Agreement says that KMD users will be held personaly liable if Sharman Networks is sued and/or prosecuted. Considering that Sharman is currently in court, if they wanted to, they could call you up and tell you to help bay their legal bill.

Being told to pay a legal bill that may be worth millions of dollars is more important to me than any "tests" showing K-lite is better than KMD, which I knew anyway.

That is my advise to the noobs.