PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Out!

Yanks0826
06-19-2004, 01:06 AM
I am looking for a file-sharing program that has a lot of songs like KaZaa-Lite but does NOT contain those RIAA hacked files.

I keep hearing about Imesh, eDonkey, etc, which one is comparable to Kazaa?

delphin460
06-19-2004, 02:03 AM
soulseek is the best for music although their network sux a bit

i actualy use mirc for full albums mate
there are thousands of full albums and a fair few singles on mirc

check the mirc section out on this forum if you are interested

iMartin
06-19-2004, 02:05 AM
LimeWire Pro (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=113950) is great, no fake files, faster downloads than Kazaa, and has software, pr0n, etc...But yes, for full albums, I'd use IRC.

xxxSHARExxx
06-19-2004, 02:20 AM
soulseek is good for albums and clean blubster work very well for me, so far i got no fakes

guit_steel
06-23-2004, 05:42 PM
SoulSeek does have good users and has been a good place for getting albums but I have a hard time recommending it with all the bugs the developer has created the past 6 months or so. It seems like a new test version is introduced every couple of weeks which adds some new feature but fails to work on the bugs that the previous tests exposed. Not many users are on the same page b/c of this anymore. Everyone is using a different version getting frustrated. I have a feeling that SoulSeek is going to experience the same decline soon that FT has experienced this past year.

It's not dead yet however. You can definitely find your albums, but I recommend you opt for 1.5.2 - steer clear of the test versions.